• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Best way to spend a Sunday afternoon
T0xlAQI.gif

Nere

No stats, attack power, talents what is this shit? Why are they copying from HotS and LoL? Always loved Dota for being unique.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I'm ok with talent system so far. Just gotta give it time to balance it out.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Winter Wyvern:
---
Level 10: +8 Intelligence | +5 Strength
Level 15: +15 Movement Speed | +40 Damage
Level 20: +120 Gold/Min | -35s Respawn Time
EZ GPM

EZ LIFE

Mirana:
---
Level 10: +8 Agility | +150 Health
Level 15: +5% Spell Amplification | +30 Attack Speed
Level 20: +40 Damage | +8 Armor
Level 25: +100 Leap Attack Speed | +2 Multishot Sacred Arrows
WHAT

Haly

Skywrath Mage:
---
* Reworked Skywrath Mage's Scepter. Anytime you cast an ability, a different random nearby target (heroes prioritized) will be targeted within 700 AoE of the target. For example, if you Ancient Seal a target, you will also Ancient Seal another target. If you Mystic Flare an area, a random a nearby target (heroes prioritized) that isn't in the existing target area (within 700 from the location).
surprise.gif

Slark:
---
* Added Scepter to Slark. Reduces cooldown from 60 to 30 and causes Shadow Dance active to be a 325 AoE, hiding allied heroes underneath it.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Haly

BOUNDLESS STRIKE
Monkey King enlarges his staff and slams it against the ground, stunning enemies in a line and dealing a critical strike based on his attack.
CONDITIONAL STUN ON NEXT ATTACK ✓
TREE DANCE
Monkey King leaps along the treetops, looking for his next chance to spring into the fight. Provides the Primal Spring ability.

PRIMAL SPRING
From his hidden vantage in the treetops, Monkey King leaps into combat, slowing and damaging any enemies in the area of impact based on how long he channeled.
MOBILITY ACTIVE WITH SECONDARY ABILITY ✓

JINGU MASTERY

Monkey King charges his legendary staff with power as he strikes his enemies, gaining bonus damage and lifesteal for a limited number of attacks.
AUTO ATTACK PASSIVE THAT TRIGGERS WITH THREE ATTACKS ✓

MISCHIEF

An innate power, Monkey King changes his form to deceive his enemies, using his surroundings as inspiration for the disguise.
FLAVORFUL PASSIVE ✓

MUST BE DOTA DEUX 7.0
highfive.gif

KingKong

so basically talents are just stats until level 25 when you can alter an ability. sounds alright. plus the gpm talents are super good for supports

Quesa

One of the best changes in this new patch is that the kill screen now longer says "player has pwned player's head for 234 gold!"

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Are you fucked if you choose wrong talents?
Eventually probably. The problem I have with League's runes and masteries system as well as the talent system in HotS is that they were created with an intent of allowing the player to have some flexibility in how the hero is played but eventually a by-the-numbers most optimal way of speccing the hero meta develops.

I have faith in Icefrog to be better than the competition but I won't be surprised if in a few months the community will aggressively reinforce the "right way" to spec each hero.

Haly

I have faith in Icefrog to be better than the competition but I won't be surprised if in a few months the community will aggressively reinforce the "right way" to spec each hero.

I agree, but I'd like to add that the talents seem to be pretty differentiated. If you look at Venge, you can see she has a carry build and a support build. League and HOTS heroes are too limited to their niche so they have to maximize for it. DOTA is the only game where a hero can be a support and carry at the same time.

Top Bottom