• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

7.0 killed my framerate. Can't get over 90 anymore during mid-game with a 970. Used to be 120 locked. meh. Makes the gameplay a lot less fluid.

t0rment

I dont think its that bad

Most of the talents are fairly simple.

More money
More damage
More resistance

well, if you reduce everything to its simpler characteristics, dota 2 is also a fairly simple game as well.

i'm just saying that the knowledge required to be ''competent'' at the game just grew exponentially. a new player now ''need'' to know 400+ skills and the interactions of those skills with other heroes and items plus 800+ talents and the interaction of those talents with other heroes and items.

but i guess most of dota players doesn't even know a large percentage of the skills in the game, so this wont change much, people will just stay ignorant and feed like always.

shira

This new HUD is awful.

JJcujWc.jpg

I generally like the update. The more open UI is nice, and the hero seems fun. The clicked other target pop-up is a stroke of genius! Being able to change options without leaving the map is great too. The changes to pre-game are awesome as well, I especially like being able to buy items before going to the map.

They really need to fix the attribute thing. Having each attribute and what it increases and how much is probably even more important with the Talent stuff. A talent level up hotkey would be nice as well.

Oh, also they said the old hud skins would work fine, but the ones I have cover up the edges of the minimap. I noticed at the Radiant top and bottom barracks.

I also noticed the bots seem to be pretty broken, with the offlane remaining empty as some of the bots on either side just chill in the jungle.Then as the game went later, the bots on my team didn't really push or defend, staying in the high ground and jungle despite having tier 2s. Not sure if that's going to be fixed or if they're gonna basically crowdsource that with the programmable bot stuff.

Acinixys

I really dislike the new Rosh placement. It seems so arbitrary

At least on the original map, and when they moved him away from the dire mid lane, his pit still felt like a natural extension of the map

Now its just a massive turd in the middle of the river.

They would have been better off stealing more ideas from HotS and just putting him under the river, like the underground portion of the Haunted Mines

Quesa

I know MK is like the most broken thing, but special shoutouts to Treant for being a pain in the ass to deal with now. Ganks lanes better than Bounty once he hits level 2.

all the games I was spectating (and played) were really long

not my cuppa tea

also new necro is eh, the bb prevention would have won my cancerous game last night

New UI is worse than old one.

If you want to be minimalist, be minimalist. But don't remove useful information that I need to glance at. And why the needless rearranging?

Sibylus

Banned
I'm enjoying Legends of the Dota Storm immensely.

I'm loving the talent tree, it further strengthens the ability of heroes to play as either core or support flexibly, and is just plain more interesting than skilling stat attributes. Big coup as mechanical depth and bang for buck goes.

Haven't played MK yet but I love heroes who interact with map elements (trees and items in this case), and he looks hilarious and novel. If they stripped either of those things from him I'd be really bummed out.

I'm loving the new map, how active it seems to the old one, and how much you benefit if you're active roaming. MK terrain is stunning. Worth the purch.

I'm loving the new HUD also (even with having to relearn how to use it). Scan/Fortify parity is overdue (I actually remember it's there now) and has space for additional team skills, I like the minimalism, I like that it tucks away info I don't need constantly, I like how the level and talent tree are combined into one space, I like it being hooked up to more game states, and I like the sleek sliding in and out as needed for (much more adaptable).

Also nu-techies seems entertaining, I'm glad Fraud & Co. also realized that keeping parts of the the game more lighthearted works for more popular and better MOBAs. The mah serious lore people can take a seat all the way in the back.

I don't mind the 4x4 pixel items in the shop interface that much but I wish there were an easy way to hotkey buying certain items.

League of Legends

power

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Does anyone actually prefer the new map to the old one? I know it's too new to have a massive preference for it and the old one has been around for a while so people are more used to it, but has anyone thought "yeah this is so much better"?

I'm not saying the new one is bad, just wondering if anyone thinks the new one is so great that it's completely surpassed their comfortability with the old one.

I'm still having a bit of trouble figuring out what I should be doing (or more accurately, when I should be doing certain things) as a support due to all the map changes, camp spawn changes and the bounty runes in the jungle. I think I've only pulled once in 6 games.

