• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

Twookie

one more hour
VoHiYo.png

Nephilim

Banned
I know all MOBAS have Toxic communities but is DOTA at least better than Smite? I know LoL is the worst. Im essentially looking for a good MOBA to play with the least amount of toxic players. Pretty sure ill end up just not playing MOBAs ha

t0rment

I know all MOBAS have Toxic communities but is DOTA at least better than Smite? I know LoL is the worst. Im essentially looking for a good MOBA to play with the least amount of toxic players. Pretty sure ill end up just not playing MOBAs ha

dota is the worst of all.

hots is not that bad, i think.

Twookie

so how bad is smite toxicitywise? years since I last played that game

personally I haven't met that much toxicity, atleast the ratio for "toxicfree" games and toxic games has been pretty is very skewed towards "toxicfree"(as in some people might say at most one mean thing or two, but that's it).

As with any MOBA, there's toxicity because of how competive this genre is. I would reccommend muting people that are excessively toxic as they will most likely not contribute that much.

dota is the worst of all.

hots is not that bad, i think.

I definetly think league is the worst toxicitywise, atleast from personal experience. Although I haven't played a real match of league for a year or so, the punishment system might have done wonders.

hots is alright from my personal experience

t0rment

lol is automatically better because it has a better punishment system and less tools for others players to fuck up your game. most of the time there you can just mute everyone and you're golden.

in dota people has multiple ways to waste your time and make your game hell and lp is a fucking joke as a punishment system, especially now with less reports, since people are better off feeding since minute one to finish the game faster than abandoning the game.

Nephilim

Banned
so how bad is smite toxicitywise? years since I last played that game

Here's a bunch of issues that smite has. Some Toxic. Some just plain ignorant

Instalocking characters
Doing bad but blaming the people doing good for them doing bad lmao(mostly happens when people party up with their clans)
afks
quitting games
building wrong
Will install curse, but dont even use it.
constant flaming/harrassment for no reason
TERRIBLE MATCHMAKING

couple hours ago I had a match where someone kept dying so they say "im done" then proceeded to stay in base. Next, they go "stupid americans" so I ask why even play in our server". Responds with "its fun playing with monkeys"

People in smite will literally make stuff up just to not look bad. God damn that game lol

Twookie

Instalocking characters
Doing bad but blaming the people doing good for them doing bad lmao(mostly happens when people party up with their clans)
afks
quitting games
building wrong
TERRIBLE MATCHMAKING

couple hours ago I had a match where someone kept dying so they say "im done" then proceeded to stay in base. Next, they go "stupid americans" so I ask why even play in our server". Responds with "its fun playing with monkeys"

People in smite will literally make stuff up just to not look bad. God damn that game lol

Some of these are in Dota 2 too.
Although 1 and 5 is less of a problem because of how flexible the hero and item system is, a LOT is viable, even if it seems dumb at first.
although it's foolish to say this doesn't happen in dota 2 aswell, because some people have no clue
also there's a guide system that allows you to select the most popular itembuild and skillbuild which should help players pick good items and skillbuilds.

If someone afk's for 5 mins without pausing, said player is flagged as "abandoned" and takes instant MMR loss. You can leave the game without taking the mmr loss.

The point you had with flaming and blaming people while doing bad themselves is inescapable sadly I think, since there are assholes in every multiplayer game ever :(

People in NA servers constantly complain about peruvians "invading" their server, and same with europeans complaining about russians in their servers.

Curse issue shouldn't be a problem here, since VOIP is integrated in the game.

All in all, I would reccommend giving the game a try, but I doubt you'll be able to escape all of this as it might happen every few games so keep that in mind.

I'm sure people here would like to play if you ask them aswell
smile.gif

Just finished FFXV and the story was bad. You guys have no clue.

Game is very fun overall but screw that story. FFXV would have been better off going the Monster Hunter route with how good the actual mechanics and controls are.

Red UFO

Instalocking characters
afks
quitting games
building wrong
TERRIBLE MATCHMAKING

DotaGAF is super friendly and fun to play with and we're always looking for more to play with. If you decide to jump in make sure to post and I'll send you my steam name and a discord invite.

Nephilim

Banned
Some of these are in Dota 2 too.
Although 1 and 5 is less of a problem because of how flexible the hero and item system is, a LOT is viable, even if it seems dumb at first.

If someone afk's for 5 mins without pausing, said player is flagged as "abandoned" and takes instant MMR loss. You can leave the game without taking the mmr loss.

The point you had with flaming and blaming people while doing bad themselves is inescapable sadly I think, since there are assholes in every multiplayer game ever :(

People in NA servers constantly complain about peruvians "invading" their server, and same with europeans complaining about russians in their servers.

Curse issue shouldn't be a problem here, since VOIP is integrated in the game.

All in all, I would reccommend giving the game a try, but I doubt you'll be able to escape all of this as it might happen every few games so keep that in mind.

I'm sure people here would like to play if you ask them aswell
smile.gif

I have it downloading right now. Hopefully there is a good tutorial cause smite is the only Moba ive played so coming from 3rd person is gonna be hard

Twookie

Game is very fun overall but screw that story. FFXV would have been better off going the Monster Hunter route with how good the actualy mechanics and controls are.

I'm having loads of fun with the game but even at the point I'm at the story has been average at best so I'm not surprised.

I have it downloading right now. Hopefully there is a good tutorial cause smite is the only Moba ive played so coming from 3rd person is gonna be hard

the tutorial is alright I think, they "recently" updated it. Haven't tried it though

if you have any questions about anything, just ask here and we'll help you ( ^∀^)

Nephilim

Banned

Game is very fun overall but screw that story. FFXV would have been better off going the Monster Hunter route with how good the actualy mechanics and controls are.

How would you compare it to the recent Star Ocean?

Top Bottom