• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

Low Tier
Is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Madara Uchiha? Let alone defeat him. And I’m not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I’m not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I’m not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano’o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
dGY2H2f.png

confirm/deny

I do prefer mechanics in games to story so FF15 sounds up my alley. Problem is the only FF I liked was 9, (I can tolerate 7) I actively want to punch Noctis in the face, and if it's a bad story it'll negatively affect me anyway.

kionedrik

Every time I read "FFXV is good but will be divisive" I interpret it as a desperate attempt to self-validate the purchase, especially considering everything I saw up to this point.

shira

SEV1LWG.jpg

True Sight Episode 2
t1480550400z4.png

LANs
BM8ZlT3.png

t1480777200z4.png

Dec 3-4
Boston Major group stages

t1481122800z4.png

Dec 7-10
Boston Major Boston, USA
$3000K
16: Wings, DC, EG, OG, Execration, MVP, Newbee, Ehome, NP, CoL, iGV, LGDfy, Ad Finem, VP, Warriors, Faceless

Next Update - 6.89? New Journey? Monkey King? Secret Banana Hunt?
t1481615700z4.png

Dec 14-17
WCA 2016 Yinchuan, CN
$ TBD
10: Wings, iGV, Prodota, Warriors, Vega, Newbee, TNC, Vince te ipsum, Union, 1 TBD

Jan 5-7
ESL One Genting Genting, MY
$250k
8: Fnatic, DC, Wings, VP, NP, XTCN, Newbee, 1 TBD

Jan 19-22
DotaPit 5 Split, CRO
$125k
8: Wings, DC, Secret, VP, Faceless, Newbee, EG, 1 TBD

Chinese New Year Jan 28- Feb 2

Spring Major Open Qualifier Mar 6-9, Regional Qualifier Mar 10-13, LAN Apr 20-23

TI7 Open Qualifier Jun 22-25, Regional Qualifier Jun 26-29, LAN Early Aug(?)

dGY2H2f.png

confirm/deny

You use Tensor bandages to play CSGO?

As I understand it, once upon a time TUSR was a hockey prodigy despite his small town beginnings. But then one day his body imploded and his dreams turned to HoN

I wish I could play morphling he seems fun

also my Allahder Titan winrate is 70% and still not in my top 10 most played heroes.... he's still strong I believe in him

Echo Sabre -> Deso -> Blink being the proper build

Gaaraz

Really need to sort myself out, have a win rate now of just above 47% but looking at my stats in terms of last hits, KDA, GPM, MMR etc I'm pretty consistently going down too.

I must be doing something right because I seem to have an unusually high commend ratio somehow, but the games where I support I do a bad job of supporting (especially warding) and the games where I carry I do an awful job of carrying (I basically need other people in the team to carry me) - going to start watching Purge etc and hope I can become a more valuable team player :)

Really need to sort myself out, have a win rate now of just above 47% but looking at my stats in terms of last hits, KDA, GPM, MMR etc I'm pretty consistently going down too.

I must be doing something right because I seem to have an unusually high commend ratio somehow, but the games where I support I do a bad job of supporting (especially warding) and the games where I carry I do an awful job of carrying (I basically need other people in the team to carry me) - going to start watching Purge etc and hope I can become a more valuable team player :)
depending on you're winrate recently, you might just be noticing a fluctuation in the skill levels of your opponents and allies.

I know people like putting the responsibility for their play on their own shoulders (at least, outside the game), but it's not unreasonable to look at other factors as well. I mean sometimes you just have streaks where you're not actually playing poorly, you're just put in a rough spot with teammates that never talk, pick asynergistic heroes, and feed your opponents. Or your opponents are just straight better than you. Try different heroes, different build orders, different play styles and see if something works better. Sometimes following the build you've been using for months just isn't the path to victory, and sometimes following the path that PROFESSIONAL DOTA PLAYERS use just isn't optimal for your skill level.

As an example, carry heroes in the offlane can shit on lower MMR players in a way they can't once you get to games where support players actually understand how to fuck up an offlaner and punish cocky play, but until you start playing versus better players, you can still pick offlane naix, weaver, slark, tiny, etc. and make the enemy witch doctor your bitch.

Gaaraz

Thanks, I've had a few horrible games recently, for example two people disconnecting very early on, or (my favourite) our main carry who was absolutely dominating getting his aegis 'stolen' and then proceeding to run straight into the enemy base to get himself killed over and over again x_x

But I think... I don't know, I still feel somewhat responsible for those things, if people ragequit, it could be because I'm playing badly. If someone is throwing a tantrum and deliberately feeding, we need to try to talk him around and convince him to play properly.

Yeah you're right, thank you. I'll try picking different heroes (Slark and Jugger look like they'd be fun to play) but maybe also focus on playing as heroes which I have a relatively high win rate for (interestingly, my support win rate is *way* higher than my core win rate).

To be fair, I quit Dota because I would feel so resigned when I load in and my teammate instalocks mid Treant or some shit. Dota just doesn't give me enough of a high when I'm winning to justify the streaks of bullshit I described. One of those things you gotta cope with.

inkls

To be fair, I quit Dota because I would feel so resigned when I load in and my teammate instalocks mid Treant or some shit. Dota just doesn't give me enough of a high when I'm winning to justify the streaks of bullshit I described. One of those things you gotta cope with.

