• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

kasane

Im honestly scared of change

Iv been playing dota for as long as i can remember and i dont think there was a patch thats gonna change more than this if the things people are hinting at are true.

I survived removal of aegis in the shop, not being able to ward rosh, introduction of smoke, changes in buyback etc. But if even the HUD changes this might turn out a completely different game than ive played

So why does Juggs ultimate work after it pops linkens and finds another target? This is the only target ultimate that gets this treatment. Makes no sense.
The first strike used to have a mini stun and Linken's blocks that so the item wasn't quite as useless against Omnislash as it is now.

I brought this up on the Discord because I've been wondering about it for years: is Gambler's concept of "money = power" straight up busted or could it work in a different way (not like Alchemist)?

Obviously Gambler himself is broken so ignore his kit.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
As much as I am complaining about there not being patch notes, knowing that they're updating on a Sunday (and having to do emergency patches for new issues discovered etc) is a bold move on their part, so kudos to them.

I would have just waited till Monday myself!
I want to say Icefrog is not changing shit at this point, but the private beta is still being patched.

Hope we get more than 1 hero and Frostivius.

Gambler could likely work today, where some ability of his is dependent on unspent gold, or actually costs gold to use (The engine has supported gold gold for spells for over a year, and is used in some custom games)

la_briola

As much as I am complaining about there not being patch notes, knowing that they're updating on a Sunday (and having to do emergency patches for new issues discovered etc) is a bold move on their part, so kudos to them.

I would have just waited till Monday myself!

Test client, no emergency patches needed.
invoker-laugh.gif

Sibylus

Banned
I brought this up on the Discord because I've been wondering about it for years: is Gambler's concept of "money = power" straight up busted or could it work in a different way (not like Alchemist)?

Obviously Gambler himself is broken so ignore his kit.

Gold into power is the curve of every hero in the game, except in Gambler's case it's more direct, less flexible, and less interesting imo.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Let Gambler buy damage directly with gold. 40/30/20/10 gold = 1 attack damage. He can sell back his damage for gold though, like Morphling. He loses purchased damage upon death, BUT, the gold he normally loses on death is converted to damage, at a 50% reduced rate.

Sibylus

Banned
That's what I was wondering about, really. A more direct way of transferring money into kill people.

I just don't really see it as being particularly interesting. You could theoretically do it just by doing nothing and letting gold creep.

If it was a hero who had access to a unique shop with potent consumables/wards/buildings that could be had for gold, that would work better in my mind. Or a hero that gambled with HP costs for their spells.

I just don't really see it as being particularly interesting. You could theoretically do it just by doing nothing and letting gold creep.

If it was a hero who had access to a unique shop with potent consumables/wards/buildings that could be had for gold, that would work better in my mind. Or a hero that gambled with HP costs for their spells.
Either of those would be more interesting.

Quesa

We should line up some inhouses tbh

And re: Gambler, maybe a way to make it interesting would be for it to only be really worth it in last-ditch efforts. Like, a it would be 1000 gold to deal 400 damage for when you absolutely need to land a kill. Or, you could do something similar to the current buyback mechanic, where you could activate a nuke or a shield, but would be unable to earn gold while the ability was on CD.

Lotto

i always feel dead inside after a valve hosted tournament, especially when it's really good. i just want more dota in me. can't wait for tomorrow's update.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I'd probably tend toward to the unique consumable/building shop hero, for sheer novelty. Rebuild towers! Permawards! Rebuild barracks! Build moonwells! (todo: think of something for a moonwell to do)
Spend gold to instantly end the game. Everyone loses -50 mmr.

Alright DotaGAF historians, can someone explain to me if there was anything significant in the trailer showing 6.84c -> 6.83d? I downloaded the trailer and retook some screenshots so I know I'm not crazy.

684c.jpg
683d.jpg

At 48s in the trailer.

Only thing I maybe noticed was that it was when we had Source 2 beta, and TI4? was still in Source 1.

W10 exclusive
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

yea they dun fucked up there.

but the game tho? shit's pretty great, I can't even lie.

It's like a cross between um...a MOBA and Overwatch if it could be played in 3rd person? With fantastic animation and art styling rivaling anything I've seen out of a AAA studio. It's also very straight forward for anyone who has played a MOBA like Smite. Skill leveling system is nicely minimalist.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Alright DotaGAF historians, can someone explain to me if there was anything significant in the trailer showing 6.84c -> 6.83d? I downloaded the trailer and retook some screenshots so I know I'm not crazy.

684c.jpg
683d.jpg

At 48s in the trailer.

Only thing I maybe noticed was that it was when we had Source 2 beta, and TI4? was still in Source 1.
I think they just messed up, I can't think of anything.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Guys, Gigantic is a really cool game.

I've been wanting to try it out. Got invited to the beta but didn't have Windows 10 at the time. Now I have Windows 10 and my beta invite seems to have lapsed or something so I wasn't able to get in last time they ran a closed beta. As someone who liked Battleborn on paper but not in practice, I'm hoping Gigantic is the behind the back MOBA I've been looking for.

I've been wanting to try it out. Got invited to the beta but didn't have Windows 10 at the time. Now I have Windows 10 and my beta invite seems to have lapsed or something so I wasn't able to get in last time they ran a closed beta. As someone who liked Battleborn on paper but not in practice, I'm hoping Gigantic is the behind the back MOBA I've been looking for.

It's in Open Beta now. Just head to the Windows store and download!

Saprol

I'll play with you if you can help me figure out how to make a Dead Rising 4 desktop shortcut

i tried doing that for the gigantic open beta. only way i could figure it out is to pin it to the start menu, then drag the tile to the desktop. thanks microsoft

Yazzees

any word on if they've secretly been working on more heroes than just monkey king

like how phoenix was ported out of nowhere when all the patch hype was for someone else (i forget)

any word on if they've secretly been working on more heroes than just monkey king

like how phoenix was ported out of nowhere when all the patch hype was for someone else (i forget)
Terrorblade. There's always a slim chance but I'd be more hopeful for hero reworks than brand new heroes.

shira

You need new heroes to sell hats. So yes they are working on heroes - but who knows what state of development they are in.

Maybe it's Saint Salamander

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Ugh, have had next to zero time to even keep an eye on Dota-related things, much less play, but finals finish up on Tuesday....gonna be a fun couple of days, lol.

edit: Also grats, Hylian.

Top Bottom