• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

Acinixys

lol Monkey King is so dumb

Just lost a game because their King would ult over our rax, making it impossible to defend

That shit lasts for like 15 seconds

FatBaby

Posted in the other thread but I guess I might as well ask it here too:

Pardon if this has been asked already, but what the hell happened to All Random? My preferred game type of choice and I'm getting queue times of upwards of 30 minutes before I give up. Is the match making broken or is just no one playing it anymore?

Hell, there isn't even any game data for the past 24 hours on Dotabuff:
https://www.dotabuff.com/matches?game_mode=all_random

Has really no one played a single game of All Random in 24 hours? I really want to play again. Is anyone else running into this? :(

Posted in the other thread but I guess I might as well ask it here too:

Pardon if this has been asked already, but what the hell happened to All Random? My preferred game type of choice and I'm getting queue times of upwards of 30 minutes before I give up. Is the match making broken or is just no one playing it anymore?

Hell, there isn't even any game data for the past 24 hours on Dotabuff:
https://www.dotabuff.com/matches?game_mode=all_random

Has really no one played a single game of All Random in 24 hours? I really want to play again. Is anyone else running into this? :(

maybe because of the new patch, everyone wants to try a specific hero or their favorite heroes

FatBaby

maybe because of the new patch, everyone wants to try a specific hero or their favorite heroes

I mean yeah, I guess, but zero games? Hell, even single draft is filled with games. Either Dotabuff is running into problems, or something is busted on Valve's end.

I just find it hard to believe that there aren't at least 10 other people that didn't want to get a game of All Random in in the past 24 hours... hell, this would have been before the patch too. I guess stranger things have happened though.

docbon

dUC5mAs.png

1100+ crits on a lich? what new terror has mankind wrought?

Gaaraz

Hey guys,

I need to get my boss something for Christmas and have no idea what to get, will a new Battle Pass be available before then?

Thanks

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
yes

i only had time to play one game but the new ui definitely confused me, some of the changes seem much worse. like selecting other heroes and the box appearing on the left, and i dont like how the statuses appear (when tango is used, etc).

You can change that back. The selecting a player that is

Gaaraz

LICH:
Frost Armor can now target invulnerable structures.
Level 10: +125 Health OR +15 Movement Speed
Level 15: +100 Cast Range OR +5 All Stats
Level 20: +150 Damage OR +120 Gold/Min
Level 25: +25 Frost Armor Structure Armor OR Attacks Apply 30% MS and AS slow
Am I missing something? What makes Lich such a good carry now? The level 20 +150 damage buff is pretty crazy I guess, like half a rapier. But I imagine it's difficult to carry until you get there.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Hey guys,

I need to get my boss something for Christmas and have no idea what to get, will a new Battle Pass be available before then?

Thanks

Nope. Get him or her the Monkey King arcana.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
New lycan is very strong. I feel like you can just skip vlads now (because of feral impulse regen) and go straight treads --> necro1 --> echo saber --> necro3 --> BKB/armlet (depending on what u need) --> w/e. He's so strong that u can even just skip necrobook and go straight armlet, echo, bkb/heart for a fight oriented build.

Talents: damage --> 12 str --> 15% evasion --> shapeshift (wolves if you're stomping for the LULS or if ur losing and just relegated to being a rat).

He's probably going to get a few small nerfs, howl should probably just give 60/90/120/150 HP (if not less). Alternatively some of the talents could go down -- 10 str (down from 12), 15 damage (down from 20), shapeshift 12s (down from 15s).

He was already good with a hero like beastmaster last patch, but this patch he's extremely powerful with BM/chen cause you want an aura bot that will get vlads/hotd for your deathball. I feel like you don't want to waste gold or slots on these items on this new lycan, so it's perfect if someone on your team can get them for you and your team for the deathball.

The feral impulse regen changes up the laning skill build imo, and you should go for something like 2-3-3-1-3/1-3/1. This change gives lycan some renewed vigor in the midlane, makes him nearly impossible to aggro on in the safe lane, and also brings back offlane lycan from way back when. it's pretty godlike.

do you think the improved buffs at night are significant? because i thought it was fukken awesome that u might wait until the lycan onslaught at night. or is it more like a nice bonus?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Jesus, watching bulldog play Sylla and the HUD size changes when he switches between the hero and the bear... The entire middle bottom part shrinks down because the bear only has 2 abilities at level 1... This seems awful.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Jesus, watching bulldog play Sylla and the HUD size changes when he switches between the hero and the bear... The entire middle bottom part shrinks down because the bear only has 2 abilities at level 1... This seems awful.

yeah i mentioned this a couple of pages ago, i don't think the UI should change size like that

really? eww.

edit: that's fucking awful. BUT this does tell us it can be fairly easily changed, should they decide to revise some of the layout features.

Gaaraz

Nope. Get him or her the Monkey King arcana.
Damn it. Seems like a missed opportunity by Valve since it'd be a great Christmas present.

Good suggestion, thank you, but I don't think he'd want a Monkey King arcana. Is there a way I can just top up his Steam wallet or something?

shira

Damn it. Seems like a missed opportunity by Valve since it'd be a great Christmas present.

Good suggestion, thank you, but I don't think he'd want a Monkey King arcana. Is there a way I can just top up his Steam wallet or something?

Not directly. You can buy a Steam code for X dollars or a physical gift card.

