• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

Saprol

how do i dota. i bought a solar crest when we had 2 because what's checking team items. at least this 4 stack seemed to be operating fine anyway

so whos water dumple
spectre-what.gif

Gaaraz

It delay Death Pulse, but at level 1 aura is still usually a better harass while not pushing the lane too much like spamming Death Pulse would ( and without the mana cost ).

Now that Death Pulse also bring Sadist old effect, it might not stay true thought, you would still be weaker at level 1 but it mean a quicker max Death Pulse + Ghost Shroud. ( while probably rushing a Mekansm now that it's even stronger on him )
Great shout, thank you! I mostly used to play as Necrophos support so I'm really keen to try him now with his new magical healing powers :) Ghost Shroud plus Mek and Death Pulse should be amazing in team fights.

NBtoaster

OG.ana was dual queuing on aus and stole my hard earned solo mmr. Luckily I got matched on his team the game after and got it back.

shira

Rofl playing with the soon-to-be-kicked Major Winner-when-they-choke-at-TI

What is your MMR to be placed with people like that? :O

You can be high 5k to play on Arteezy's smurf so I don't think it's that hard on AUS server. There's only a few thousand Aussie's

Skinpop

nice to see cs and kda added back in. don't like the placement of it.

the biggest issue I still have is the circular status/buff icons. it looks bad, and it's infinitely more useful to just have time remaining in numbers rather than a decreasing circle.

Hylian7

feels like supporting is dead this patch
I'd argue it's more alive than ever. In general supports got a significant power boost in most cases with talents. Other things that really help, big and small:

- Salve and Clarity no longer cancel on creep damage: this is huge because it helps so much with early game time management. Under a clarity, you aren't forced to walk around aimlessly if you don't have any wards to place. You can now pull without losing your clarity and even bully some melee heroes with shorter cast ranges than you. I would argue now supports probably want Clarity over mango, where previously I would say the opposite.

- Sanctuary: These give supports more staying power on the map and less trips back to fountain. Getting a good heal from one, including others such as your mid or offlane can go a long way.

- casual HotD becoming more of a support item: you can grab a creep and get abilities your hero doesn't usually have, such as Centaur stomp, troll net, etc. Hell you can even grab that little troll healer with the mana aura.

Gaaraz

Pardon my ignorance, but how is HotD more of a support item now? Mostly by removing the mana cost for using it?

Have to be honest, and I'm super low MMR probably for reasons like this, but I always bought it before mostly for the lifesteal and as a path to Satanic, it was so rare I actually used the control creeps ability.

Hylian7

Pardon my ignorance, but how is HotD more of a support item now? Mostly by removing the mana cost for using it?

Have to be honest, and I'm super low MMR probably for reasons like this, but I always bought it before mostly for the lifesteal and as a path to Satanic, it was so rare I actually used the control creeps ability.
No longer provides lifesteal, instead provides an attack speed and HP Regen aura. Supports can stack camps or use creeps utility with it.

For cores, without the lifesteal it is just more of a stepping stone for Satanic.

elyetis

No more life leech so it's not really for a carry anymore, HP regen aura which could allow you to go arcane boots over tranquils, 10 Attack Speed Aura which help the rest of your team. Then Dominate which is always a good way to get a net or a stomp ( if you have any micro skill, I know I don't ).

Gaaraz

For cores, without the lifesteal it is just more of a stepping stone for Satanic.
It doesn't build into Satanic any more either! Morbid Mask goes straight to Satanic (with a lot of gold for the recipe)

Thanks for the explanations though guys, sounds like it could be good as a support item - I'm probably going to avoid it myself for now since I was only just figuring out the concepts of stacking and pulling in the last patch, but throw having to micro (I can't do it either elyetis!) into the mix along with the entirely new jungles and I don't feel like I'd get any good use out of it :(

Hylian7

It doesn't build into Satanic any more either! Morbid Mask goes straight to Satanic (with a lot of gold for the recipe)

Thanks for the explanations though guys, sounds like it could be good as a support item - I'm probably going to avoid it myself for now since I was only just figuring out the concepts of stacking and pulling in the last patch, but throw having to micro (I can't do it either elyetis!) into the mix along with the entirely new jungles and I don't feel like I'd get any good use out of it :(
You're right, I forgot it doesn't build into Satanic.

In that case even more of a support item argument.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Between Vlad's, Drums and now Dominator, plus probably some other stuff I'm forgetting, I feel like as a support player there are way too many mid-tier, marginally useful aura items I could buy instead of like a force staff or an invis cape that provides way more functionality.

even doto isn't safe from star wars discussions, no more internet until Saturday then I guess :(

It took you 2 movies to realize this?

bbd23

AM Aghs is all types of fun

If the spell they are using on you has an aghs upgrade you get it as well xD. The storm had a bad time in my game.

bbd23

Isn't Storm aghs vortex a non-targetable spell? Ypu shouldn't be able to reflect that...

he didnt have a purchased aghs on him though. so when he targeted me it reflects back as the aoe one.

edit: I also just tested this and if storm has aghs and uses pull AM gets nothing

G.ZZZ

If i try to write in chat i lose like 30 fps (going to 5-10 fps) and 80% of the time it doesn't even input the message. Same happen if try to check scoreboard. Nice UI volvo.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If i try to write in chat i lose like 30 fps (going to 5-10 fps) and 80% of the time it doesn't even input the message. Same happen if try to check scoreboard. Nice UI volvo.

This is their anti-BM technology.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Love backpacks and talents. I like that there are now more runes in general. New UI is ok, not the biggest fan but I'll likely get over it. The ability to purchase at the pick stage is great. Not used to the map changes, but overall I like them. I think the Shrines should be put on cooldown at the start of the game.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
is there any useful advice for beating morphling? i really struggle with this guy. by useful i mean like, items or heroes rather than 'beat him in lane'.

Wok

is there any useful advice for beating morphling? i really struggle with this guy. by useful i mean like, items or heroes rather than 'beat him in lane'.

Burn all his mana or silence him, and burst him down before he can morph to strength, waveform or replicate away. Easier to say than to do.

Also, linkens is good vs shotgun morphling. Actually, Agha on AM could make him decent against Morphling, against all odds.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Glimmer capes, bkb, mana burn, silence.

Top Bottom