• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood

So mean
hex.gif

Wukong is too good.

Dota is a changin, fam.

I'm excited about it, but I don't know how I feel about the minimalist UI / loading in VS screen just yet.

inkls

Wukong is too good.

Dota is a changin, fam.

I'm excited about it, but I don't know how I feel about the minimalist UI / loading in VS screen just yet.

I want to be able to scale it, items feel too small imo and you should be able to see your stats, k/d/a, lh/denies without having to hold alt.

the super smash bros vs. screen really is corny as fuck lol

smaller UI elements will take some getting used to but I appreciate having more of the playing field visible

and I don't know why people are going crazy about the riki thing? Iirc the pros largely ignored lifestealer aghs cheese strats, for the most part

inkls

the super smash bros vs. screen really is corny as fuck lol

smaller UI elements will take some getting used to but I appreciate having more of the playing field visible

and I don't know why people are going crazy about the riki thing? Iirc the pros largely ignored lifestealer aghs cheese strats, for the most part

It was a reddit meme. Thats why people are going crazy about it.

Absolutely not. Staff Stun is once every 30s. Ember rapier can potentially ranpage every 6? seconds.

I also think the tree jump is balanced. No mana cost is offset by the blink cooldown. Its a very unreliable escape unless you use your stun defensively.

His ultimate has such a huge cast time too.

But 100% crit chance + 300% crit damage >>>>>> Daedalus 30% crit chance + 230% crit damage though. Never rely on RNG. Plus it's instant cast with insane cast range which you can use when in fog/smoke.

shira

http://www.espn.com/esports/story/_...niuses-alliance-leave-parent-company-goodgame

Esports teams Evil Geniuses and Alliance will become independent, player-owned organizations as they depart parent company GoodGame, a subsidiary of Amazon-owned streaming platform Twitch, the company announced in a press release today.

Twitch claims that the departure comes due to the potential conflict of interests in the partnership between Twitch and both teams. The move will not dissolve business partnerships between the two teams and Twitch, but the brands and player contracts will now be managed by player-selected management.

Evil Geniuses have appointed former Dota 2 player and The International 5 champion Peter "ppd" Dager as its new CEO. Dager will oversee Evil Geniuses' operations across multiple esports games.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
PPD is now jwong's employer think about it.

Arol

I don't get it.

Who owns the brand? Player owned is all good and shit but in OG, NP, and Secret it's pretty obvious the brand belongs to Puppey/Fly/Notail/Envy.

Can the players just vote to kick out PPD if they don't like him? And how does it work across multiple game divisions.

That article didn't explain much, but we probably won't get much info anyways. Just sounds odd to me.

PPD Playing the longest of cons.

Always knew he preferred late game.

Can the players just vote to kick out PPD if they don't like him? And how does it work across multiple game divisions.

That article didn't explain much, but we probably won't get much info anyways. Just sounds odd to me.

What I'm assuming happened:

- Someone asked "hey if Twitch owns an eSports team, isn't that a conflict of interest? Can't they rig things to make for better viewing numbers? Can't they push "their" players to the top of the stream directory?"

- Oh shit, PPD is managing the Dota 2 team anyways and they're EG's biggest money makers so make him the CEO of EG, someone suggests.

- PPD approves because he's PPD and it's not like Kbrad or Jwong really have business sense and they probably want to focus on playing more than managing.

- PPD now oversees more than just Dota but nothing really changes unless he wants it to. If he fucks up then yeah investors or the players may decide to kick him and replace him.

God forbid Bulldog ends up managing Alliance though. They'll probably bring someone in.

AC attack speed nerfed, hurts the bear,

Unless I'm misunderstanding the change, isn't the attack speed effectively the same for the AC carrier? To me it looked like the change was an overall buff, to make the aura slightly stronger while keeping the carrier's attack speed intact.

Twookie

Unless I'm misunderstanding the change, isn't the attack speed effectively the same for the AC carrier? To me it looked like the change was an overall buff, to make the aura slightly stronger while keeping the carrier's attack speed intact.

you're not misunderstanding, it's the same for carrier but better for allies.

inkls

you're not misunderstanding, it's the same for carrier but better for allies.

you might be correct. I forgot you were affected by its aura as well. My bad on that point

Assault Cuirass:

Self attack speed reduced from 35 to 30
Aura attack speed increased from 20 to 25

Wok

you might be correct. I forgot you were affected by its aura as well. My bad on that point

I did the same mistake.

but AM blocks and reflects the duel so LC will fight him but he will not be locked in duel.

Honestly, the more I think about AM aghs the more I see it being a core item.

Except that AM is dumpstered by the nerf to jungle respawn time.

JoeInky

Is the patch live on the main client yet?

I spent my only game in the test client yesterday thinking that the talents were bugged because I couldn't select one but it was just because I didn't realise you spent one of your levels on it not that you just get to choose one when you hit level 10.

shira

I spent my only game in the test client yesterday thinking that the talents were bugged because I couldn't select one but it was just because I didn't realise you spent one of your levels on it not that you just get to choose one when you hit level 10.

Soon™

What? Being someone who hasnt tried the test client, I don't understand this.

You either choose to level up or get the talent?

Top Bottom