• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

BHK3

Banned
Not really enjoying this patch, HUD still pisses me off with how stupid the placement is with some bits of info. Heros that were strong got stronger and heros that were weak essentially are unchanged or weaker. Can't even play magnus anymore since I lost all my stat gains and every hero gets magic resistance or health at level fucking 10. Just been playing Techies since he's actually a god now, you can legitimately farm up and get aghs+atos very quickly and just fucking chuck bombs at people until they die. Gonna die? Blast off and silence their team for 7 seconds while your team cleans up.

Euls is also super broken on techies. Set Stasis -> Euls enemy right after -> stasis goes off right when they land -> remote mine + Proximity -> Atos -> ? -> possibly permalock them if you're 25 with cd reduction and octarine. I solo'd a 6 slotted mirana with no pre planted mines doing the above combo.

Also Tinker is gonna make a tremendous comeback, the cast range and spell amp and dmg increase on a aghs laser will make you wanna cry.

Man. Even with talents, Jakiro is shit. Garbage cast points, most heroes will move out of the way before you hit them.. Turn rate increase fucks them up.

Yeah. Will stick with mobile heroes.

pompidu

So now that the jungle is nerfed to hell; think maybe AM build should go sange and yasha, then manta. I feel like battle fury seems like a wasted investment now.

The M.O.B

O_O

A late game Lycan w/4wolves and 6 slotted can backdoor anything.

Crazy

So now that the jungle is nerfed to hell; think maybe AM build should go sange and yasha, then manta. I feel like battle fury seems like a wasted investment now.

Mjollnir seems to be a thing now with AM, seen it twice in as many games.

pompidu

O_O

Crazy

Nice for farming but doesn't give him stats, which he really needs. He doesn't get a large stat boost till lvl 20 talent. At least with s/y you can get stats, little farm and slow for this fighting meta.

Hylian7

O_O

Crazy

Nice for farming but doesn't give him stats, which he really needs. He doesn't get a large stat boost till lvl 20 talent. At least with s/y you can get stats, little farm and slow for this fighting meta.
I was thinking about this (disclaimer: I have yet to play AM in this patch), and I think really BF is just more situational before. It used to be that 95% of am games, you would buy it. Now it is closer to 50/50. Even with the nerfed jungle (which people underestimate with the new ancient camps and new medium, as well as jungle bounty runes), jungle was not the only reason to buy it. It gives you the regen and also is great for split pushing. AM is and always has been a good split pusher just because of blink and BF. Going into split push mode will not always be feasible in this patch, so it might be wise to go with SnY like you were saying in those situations.

I like this patch (except for MK's lack of balance), as it has a healthy mix of farm and fighting, with new aspects of the game mixed in. It doesn't quite feel like any previous patches where it was hopeless to stop a deathball, but here you have so many more tools to stop it. Team fights aren't meaningless and meant for taking an objective (or progressing toward one) after a victory. Jungle stacking may be halved, but having a new Ancient camp with the primary jungle, as well as a new medium makes a difference there. On top of that, anyone can farm Ancients. With the removal of their spell immunity, it makes many more roles able to farm them.

Wok

I was thinking about this (disclaimer: I have yet to play AM in this patch), and I think really BF is just more situational before. It used to be that 95% of am games, you would buy it. Now it is closer to 50/50.

This is what I thought at first too, but with the +25 agility on AM late game, there is no reason to go for bigger items than BF early game.

The faster you get to level 25, the better. And you can farm the enemy jungle, which has been even more nerfed from their point of view since opponents cannot blink and farm with a bf.

And if you want to go the rat way, -2 s on blink cooldown and agha for the most annoying rat.

shira

Winter Steam Sale Dec 22
Fall Battle pass expires Jan 2
Chinese New Year Jan 28- Feb 2
Mirana Statue ships Jan 31

QcaLwRs.png
Jan 5-7
ESL One Genting Genting, MY
$250k
8: Fnatic, DC, Wings, VP, NP, XTCN, Newbee, WG

Jan 12-15
WESG Changzhou, CN
$1500k
24: Aboshamalah, Dark Passage, bravado, Duobao, Imperial, Horde, Alliance, Ukraine, Comanche, Romania, Fantastic5, Ne Rusb, Infamous, SG, Dilecom, Tshow, Vultur, One, 2bornot2b, nolife, s1, sigtrust, maxy, TNC

Jan 19-22
DotaPit 5 Split, CRO
$125k
8: Wings, DC, Secret, VP, Faceless, OG, EG, iG

Sometime between CNY and Kiev Major
DAC 2017 Shanghai, CN
?
?

Feb 23-26
SLi Season 3 Shanghai, CN
$300k
8: Wings, 7 TBD

Kiev Major Open Qualifier Mar 6-9, Regional Qualifier Mar 10-13, Kiev Major Apr 20-23

TI7 Open Qualifier Jun 22-25, Regional Qualifier Jun 26-29, LAN Early Aug(?)

pompidu

This is what I thought at first too, but with the +25 agility on AM late game, there is no reason to go for bigger items than BF early game.

