• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
hotd also provides 10 attack speed and the aura does also provide 10 attack speed tsk tsk
clock-eyebrow.gif

Oh the shame
dac15_sad.gif

pompidu

Anyone else have that mini map bug? Couldn't figure wtf was going on until I read that reddit thread. Hopefully that shit gets fixed asap.

Twookie

Anyone else have that mini map bug? Couldn't figure wtf was going on until I read that reddit thread. Hopefully that shit gets fixed asap.

is the mini map bug where if you click close to the border even though you aren't clicking on the map you move up towards the dire fountain?

because holy shit that happens a lot to me

I haven't played in 6 months. And I just feel completely lost. Overwhelmed by all the changes. It's funny hearing people talk about new people coming to the game. I've got a couple thousand hours and I can't even get back into this game. I have no sense of how the game is going. People are disconnecting more frequently and I'm having technical issues that I never had before.

I think they might have changed too much all at once. And I think I might be done with the game.

Acinixys

I haven't played in 6 months. And I just feel completely lost. Overwhelmed by all the changes. It's funny hearing people talk about new people coming to the game. I've got a couple thousand hours and I can't even get back into this game. I have no sense of how the game is going. People are disconnecting more frequently and I'm having technical issues that I never had before.

I think they might have changed too much all at once. And I think I might be done with the game.

Wait a month and came back

Hopefully by then MK is nerfed and the UI and bugs are all fixed

BearPawB

Banned

I have a similar amount of time gone, and have found the opposite to be true.
I think the changes are all logical/easy to meld with my mind.

But I did have two game crashes, that resulted in sending me to low priority. Won my way out of it thankfully\

Wait a month and came back

Hopefully by then MK is nerfed and the UI and bugs are all fixed

I haven't seen a monkey king do much of anything in any of the games i've played

pompidu

is the mini map bug where if you click close to the border even though you aren't clicking on the map you move up towards the dire fountain?

because holy shit that happens a lot to me

Yes that is exactly it. Kept wondering why I was wandering towards the dire instead of my radiant base. Kept walking away from team fights instead of into them. It was driving me nuts.

Jezbollah

I think you chose a very poor time to come back into the game tbh - the biggest changes in the game for years - everyone is going through a huge amount of change. People will disconnect, people will have technical issues.

Come to think about it, the last few patches were fantastic, and if you had to take time away from the game when it was at its most competitive and arguably most balanced, then maybe you were done with the game six months ago?

Randdalf

I haven't seen a monkey king do much of anything in any of the games i've played

People are playing him wrong then because I feel like this hero is completely broken in the right hands. My friend is 4-0, and I'm 2-0 on him. Neither of us got less than 19 kills in any of the games we've played. Maybe it's just a 3k scrub thing, or people adjusting to the new patch, or there hasn't been a good counter found yet, but he's been unstoppable in every game I've played with him on our team. I got a rampage on him today and I never get rampages.

D - Q - D is enough to completely win your lane if you've got a lane support with any kind of decent disable. He's really good as a mid hero too. Hit them 4 times and you've got a guaranteed kill on most heroes. Max out D, then max W. Get Phase, Aquila, Echo, Basher, BKB. Maybe an Orb or Blight Stone early on if you feel like it. Initiate with W and use R, then just start hitting people in team fights. The most important thing is to always get the 4 hits then use your Q for maximum damage. The lifesteal on the passive can get you out of so many sticky situations.

After watching the major, I realised that I still have an appetite for something as deep as Dota. I just think the game is communicating clearly to me like it used to. I remember years ago people would say.. if you stopped playing Counter Strike you'd get rusty. But this goes beyond that. I just felt like I was drowning and didn't know which way to swim. Monkey King being on the enemy team did contribute to that, he was stomping.

Even comfort zone heroes like Lich went badly for me. Maybe a bit of time will help. I might give the Vulkan client a go and see if that fixes the micro stutter.

Nere

The viper final talent which makes poisons deal damage to buildings too is soooo useless. By the time you get to 25 level 28 extra damage per sec on buildings barely makes a difference.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
After going on a huge winning streak lost 5 matches in a row tonight.

Pretty sure my friends are pissed because I just started to feed near the end
blush.gif

RS4-

Won 4 in a row. Two sub-40 min games...and two 80 min games.

Feels bad, had aghs Weaver and I forgot that I had to double tap to use timelapse, two deaths :(

Did kill 5 couriers that game though.

KingKong

I've gotten used to the game UI but I have no idea wtf they've done to the hero loadout. It was so nice and easy before but now its like its been designed to be frustrating to use

shira

Level 25 Centaur with heart and blademail.
How do you beat that?

Supports who don't deal direct damage (Winter Wyvern)
Cores with Satanic?
Rat split push?
Shadow Demon/Morphling to get your own Return Aura?

Hylian7

I'm surprised Monkey King isn't higher, but give it time and he will be. Hero's broken as all hell.

I lost my first game as him due to lack of experience with the hero vs humans and other issues in the game in general, but he's still OP af.

Hylian7

They should just implement something like Arma 3 has: let you drag anything on the HUD anywhere around the screen. You can stick with the default or make your own arrangements.

Chris R

Yo, yall werent lying about Visage

Need to get used to the UI, still seems kinda buggy though? It took me like 30 seconds to sell a stick

Wok

I'm surprised Monkey King isn't higher, but give it time and he will be. Hero's broken as all hell.

I lost my first game as him due to lack of experience with the hero vs humans and other issues in the game in general, but he's still OP af.

Yeah, close to impossible to counter escapes at close to free mana cost, incredible flying vision, huge damage in 1 vs 1 early game, good health and mana pool, incredible aoe and spell duration, attack modifiers on his spell illusions, etc.

Nymerio

I haven't enjoyed Dota this much in a long time. The new UI is great apart from a few annoying things (no scale setting...). Lost both games I played yesterday but still had a ton of fun.

elyetis

It's pretty likely that those winrate will change heavily during the next couple weeks no ?
It's maybe because I'm playing unranked but it feel like people are playing very badly since 7.00 release. Heck I'm part of the problem too since I did do some pretty bad dual lane just for the sake of trying a hero or a new item build.

edit :
quick tought on 7.00
Monkey King feel hella broken
Techies isn't as bad as I tought, and happen to be pretty good against MK since you can trap trees, -60 sec respawn time is huge, with a newly bought bloodstone I had like 10 seconds respawn time. ( cf : https://www.opendota.com/matches/2846563849 )
Undying has a very nice skill tree imho
Agh Riki is fun ( but I'm very bad at playing roaming Riki )

Gaaraz

Had one of my best games ever yesterday as support WD, and it wasn't scored because there was a mass disconnection just as we took down their last barracks :(

Can anyone please explain why it's so common to get Heartstopper Aura as the first ability for Necrophos? It doesn't even seem to do anything very early game.

Wok

Getting the old time walk range on FV at level 25 feels so good.

Also, +25 agility on level 25 AM is huge. The hero is a monster.

elyetis

Can anyone please explain why it's so common to get Heartstopper Aura as the first ability for Necrophos? It doesn't even seem to do anything very early game.
It delay Death Pulse, but at level 1 aura is still usually a better harass while not pushing the lane too much like spamming Death Pulse would ( and without the mana cost ).
Now that Death Pulse also bring Sadist old effect, it might not stay true thought, you would still be weaker at level 1 but it mean a quicker max Death Pulse + Ghost Shroud. ( while probably rushing a Mekansm now that it's even stronger on him )

Top Bottom