I mean if you were logged into his PC/Steam account you could do it

LiQuid!

yeah i mentioned this a couple of pages ago, i don't think the UI should change size like that

It changes when you switch between your hero and the courier, which I somehow didn't notice in any of my games, but seeing it now as a spectator is irritating me to no end. I'm liking the new UI, but it definitely needs some customization options. Like please let me put the kill feed back on the left. I can't figure out why they switched it. Imagine if they pulled a League and put the mini map on the right for some arbitrary reason... It makes no sense some of these changes.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
do you think the improved buffs at night are significant? because i thought it was fukken awesome that u might wait until the lycan onslaught at night. or is it more like a nice bonus?

Yes they are very significant, he's very much like a reverse KOTL now (I wouldn't say NS because NS is dependent on night, lycan is just given an edge) where you generally want to time your pushes for night, as well as do rosh. Giving your entire team a total of 250+ damage (excluding summons entirely) and 2000 HP for 13s is pretty significant, especially in the mid-game.

I don't think you HAVE to wait for night, but unless you're absolutely stomping, it's much more strategic to farm up during the day and then force fights and take objectives at night. To answer simply, it's much more of a nice bonus than a must wait, but it is definitely an onslaught lol. 400 fukn HP is no joke, 400 hp to everyone? Wew lad. Can you imagine a team of lycan/bm + 1 or 2 other summons based heroes sieging ~20 minutes into the game with +200 HP necros/wolves/boars/etc... and heroes with probably a 40% increase at that stage? Yeh.

While the game in general feels like it's tilting towards late game right now, deathball is definitely back and extremely powerful if you pick a line up for it. Also in the past a push/deathball lineup was on a ticking timer, once you took all the outer towers, the fuck do you do? You can't farm infinitely because chances are the enemy has better cores or lategame and you gotta take those t3's. With the addition of talents and the changes to the jungle + shrines, a deathball lineup that just cuts off the map early and then gains a massive XP lead can actually delay for mid/late-game.

That lineup that was desperate to take t3's at 15 minutes in past patches can just sit firmly in control of the map and hit up those extremely powerful level 20/25 talents before forcing the issue highground, while the enemy lineup is stuck at 10/15 talents. The upcoming competitive games will be very interesting despite lycan being out of CM. Very curious to see how this meta develops and if it will be similar to the 6.84 snowball meta, but with matches trending a bit longer than that particular era.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Yes they are very significant, he's very much like a reverse KOTL now (I wouldn't say NS because NS is dependent on night, lycan is just given an edge) where you generally want to time your pushes for night, as well as do rosh. Giving your entire team a total of 250+ damage (excluding summons entirely) and 2000 HP for 13s is pretty significant, especially in the mid-game.

I don't think you HAVE to wait for night, but unless your absolutely stomping, it's much more strategic to farm up during the day and then force fights and take objectives at night.
🙏 I'm sure I'm going to seethe at the Lycan onslaught but this is actually sf sweet.

Maybe I'll try him now 👀

JoeInky

How long will it be until pubs stop trying to contest the river runes that aren't there anymore at 00:00?

We talking weeks or months here?

So this update seems cool. Good time for a beginner to join in? My favorite hero right now is Lich King. What's your biggest tip for a beginner?

Wok

I read that as IceFrog not being the same guy as before.

vSwb7vI.png

Someone took his place... I think...

Edit: I'm dumb.

5d8Oqyh.png

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Guys, why did I have to get super sick right when 7.00 came out?

I'm hoping I feel good enough to play when I get home, I'm at least well enough to go to work today.

Airan

How long will it be until pubs stop trying to contest the river runes that aren't there anymore at 00:00?

We talking weeks or months here?

Oh man first game I tried in the test server I instinctively walked to the steps overseeing the top rune. I realized my mistake about 10 seconds later :D

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
the entry barrier of this game just became even more insane

Actually I feel the opposite. It feels easier to gain levels and gold thus "have fun" by getting reliable power spikes even if you're not doing all that well.

In that sense it's way friendlier to play. As for the amount of new info, I think dota 2 was already before talents at the point where it didn't really matter. To a new person who has no concept of what he actually needs to know, that he has to learn a few more things I don't think matters. What matters to them is the experience getting there.

Which like I said I think is way friendlier.

Shorter respawn time for playmakers.

Shorter respawn time for just about everyone who can take it, right? I'm sure it depends ultimately on the hero and what talent it's competing with but who wouldn't enjoy (usually) being dead for at least 20 seconds less.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Also for Lich, while the level 25 talent to add a slow on his auto attacks is cool, +25 Armor on towers is pretty insane.

Anno

Is anyone playing support buyimg a Helm of Dom now? It definitely seems like a supportish item. Drums made the full conversion, too, so one support could carry those two auras plus a creep aura for not a ton of gold? Dunno if it's good but could help a big group and push lineup.

JoeInky

Does anyone actually prefer the new map to the old one? I know it's too new to have a massive preference for it and the old one has been around for a while so people are more used to it, but has anyone thought "yeah this is so much better"?

I'm not saying the new one is bad, just wondering if anyone thinks the new one is so great that it's completely surpassed their comfortability with the old one.

I'm still having a bit of trouble figuring out what I should be doing (or more accurately, when I should be doing certain things) as a support due to all the map changes, camp spawn changes and the bounty runes in the jungle. I think I've only pulled once in 6 games.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I just played a match as support and I literally got lost on the map... I thought I was running to the SS from radiant jungle but then I was at my own T2 felt so weird.
laugh.gif

I quite like it though quite hard to find junglers though. But that might be because I am still trying to get used to it.

Top Bottom