• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Small blog post about 7.00

http://blog.dota2.com/2016/12/7-00-update-countdown/

" Your clash for the Ancients will never be the same. " -- This gives me the feeling that it's going to be a massive and crazy patch.
Sounds scary tbh. Tho the number of games of Dota I've played in 2016 must be at an all time low, so maybe a big shake up will pull me back in. If nothing else, some good drama on outrage would get me to check out /r/dota2 again.

Quesa

I'm having a hard time thinking of changes that would merit something as big as a 7.00 change.

Like, they've made alterations to every conceivable aspect of the game in .01-change patches. The map, gold acquisition rate, buyback, hero selection, models and terrain, loot and drops, heroes, new items, Roshan, how kills work and award gold. I'm leaning towards this being another big patch in those terms with a new hero and some QoL changes. But I'm excited to find out!

kasane

I'm having a hard time thinking of changes that would merit something as big as a 7.00 change. But I'm excited to find out!

HUD changes for one

some gameplay system being completely changed. maybe the map is changed again or something idk T_T

Artanisix

Alright DotaGAF historians, can someone explain to me if there was anything significant in the trailer showing 6.84c -> 6.83d? I downloaded the trailer and retook some screenshots so I know I'm not crazy.

684c.jpg
683d.jpg

At 48s in the trailer.

Only thing I maybe noticed was that it was when we had Source 2 beta, and TI4? was still in Source 1.

Its the final dota 1 patch, came out after 6.84c on dota 2 iirc

kasane

I would most definitely be excited about HUD changes.

me too

but in a way im not. As someone who played during the wc3 days it would just feel wrong with a different HUD. Even though i acknowledge that alot of things can be improved i hope it doesnt stray too far off the original

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Dota 2 will get a massively multiplayer story mode, in which you, a player created hero, will take down both ancients in an epic story. The first group to beat it legitimately will get their created heroes immortalised as the next new hero set of heroes.

kasane

Dota 2 will get a massively multiplayer story mode, in which you, a player created hero, will take down both ancients in an epic story. The first group to beat it legitimately will get their created heroes immortalised as the next new hero set of heroes.

lol we WoW now

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
They also fix the bridge in mid lane, so players have to walk around to get to the river, and those in the river go under the bridge.

Hylian7

I'm eager and nervous about these big changes. While I don't think anything as drastic as "The game is literally LoL now!", there could be changes that take away some of the game's identity. However I am optimistic and Icefrog hasn't really let me down in this way. 6.83 was probably the worst patch and even that one didn't have anything like what I am talking about. Rubber banding was huge, but the changes that it sounds like are in this patch are beyond that.

I have a production deployment in the morning for work that is going to end shortly before the test patch and notes drop, so I will be doing my usual patch analysis/demo stream, with possibly a break if the patch is as large as rumored.

Congrats!

Congrats m8

Ugh, have had next to zero time to even keep an eye on Dota-related things, much less play, but finals finish up on Tuesday....gonna be a fun couple of days, lol.

edit: Also grats, Hylian.

Congrats Hylian!

Congrats on the engagement, Hylian!

nice job hylian ~

Hylian
+1

congrats dude
Thanks guys. :)

kasane

that fucking bleak hallunication gem for axe is stupid

sometimes i mistake it as him cancelling his culling blade or whatever

kionedrik

Congrats Hylian.

I'm expecting 7.00 to bring some drastic map and abilities changes, maybe even a couple of reworked heroes. I also think hp regen will suffer a massive nerf.

kasane

I legit cant sleep

Icefrog..... But tbh no matyer what shit iceftog throws at me ill syill take it like that icrfrog meme. I tried to quit two years ago cant see what will make me quit noe

M.D

I wonder if they're gonna reset MMR for all players

seems fitting if it really is such a huge change to the game

Red UFO

On that line of thinking though, what if they do overall the ranking system? I actually like the raw simplicity of having a single number, but I know some people want Like, seasonal rankings and all that shit.

Arol

They're not going to reset MMR, but I could see them combining both to appease people about the whole party ranked in solo.

I thought about staying up late to read the patch notes but all this waking up at ungodly hours to watch Boston Major matches is taking a toll on me. See you guys on the other side! DOTA 2 WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN RIGHT?
cBj1LTf.png

pompidu

Would be hilarious if the map flipped horizontally, dire to the top left and radiant to the bottom right. Fear should get an item named after him at the least.

Top Bottom