• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

Wok

A hint at the new hero for patch 8.00 in 2025?

zqCTW7L.png

kasane

Honrstly these lvl 25 talebts re broken beyong relief imo

Im saying broken in the context thst some of them just doesnt make sense in dota

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Only in DotA can a higher level hero get over 1k hero for a single hero kill. Fuck this rubber band shit is still annoying

That's not the norm and rubber band was just nerfed by almost 20%? So what are you referring to?

Honrstly these lvl 25 talebts re broken beyong relief imo

Im saying broken in the context thst some of them just doesnt make sense in dota

Even at my shit tier 3.8k mmr where games unnecessarily drag on level 25 heroes are not normal not to mention with xp for kill taking a hit it will be even slower. Conceptually some of these changes are crazy but getting multiple heroes to level 25 in a single game is so rare that by extending games abnormally long some clowny shit has had to go down for that to occur (Grand Finals game 3 yesterday)

kasane

Also the hud feels weird as hell for me

Shop hotkey aint working too

some of them are

and some of them are +2 attacks on phoenix egg
Yeah thats what im saying. Some of them are broken in the vein of OP. Some of them makes you feel like they didnt even play the hero.

Eleuin

I don't know why they implemented them now when its clear some are vastly superior to others

Over here we got +6 treants NP and then on the other side 50+ hits diabolic edict leshrac

pompidu

That's not the norm and rubber band was just nerfed by almost 20%? So what are you referring to?

Even at my shit tier 3.8k mmr where games unnecessarily drag on level 25 heroes are not normal not to mention with xp for kill taking a hit it will be even slower. Conceptually some of these changes are crazy but getting multiple heroes to level 25 in a single game is so rare that by extending games abnormally long some clowny shit has had to go down for that to occur (Grand Finals game 3 yesterday)

I would have to go look at the math but I, lvl 19 with ultra kill streak died to lvl 25, and they got 1202 gold. Seems absurd to get that much gold that many levels higher.

KingKong

It looks to me like they didnt want to make too many changes to heroes besides talents so im sure theyll balance them quickly and then next patch theyll go crazier with talents and skill reworks and new items

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It looks like Valve is going to add in Cosmetic Phoenix Eggs in the future. Also cosmetic wings, but that's less interesting.

Wok

I don't know why you complain after Phoenix's +2 egg attacks at level 25, as if this were not enough. The hero is already completely broken with aghs or octarine, it is not as if he was going to ult mindlessly anyway. +2 attacks is huge.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
If illusions give bounty's now, does Greevil's Greed work on them?

That's what I was thinking about earlier. If zombies do I don't see how illusions wouldn't not to mention as more aghs upgrades are added having an alch pick becomes more strategically sound.

Woke up and I see the patch notes do not disappoint. Woof. Dota 2 will never be the same again indeed.

TwoBear I feel your pain on the level 25 talent for Phoenix. The one for Bristle is super underwhelming too. :/ +25 Health Regen (Ok, pretty good I guess!) or +4 Max Goo Stacks (Going to be absolutely useless)

kasane

i feel like some of these talents are literally throwing shit and seeing what sticks

icefrog be like lets add talents yet he didnt realize how many he has to balnce

edit: also been looking for options to scale hud since its so fucking small in my 24 inch monitor. Guess its not there.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
There are WIP icons for a bunch of scrapped monkey king abilities. They are labeled Bar Wall, Bludgeon, Bounce, Deflection, and Pick Pocket. A few of those could just be the WIP ability names for the final stuff, but he definitely has no Pick Pocket ability.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Man, so much weird shit going in in Talents.

Like...why does alch get 30% lifesteal at level 25 vs PA getting 10% at 15 and slark getting 10% at level 10?

Or why does QoP get 70% spell vamp at 25 compared to Tinker's 20%? (This has at least some basis in dps potential variance via Rearm, but still).

Definitely some odd scepter additions/reworks, like Zeus', for example.

Chris R

Best resource to look at the new map without downloading the test client? Images or youtubes, don't really care. Only thing I was let down by with the update post.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Best resource to look at the new map without downloading the test client? Images or youtubes, don't really care. Only thing I was let down by with the update post.
Twitch

Aselith

Backpack is a needed change. Juggling always sucks

Russian nesting doll strat coming up with NP with riki inside with lifestealer inside him. GG GG

kasane

honestly i hate that the backpack is always there

if lategame people are really pressed for slots and want to switch items make backpack a purchasable item

edit: also we wont get Clown 9 no tp moments anymore unless a team absolutely brainfarts because of the bakcpack slots

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member

if lategame people are really pressed for slots and want to switch items make backpack a purchasable item
It has more value in holding recipes and tp scrolls. Also, hiding your wards and smokes is pretty cool.

Most games you're not gonna get to a point to use it for late game stuff like everyone keeps thinking.

Backpack is a needed change. Juggling always sucks

Russian nesting doll strat coming up with NP with riki inside with lifestealer inside him. GG GG

You forgot Lifestealer's Aghs lets him eat another hero too.

Io + 1, carrying a Riki + Lifestealer with Aghs and another hero. Global 5 man gank squad hoo!

It's great for supports in the mid game
In fact it's more useful for supports, smoke wards,dust, tp...there goes half of your inventory. Position 5 support won't be able to afford a backpack on top that, especially if the game is going south

Top Bottom