Way too early to form a concrete opinion, but after 4 games yesterday, so far I really really like the new map. There's all kinds of new high ground in the jungles that will take a lot of getting used to but seem like they could be super advantageous in spotting ganks. A lot of the creep camps seem to be easier to kill, where they have to path a certain way to hit you but you still have access to hit them. The addition of bounty runes and boosted exp books makes leveling supports so much less painful than it was previously.

As someone who played a lot of support before, I feel like it's going to be a crazy adjustment to figure out how to support in this jungle. Stack timings, rotation timings, where to ward, it all feels completely foreign to me. Exciting stuff. Haven't been this excited to play Dota since 2013.

Acinixys

Another huge issue im having is that your heroes recommended items no longer appear next to the shop

They appear in the shop, and if you want to see whats in the shop you have to change tabs

G.ZZZ

At this point i wouldn't be surprised if we got the max level rescaled to 20 and the talents to start from 5, so that we get no "dead" levels like we do now (19-21-22-23-24). They can rescale the needed exp so that you still need the same exp to get to 20 than you do to get to 25 now but have skilling decisions more important than they are now. Also talents at 10 feels a bit a late for supports imho, but maybe they're not. We'll see i guess.

Tried to play 1 game with all minimal settings, everything looked like a big blur and had 15 fps, but still won and my pc overheated anyway. Time to open up this shit soon i guess.

Twookie

you cannot see team names or team emblems when speccing pro games in this patch

this dotapit stream is going swell aswell. proplayers and casters crashing mid fight xd

Chris R

I only observed games last night, but my FPS was in the 90s instead of where it was pre 7.00 (~120+)

UI being heavily based on html/css/js makes me wonder how easy it will be to have custom HUDs working in game shortly? If it's easy enough to enable, I know I'll work on mine to customize it how I'd prefer to see it.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I just realized all 4 of the games I played yesterday I did not use my backpack once. So many new habits to develop.

I just realized all 4 of the games I played yesterday I did not use my backpack once. So many new habits to develop.

I still forget scan is a thing.

Also everyone saying this update is like League has no clue what they're talking about.

In League you really just need to remember:

-Jungler rotation (where they started dictates where they'll be in a few minutes)
-Ward placement (typically in the bush so you can deward, but guess which one it was)
-Dragon timing (if you even care to take it, they tell you if it's one worth going for anyways)
-Itemization on enemy heroes (updates when you're in vision of them, no need to click)
-Who has their flash / etc. on cooldown

And then the rest is not dying more than the other guys and CS.

Heck, I tried explaining creep equilibrium, pulls, stacks, and denying to my LoL playing friends and it blew their minds.

Dota has so many intricacies and I love it. Always something to improve or work on.

Kard8p3

I think Riki is going to be pretty fuckin good this patch tbh. There's so much free money/xp with there being so many runes. I'm liking his aghs, but idk how useful it really is, though I guess it gives him a nice stat increase. I haven't managed to have a game last long enough for me to get his lvl 25 talent, but I really think a 7 sec cd smoke with a 6 sec duration, plus a +250 cast range if you take that talent at lvl 20 is nothing to sneeze at, both because of the silence and the 70% miss chance.

LiQuid!

Is there an indicator on the spectator HUD that shows each team's wins in a BO3/5etc? I don't see one in this Dotapit game.

LiQuid!

Merlini isn't even a good caster, maybe it's time to retire.

Skinpop

i really dislike the new map. feels like I'm playing a custom map or another game. thought I'd warm up to it but I'm disliking it more and more for every game I play.

like talents though.

kagete

Update text such as kills should really be on the left. The right-justified text just doesn't work and is hard to read. Also text having overly thick drop shadow makes me twitch when the UI is so minimal in other aspects.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
While I like the sleek aspect of the new UI; I have to agree with some of the people experiencing dizziness/headaches -- I feel like the new UI is just too small and I'm having to strain to look at things. Hope they allow the current iteration to be the minimum size and then scale up from there.

I do wish there was also a selection to display KDA/LH permanently, I hate pressing alt every minute to see my last hits and the like.

cheezcake

Yeh I like or at least can see the merit of all changes in this patch except the in-game interface. It feels more difficult to get at a glance information.

Top Bottom