• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

shira

yo this game is dogshit right now

Patch is hot garbage, mostly because they spent all their time adding talents (lol) and didn't seem to do much actual skill balancing for a lot of heroes.

best dogshit garbage this world has ever seen

Thanks!

Also, can you no longer leave a game after someone dcs for five minutes? Is that recent?

You can in LPQ
facepalm.gif

Red UFO

On the plus side I've thrown my dignity out of the window and started picking omniknight every game and my mmr is skyrocketing

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Have any of the patches today fixed the bug where you can't click on the mini map? Game was unplayable this afternoon.

Acinixys

MK is so dumb. The fact that he gets lifesteal on his Jingu skill is bleh

Remove that, make his stun do 50/100/150/200% crit and make his ult AOE half its current size

Because honestly

G.ZZZ

Mk ain't even that good you dumbos, people just insist on fighting him 1v1 and die when he has an ursa like ability.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
i think his abilities just need to be rescaled -- he gets too much value for 1 point in tree dance and the first point of his passive. should be 50/100/150/200 (instead of 80/120/160/200) and tree dance 25/40/55/70% slow (instead of 40/50/60/70). He might not even need it, but his q could also scale CD wise 40/35/30/25 (instead of a flat 25).

i feel like he's a well balanced hero in the mid-game with all his skills maxed, but his skills shouldn't be insanely power at level 1 considering hes a fucking 300 range ursa

Hylian7

i think his abilities just need to be rescaled -- he gets too much value for 1 point in tree dance and the first point of his passive. should be 50/100/150/200 (instead of 80/120/160/200) and tree dance 25/40/55/70% slow (instead of 40/50/60/70). He might not even need it, but his q could also scale CD wise 40/35/30/25 (instead of a flat 25).

i feel like he's a well balanced hero in the mid-game with all his skills maxed, but his skills shouldn't be insanely power at level 1 considering hes a fucking 300 range ursa

Yeah, for sure Tree Dance and Jingu Mastery are issues the way they are. On Tree Dance though I think they need to have a way of punishing the fact that he can keep moving trees on a 1.4s cooldown. Treetops are considered high ground, so you can't see him unless he leaps between trees and don't know where to cut if you don't have something like Timbersaw or Beastmaster. If you miss on your first try with Quelling Blade, he's already gone. I think either make the initial jump (but not jumps from tree to tree) cost 50 mana or something, with the slam costing another 50-60 mana. They tried to offset it with the blink style 3s CD and stunning him for 4s if you cut his tree, but it doesn't feel like enough.

His ultimate is his most balanced skill IMO.

I thought Mischief would be more useful than it actually is. It has the major flaw of mousing over the disguised object turns red just like it would on a regular hero or creep, being a dead giveaway. I suppose you could hide in places people are not likely to click and they think you went the other way for whatever reason. The use case I can see for it is disguising as the courier.

Twookie

wings are playing like clowns wtf

e: on the topic of MK. I think his passive is really crazy. he can get a 600-700 damage aoe nuke at level 7 which is pretty fucked up tbh

you def have to counter pick a MK to be able to get him down from the trees. Beastmaster is a god at this

I thought Mischief would be more useful than it actually is. It has the major flaw of mousing over the disguised object turns red just like it would on a regular hero or creep, being a dead giveaway. I suppose you could hide in places people are not likely to click and they think you went the other way for whatever reason. The use case I can see for it is disguising as the courier.

I thought one of the big benefits was ducking into tree fog and turning into a tree, no?

Gaaraz

Managed to hit a 50% commend ratio! I know it's completely meaningless, but as a really sucky player it's about the only positive in my many years of Dota :p

Hylian7

Played more games in this patch. I think the number one thing that is throwing me off here isn't the talents, but the xp requirements for levels. You level FAST now. Like people are hitting 25 by 30 minutes, and that's insane. It makes for a different pace of game, but with the talents, getting to 25 is more interesting now.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I wish when IF put out a new hero he would make it super shitty and underpowered and then buff upwards, rather than this debacle with Monkey King where he's a game ruining tyrant that desperately needs to be nerfed. My thinking is, there's going to be one in every game for the first month regardless of whether or not it's any good. Might as well just make it suck so it's not a cancer in every game.

Hylian7

I wish when IF put out a new hero he would make it super shitty and underpowered and then buff upwards, rather than this debacle with Monkey King where he's a game ruining tyrant that desperately needs to be nerfed. My thinking is, there's going to be one in every game for the first month regardless of whether or not it's any good. Might as well just make it suck so it's not a cancer in every game.

The problem with that is if you try to consciously make something underpowered, you don't come up with an incredibly interesting hero. If Icefrog designed Earth Spirit with that in mind, I doubt he would be as interesting as what we have today.

LiQuid!

The problem with that is if you try to consciously make something underpowered, you don't come up with an incredibly interesting hero. If Icefrog designed Earth Spirit with that in mind, I doubt he would be as interesting as what we have today.

I dunno ES and MK both have pretty unique playstyles that I think would have been fun even if they weren't stupid OP.

Top Bottom