But i thought you didnt stack with steve

great, the latest patch(s) fucked up the bots.
if you get 20cs in less than 5 minutes they will lose their shit and 5 man on your lane. if you are lvl1 jungling then 2 bots will be running back and fourth between you and their lane like a bunch of morons. they also panic if they are close to you while you are killing jungle creeps at any point of the game.

I just want to practice some enigma ffs

Artanisix

great, the latest patch(s) fucked up the bots.
if you get 20cs in less than 5 minutes they will lose their shit and 5 man on your lane. if you are lvl1 jungling then 2 bots will be running back and fourth between you and their lane like a bunch of morons. they also panic if they are close to you while you are killing jungle creeps at any point of the game.

I just want to practice some enigma ffs

mute everyone and do it in pubs

Fevaweva

Totally forgot that CoL somehow got into Boston. NA Dota is so dumb.

It's sure going to be an interesting Major that's for sure. I am expecting a Wings win but maybe their weird ass draft might be their downfall one of these days.

You can do it in a lobby with no bots, just creeps/NC. That's how I practiced jungling.

ya, also the custom games like Neutral Camp Spawn Boxes, very good for Chenchantress/Enigma jungling practice

Chench/NP have some gameplay flexibility where you usually want to roam and gank pretty quickly which is tough to practice without trying it out in actual games but with Enigma getting a quick hole and some items is super useful

Midnight Pulse to destroy trees and keeping your eidolons alive through micro speeds up your timing by a lot

First two games I play in two weeks.

Game one I'm asked to support, do okay but my team got kited too much instead of focusing during teamfights. PA crits people to hell and back. Lose.

Game two I'm asked to mid, pick OD and absolutely shit on the other mid. Like talking using Astral to block CS for them and get last hits for me, runes, setting up ganks, etc.

But my team spends too much time chasing kills instead of pushing objectives and their Ursa and Sven take over teamfights despite my best efforts to keep them under control.

6 slots was not enough to keep me alive and keep them out of fights.

It was so close too, literally came down to Legion buying back, attack moving down mid and dying because they weren't paying attention. Of course our supports tried to save her and died as well.

Fun games though. Was nice to see my CS was still half decent.

Midnight Pulse to destroy trees and keeping your eidolons alive through micro speeds up your timing by a lot

The feeling of coming out of jungle as Enigma and having ult before half the other players do is so good.

SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER.

inkls

First two games I play in two weeks.

Game one I'm asked to support, do okay but my team got kited too much instead of focusing during teamfights. PA crits people to hell and back. Lose.

Game two I'm asked to mid, pick OD and absolutely shit on the other mid. Like talking using Astral to block CS for them and get last hits for me, runes, setting up ganks, etc.

But my team spends too much time chasing kills instead of pushing objectives and their Ursa and Sven take over teamfights despite my best efforts to keep them under control.

6 slots was not enough to keep me alive and keep them out of fights.

It was so close too, literally came down to Legion buying back, attack moving down mid and dying because they weren't paying attention. Of course our supports tried to save her and died as well.

Fun games though. Was nice to see my CS was still half decent.

The feeling of coming out of jungle as Enigma and having ult before half the other players do is so good.

SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER.

What items did you get on OD vs them?

lol at all the softball reviews of FFXV. Love the game but clearly, the people who don't enjoy it are not represented by the media and their reviews at all. Just utterly pointless.

What items did you get on OD vs them?

I needed mobility to survive the KotL and Tinker as well, so I built Hurricane Pike / Blink Dagger / BKB / Rod of Atos / BoT (after Power Treads cause Tinker)

That fuckin' KotL made fights so shitty even with my passive.

I should've built Linkens or Euls but was kind of hoping my supports would.

*EDIT* Oh wait, our Ogre built Euls but never used it.

Mind you this is sub 2K MMR so anything goes down here.

The main issue we had late game is people got scared. Instead of taking a tower or rax after kills they just kept farming, and then would chase people into bad teamfights instead of positioning well enough to avoid the Sven and KotL.

For example I was kiting Ursa to our T3 and the NS and Legion both ignore him to chase KotL who leads them into Sven near our secret shop when we had no wards up there.

inkls

I needed mobility to survive the KotL and Tinker as well, so I built Hurricane Pike / Blink Dagger / BKB / Rod of Atos / BoT (after Power Treads cause Tinker)

That fuckin' KotL made fights so shitty even with my passive.

I should've built Linkens or Euls but was kind of hoping my supports would.

*EDIT* Oh wait, our Ogre built Euls but never used it.

Mind you this is sub 2K MMR so anything goes down here.

You can't eul's allies. Only yourself or enemies. I think you could have ignored atos. While the stats are good, enemy team already had bkbs so I don't know how relevant it was against Ursa and Sven since I haven't seen the game, but I don't think OD is gonna have trouble kitting or be kited with his ms and really hard when you have blink and hurricane Pike.

Probably needed a sheep stick tbh. Maybe as a final item if you had the slots get a refresher for double Bkb, double sheep and double ult.

RS4-

lol partying with 2k players over the past few months. Now when I solo, I've went from VHS to high and normal.

So bad.

Anyone listen to groove metal and wanna give me recommendations? Melodic post-hardcore shit works, too, if it's pretty riff-heavy and bassy. Best for writing papers.

Top Bottom