The faster you get to level 25, the better. And you can farm the enemy jungle, which has been even more nerfed from their point of view since opponents cannot blink and farm with a bf.

And if you want to go the rat way, -2 s on blink cooldown and agha for the most annoying rat.

Aghs is super late game for him, no sense in farming with battle fury just to get aghs then rat. You're not utilizing all his skills, your just farming still. When your not farming, you need to be killing. Killing is better and provides more gold. There is a bout a third less creep gold now. The money is killing, it's more advantage to build around killing. But I guess time will tell to see how the meta shifts.

Wok

TA's refraction should work fine vs MK.

Trade hits, be invulnerable when he wants to land hits on you, farm creeps while he cannot unless he loses his stacks.

elyetis

Man. Even with talents, Jakiro is shit. Garbage cast points, most heroes will move out of the way before you hit them.. Turn rate increase fucks them up.

Yeah. Will stick with mobile heroes.
I'm not really fond of him late game, but early jakiro is no joke. I love playing him again hardlaner like axe who really underestimate his damage potential.
But yeah that cast point make him really weak against many heroes.

M.D

Winter Steam Sale Dec 22
Fall Battle pass expires Jan 2
Chinese New Year Jan 28- Feb 2
Mirana Statue ships Jan 31

Jan 5-7
ESL One Genting Genting, MY
$250k
8: Fnatic, DC, Wings, VP, NP, XTCN, Newbee, WG

Jan 12-15
WESG Changzhou, CN
$1500k
24: Aboshamalah, Dark Passage, bravado, Duobao, Imperial, Horde, Alliance, Ukraine, Comanche, Romania, Fantastic5, Ne Rusb, Infamous, SG, Dilecom, Tshow, Vultur, One, 2bornot2b, nolife, s1, sigtrust, maxy, TNC

Jan 19-22
DotaPit 5 Split, CRO
$125k
8: Wings, DC, Secret, VP, Faceless, Newbee, EG, iG

Sometime between CNY and Kiev Major
DAC 2017 Shanghai, CN
?
?

Feb 23-26
SLi Season 3 Shanghai, CN
$300k
8: Wings, 7 TBD

Kiev Major Open Qualifier Mar 6-9, Regional Qualifier Mar 10-13, Kiev Major Apr 20-23

TI7 Open Qualifier Jun 22-25, Regional Qualifier Jun 26-29, LAN Early Aug(?)

Didn't OG qualify to dotapit last week

Yeah don't know what DV is seeing but jingu mastery is definitely the problem
the passive was procced tho..?

oh okay, I thought the passive symbol only appeared on enemy heroes while being auto'd. So is that symbol on MK's head representative of the passive being fully stacked? does it no longer appear on enemies after that point? I've only seen the hero a couple of times.

bernardhopkinsgettingknockedthefuckout.gif[img][/QUOTE]

your eyes: still bad!

[quote="Monochromaticx, post: 226849333"]Blade mail fucks up mk pretty well[/QUOTE]

Yes he does.

[url]https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2854559157[/url]

This MK was basically 1-shotting himself to Necro with the blademail. He could do nothing and eventually had to stop trying to fight Necro altogether.

Twookie

oh okay, I thought the passive symbol only appeared on enemy heroes while being auto'd. So is that symbol on MK's head representative of the passive being fully stacked? does it no longer appear on enemies after that point? I've only seen the hero a couple of times.
Ouioui. When MK hits an enemy 4 times the overhead counter disappears and MK gets an indicator over his head.

Ouioui. When MK hits an enemy 4 times the overhead counter disappears and MK gets an indicator over his head.

ah. my misunderstanding then. I feel less sorry for donger in that case, but only a little less. I understand those stacks can last a long time in addition to adding stupid levels of damage and healing to his Q.

Should we expect 7.00a this week?

Wok

LOL at "Viper has disconnected from the game"

I feel ya, random Viper player.

I think the player was disconnected before it happens. He did not attack.

how do you play new lycan

In lane, I max W and E in whatever order. W to save anyone anywhere on the map and to gank/farm jungle, and E to have massive regen after a few points.

In jungle, I struggle a bit with a point in Q until I have the poor man's shield and the iron talon, but it still works with the shrines.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Watching Mr. Robot, should i stop at season 2? Is this a true detective situation?

It's less like True Detective and more like Homeland, where it continues the story in a way that's still interesting and well made, but a little tonally different than what was a pitch perfect first season. True Detective fell off a fucking cliff 2nd season. Mr. Robot is still one of the best shows on TV, even if it's lost some of its lustre from that first season.

so you euls, move under, ulti ?

You can eul -> ulti -> boundless strike -> kill guaranteed.
You can even jump on a tree -> wait for target -> eul -> then either use ulti (you will jump down from tree if you choose to use ulti) or use primal spring with max damage/slow.
Or even boundless strike -> ulti -> eul -> jump to nearest tree -> primal spring.
You don't need to move under to cast ulti btw.

Sick af.

Top Bottom