• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Didn't know Rouge One had massive re-writes and re-shoots

#notsurethiswillbegood

Maybe it's also eyestrain because you have to look at the tiny hp/mana bar

How the fuck are you supposed to keep scanning the entire screen

The kill feed being on the right is the single biggest issue I have with this UI. I think they put it there to stop it from conflicting with spectator stat boxes maybe? But in that case, move the fucking spectator boxes to the right. Why fuck with actual gameplay relevant stuff for no reason?

docbon

Is the % spell amplification only meant to work for damage abilities? Asking because it doesn't boost the healing from Chen's hand of god ability.

Quesa

Re: eye movements: I would suggest swapping your minimap. You're not going to get a better incentive to retrain yourself on it for a long time and I think it does help. I did it on a whim starting with this patch and I'm enjoying it a lot.

JoeInky

They should add back the ability to level up attributes again imo, just something like +1 or 2 to each stat which you can do 4 times, so there's no longer times where you're levelling up and just getting nothing for it.

Either that or move the talent trees down 5 levels and rescale the level progression slightly with max being 20.

It just feels weird later in the game when you level up and get nothing for it other than your attribute growth.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
In case anybody was on the edge of their seat, I have an important update on the status of my League of Legends account! Turns out it was, in fact, COMPROMISED! It was accessed by a nefarious third party! I dunno what they did to get me banned, and doubt I'll ever find out unfortunately, but at least I've cleared my besmirched name, and (I think) regained access to the account.

The email/address that I signed up for the account was the same one I used for a throwaway Steam account that kept getting login attempts from around the globe for years until I realized what was happening and changed its password. So I assume that information is just on some global list of email/passwords that got mined during a hack years ago. Fortunately I don't think I have it linked to anything actually important, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility that I get more suspicious emails from f2p games I signed up for years ago and don't play anymore.

quick edit: I checked my match history on the account and it doesn't appear any matches were found. I imagine whoever got into it just tried to perpetrate some kind of fraudulent activity related to purchases and was likely foiled by Riot, hence the ban. My best guess anyways.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
7.0 killed my framerate. Can't get over 90 anymore during mid-game with a 970. Used to be 120 locked. meh. Makes the gameplay a lot less fluid.

I've got a massive performance drop as well, really disappointing and hurting my experience. Adding this to the screen shake you can't disable when you get stunned, kill and creep score being removed from easy visibility, and other small things like opening the shop at the side shop doesn't automatically open the side shop menu, you need to switch to it, I have a lot of complaints about the UI. Also the unnecessary tilt of the map when you are selecting heroes and positions, why?

The hero and item changes are amazing though. Played qop last night and she feels so much better, a more fluid experience from different stages of the game.

G.ZZZ

They should add back the ability to level up attributes again imo, just something like +1 or 2 to each stat which you can do 4 times, so there's no longer times where you're levelling up and just getting nothing for it.

Either that or move the talent trees down 5 levels and rescale the level progression slightly with max being 20.

It just feels weird later in the game when you level up and get nothing for it other than your attribute growth.

Agree. The max being 20 would work better me thinks, except for invoker that would need to be rescaled from 7 to 5 max reagent.

Attribute shouldn't come back. They flatten the stats/hp growth of heroes. Having personalized talents work much better imho.

docbon

IYJAE1y.png

Get that clutch 5 man astral spirit and live out your one punch man dreams.

shira

https://www.monsterenergy.com/evil-genius/the-rise-of-an-evil-genius

Will you still be active in the day to day decisions of Dota team?
PPD said:
I’m totally hands off with the Dota team. I was a leader, first and foremost, for the Dota team. We didn’t always get along necessarily, but that’s life. You know with UNiVeRsE leaving, Arteezy leaving twice, Zai leaving, and now Arteezy coming back. Yeah, it’s kind of obvious Artour and I don’t get along too well. We still have good results, but people want to be champions, and we kind of fell short because of that.

I cant play dota cause i am traveling, i need to switch the mini map to the right side and call it a day. It fixes me miss clicking the dire well when i am trying to run away. I need a new monitor i perfer the monitor be taller then wider. I wished 16:10 was still a thing.

kionedrik

PL is kinda ridiculous with there new buff to phantom rush but the nerf to diffuse hurts him big time

Illusions giving gold and xp is also a pretty big deal for him. He feels like a bottom 10 hero now honestly.
At least SK doesn't one-shot him now.

fr0st

Banned
Illusions giving gold and xp is also a pretty big deal for him. He feels like a bottom 10 hero now honestly.
At least SK doesn't one-shot him now.
His illusions don't last that long anyways and you only get 5 gold/XP per illusion.

The biggest change that affected him was the illusion nerf to buildings.

All these threads on Reddit whining about the new HUD are winding me up. Have they never heard of having to adapt?

.ɘɿuƧ ?ƚqɒbA

His illusions don't last that long anyways and you only get 5 gold/XP per illusion.

The biggest change that affected him was the illusion nerf to buildings.

Pushing is still ok since now his illusions also get bonus attack speed.

Quesa

So I just had a game where no one supported me in lane (I kept asking for help, moved to their lanes and they moved away) ask MK. I was up vs a Jakiro Timber lane and couldn't really get much farm early on. What can I do at this point? I know the answer if "farm neutrals when you can" but with he's not super-resilient against them and they were looking for me there. I know there's no sympathy for this char right now, but I think suggestions would apply to most carries as well.

Hylian7

So I just had a game where no one supported me in lane (I kept asking for help, moved to their lanes and they moved away) ask MK. I was up vs a Jakiro Timber lane and couldn't really get much farm early on. What can I do at this point? I know the answer if "farm neutrals when you can" but with he's not super-resilient against them and they were looking for me there. I know there's no sympathy for this char right now, but I think suggestions would apply to most carries as well.

Stack where you can, pull the small in your own lane. If you can afford to get your own ward or get someone to give you one, put it out in lane in front of their tower where the offlane would pull that camp. When you catch them trying to do that, you can maybe try to disrupt the pull with your Boundless Strike, or just go interrupt it and Tree Dance away before they can touch you. The latter would probably work on most heroes that aren't Timbersaw. I haven't played MK yet though, so don't take my advice if it simply isn't practical. In theory it sounds practical.

Above all just don't die, and encourage the other lanes to get something done because they have committed those two to you and your supports left you hanging. They should be crushing the enemy safelane or ganking mid. If the two guys in the offlane bullying you rotate when your teammates pressure, then there you go, enjoy your farm.

LiQuid!

So glad they put the event log back on the left side. I'm really not sure what they were thinking. How did it take 24 hours in the wild for them to realize what should have been common sense the entire time they were testing the update?

Hylian7

So glad they put the event log back on the left side. I'm really not sure what they were thinking. How did it take 24 hours in the wild for them to realize what should have been common sense the entire time they were testing the update?

They gave back ability level up hotkeys in a good form. I'm happy about that.

Still haven't given back my shop hotkeys though. Volvo pls.
rage.gif

I'm gonna say Mjolnir/MoM is probably not the build too. I hope someone tries it again. Seems super dumb and fun.

That's actually the first thing I would have tried too. When you have lots of damage don't you want attack speed? Crits are an alternative too I guess...

G.ZZZ

Mom is insane on high armor heroes tho'. Instead of 30% extra damage just -5 armor is really good, and it give you +15 damage on top of it for good measure too.

Top Bottom