• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

G.ZZZ

Zeus, Spec or Tinker?

https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2858450654

yolo.gif
yolo.gif
yolo.gif

NBtoaster

ah. my misunderstanding then. I feel less sorry for donger in that case, but only a little less. I understand those stacks can last a long time in addition to adding stupid levels of damage and healing to his Q.

Should we expect 7.00a this week?

Last year they managed 6.86b before a holiday break. Though there's a lot more bugs to fix this time so they should probably focus on that.

G.ZZZ

All that damage was basically infinite mines in the lategame against 6k hp pudge with gem and 35% spell resist. Omni + mass bkb + refresher aghs tree was too much. Especially since the new root block timberchain and blink.

The game was winnable but i'm bad on the hero (and in general) and we couldn't end the game several times, we got two lanes and the ancient on 1000 hp in one push when we could've got the ancient for sure if we didn't lose time attacking raxes.

You can eul -> ulti -> boundless strike -> kill guaranteed.
You can even jump on a tree -> wait for target -> eul -> then either use ulti (you will jump down from tree if you choose to use ulti) or use primal spring with max damage/slow.
Or even boundless strike -> ulti -> eul -> jump to nearest tree -> primal spring.
You don't need to move under to cast ulti btw.

Sick af.

interesting. but wouldn't atos be better? it can match the cast range of ..."jump from tree attack" or whatever its called. it also gives hp which i think mk needs.

Fevaweva

I played Rubick for the first time with this patch. That hero is SUPER STRONG. I felt like a fucking god by the end.

I was so worried he was going to get nerfed but thanks to 7.00 I can enjoy the hero for a while longer.

It's less like True Detective and more like Homeland, where it continues the story in a way that's still interesting and well made, but a little tonally different than what was a pitch perfect first season. True Detective fell off a fucking cliff 2nd season. Mr. Robot is still one of the best shows on TV, even if it's lost some of its lustre from that first season.

wait for it to be free on amazon or buy season 2 hmm...

The M.O.B

If you are a support main, I don't see how you can hate this patch. Even being a solo support will still find you with one or 2 items by 25 minutes. And all the fighting means you get to be doing something fun rather than the usual.

If you are a "SAFE LANE CARRY GIMME ALL THE FARM OR LUL" main then I can see it.

Red UFO

It seems that it's just accepted that supports will die a lot this patch. With 100 kills per game every game it's not unusual to see supports get 10 deaths or more.

Chris R

If you are a support main, I don't see how you can hate this patch. Even being a solo support will still find you with one or 2 items by 25 minutes. And all the fighting means you get to be doing something fun rather than the usual.

If you are a "SAFE LANE CARRY GIMME ALL THE FARM OR LUL" main then I can see it.

I just need to work on my timings by playing a few more games. My entire game I felt like I was behind just due to how fast the carries were getting levels and items :(

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2858902925

Techies might be a lot less annoying to play against in the laning phase but he's still super cancerous in the late game and artificially game extending. This game should have been 40 minutes and turned into 70 minutes of banging my head against a wall.

It seems that it's just accepted that supports will die a lot this patch. With 100 kills per game every game it's not unusual to see supports get 10 deaths or more.

10 deaths per game would be an improvement for me from last patch!

-Mikey-

Is it too late to purchase the Fall Battle Pass? I know I can purchase it, but will I still get any unlocks since the major is over?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is it too late to purchase the Fall Battle Pass? I know I can purchase it, but will I still get any unlocks since the major is over?

If you have the time, you can get the all of the stuff. Its only going to be around for 2 more weeks though.

I split pushed just fine last patch. Not as good as it once was but winnable with. Mjollnir AM makes me laugh.

Maybe give new Lycan a try?

I split pushed just fine last patch. Not as good as it once was but winnable with. Mjollnir AM makes me laugh.

perhaps, but you did so in spite of the current game state rather than because of it.

Again, the game hasn't been about afk farming since whatever patch temporarily gave us OP Sniper last spring or whatever. That was the last time I remember it being cool to have an afk farmer in every game on both teams. It's been "group as 4 and push" damn near ever since.

Wok

Sniper is still OP.

And in one of my recent games, I got a triple kill as WK, and bam, I had the gold for blink dagger. So any hero that can get a triple kill will be able to snowball even faster than ever. I think Sniper is one of them.

Sniper is still OP.

And in one of my recent games, I got a triple kill as WK, and bam, I had the gold for blink dagger. So any hero that can get a triple kill will be able to snowball even faster than ever. I think Sniper is one of them.

Better said, Sniper is OP again. They cut him down after that one patch, but 7.00 gave him more power and without Spectre/SB/Clock picks, he will eventually roll your team. Moreso now than ever before.

I just assume I'm the best player on the server every game and approach Dota 2 as a single player game. That's how I enjoy it and 7.00 invalidates that approach almost entirely. I absolutely hate it. I hate team and I don't like team fights particularly much.

Red UFO

My issue with a constant fighting meta is that it dramatically reduces your options and, by extension, the skill ceiling. At the end of the day Dota is just a point and click game with 4 abilities (for most heroes), fighting can only be so deep.

G.ZZZ

I just assume I'm the best player on the server every game and approach Dota 2 as a single player game. That's how I enjoy it and 7.00 invalidates that approach almost entirely. I absolutely hate it. I hate team and I don't like team fights particularly much.

Sasuke-Kun!

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
That feeling when your whole team commends you and in post game chat saying you carried them hard
happytears.gif

I was also playing support so it was even more shocking!

I love this patch so far!

dusa mask of madness is so legit now actually. with the +10 damage talent, dragon lance, mask of madness you get damage attack speed, mov speed and tankness to start fighting early

Fevaweva

That AM aghs is 100% broken. As a support player the constant reflection of spells is fucking ludicrous. It is too good of an item for how quickly an AM player can farm up 4200 gold.

Top Bottom