• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

jimminy1403

Neo Member
I started playing this recently. I'm okish with last hits and items. I'm shocking with knowing what to do once laning is over.

I just kind of lane a bit more if possible, but then everyone clumps together so I try and be aware of helping my team and not being ganked. I just end up running all about the place, not doing a whole lot.

I know it probably varies by hero, but once laning is over is there a clearish thing I should be doing?

Quite a few games I'll be holding my own, not feeding, getting a few kills maybe. Then laning ends and I'll go waaayy down in gpm and xpm, and if we lose I'll be bottom 3. If we win it's by magic and not anything I'm doing, and I'll still be in the bottom half overall.

elyetis

Just had a 1+ hour game with a techies in team and lost. Fuck this useless hero.
I'm at 6 win 1 lose on techies since 7.00. You make far less kill early with mines, but between the cooldown reduction, + cast range, and - respawn time he feel pretty strong late game.

qazqaNii

I started playing this recently. I'm okish with last hits and items. I'm shocking with knowing what to do once laning is over.

I just kind of lane a bit more if possible, but then everyone clumps together so I try and be aware of helping my team and not being ganked. I just end up running all about the place, not doing a whole lot.

I know it probably varies by hero, but once laning is over is there a clearish thing I should be doing?

Quite a few games I'll be holding my own, not feeding, getting a few kills maybe. Then laning ends and I'll go waaayy down in gpm and xpm, and if we lose I'll be bottom 3. If we win it's by magic and not anything I'm doing, and I'll still be in the bottom half overall.

Well since you need to kill the ancient to win you should start killing towers with your team if possible and get closer to your goal. So far in this patch/meta there are tons of fighting so pick something that can fight, stick with your team and have fun fighting.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

this game....

b1fjps

[edit] now that my WR is back above 50% i love this patch again. don't @ me.

I'm at 6 win 1 lose on techies since 7.00. You make far less kill early with mines, but between the cooldown reduction, + cast range, and - respawn time he feel pretty strong late game.

Techies is ok against certain line up but it was so awful in that game. We had luna, pudge, sladar, qop while other team had treant, MK, lion, jugg and riki. It was almost impossible to push high ground with 4 heroes against MK + treant ulti combo. The game was stalled long enough so that riki, jugg and MK all got 6 slotted, treant got a refresher. Once fight started, they just jumped in, MK used ulti and others threw all the shit (2 x diffusal + 2 x abyssal + other disable skill) at me (luna) and qop. Not to mention in some fights our techies decided to use eul on MK while his ulti was still in effect, fml.

Gaaraz

After playing that i realized that if i bought necro 3 and kept it in stash we would've won the game easily.
Never used that item before, how would it have helped in this case? True sight for potentially 40 seconds sounds really good, especially up against invis Troll and Monkey King.

Hylian7

At that point it becomes about reading the map and figuring out what to do.

Have the other team shown on one side of the map with no TPs? If your teammates can get there, push the opposite lane.

Are T1's still standing? Drop those when your opponent gives you the slightest chance. Depending on the game and team comps, you might even be able to force it.

Are you walking through the jungle when the clock is about to hit an odd minute and you know where everyone on the map is? Stack a camp and farm it, farm other camps too, but prioritize based on who actually needs the farm.

Are you wanting to push high ground? Take Rosh first.

Smoke and go for a pickoff is always an option too.

You should also consider itemization and what items you need to be able to win fights and push to end.

inkls

Never used that item before, how would it have helped in this case? True sight for potentially 40 seconds sounds really good, especially up against invis Troll and Monkey King.

because necronomicon is a good pushing item. The melee creep has a 0.75 BAT and the archer has an MS and AS aura as well has a 1 BAT. It just helps makes the most out of a push.

Strider

Well it took me 566 games but i finally solo queued into a "high skill"
fuckin luulz
game according to dotabuff...

I stopped doing ranked a long time ago but does anyone know give or take what that avg mmr is? im just curious

inkls

Well it took me 566 games but i finally solo queued into a "high skill"
fuckin luulz
game according to dotabuff...

I stopped doing ranked a long time ago but does anyone know give or take what that avg mmr is? im just curious

high skill should be around 3k avg. Very high skill seems to start around 3.7k+ avg I think.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly if you've been playing this game for more than 3 weeks and you're under 6k mmr you should 100% uninstall.

Ketch

It becomes an AoE spell, so it doesn't get blocked or reflected by Linken's or Lotus Orb, respectively.

Ok. Thanks. Makes me feel better that I didn't buy linkens in the game I threw! It wouldn't have worked anyway, and I would have thrown harder.

Edit: also, looking at the dots buff, I'm just gonna blame my team for being a total non factor. I did way better then the enemy carry, but the rest of team had basically no impact.

Red UFO

Ok. Thanks. Makes me feel better that I didn't buy linkens in the game I threw! It wouldn't have worked anyway, and I would have thrown harder.

Edit: also, looking at the dots buff, I'm just gonna blame my team for being a total non factor. I did way better then the enemy carry, but the rest of team had basically no impact.
Bad attitude to have. Learn from what happened, in your own words you threw, I'm sure your teammates were diabolical, but you still gotta account for yourself.

Ketch

Bad attitude to have. Learn from what happened, in your own words you threw, I'm sure your teammates were diabolical, but you still gotta account for yourself.

I agree. Your right. I know I will never so flippantly buy back and jump in like that again. Easily the mistake that directly caused us to lose right then.

That being said, after sleeping on it and looking at the stats I don't feel nearly as bad as I did when it happened. I thought I had let my team (of pubs) down, but when I'm 24/9 and everyone else on my team is like 3/15, I no longer feel that way.

I still think I could have won if I didn't fuckin die back tho.

I agree. Your right. I know I will never so flippantly buy back and jump in like that again. Easily the mistake that directly caused us to lose right then.

That being said, after sleeping on it and looking at the stats I don't feel nearly as bad as I did when it happened. I thought I had let my team (of pubs) down, but when I'm 24/9 and everyone else on my team is like 3/15, I no longer feel that way.

I still think I could have won if I didn't fuckin die back tho.

Yeah I always look at what I messed up first before I go look at the team. Sometimes you just look at a match and go "welp, I tried my best but it wasn't to be."

Those close ones are so tough though. Like you feel you could've clutched it out in hindsight.

Hylian7

i really dislike the new shop menu.
is there a way to make the all items grid the default view instead of the garbage suggested items and popular items ?
Enable "Shop always uses hotkeys", hit QWER for basics, ASDFGH for upgrades. You don't have to memorise hotkeys if you don't want to, but hitting any of those keys with shop open takes you to grid view immediately.

shira

Fresh drama

https://redd.it/5kwwd6
TLDR for lazy people
LGD is the owner of the biggest betting site in China - VPGAME
LGD.ruru stole an API-KEY
VPGAME was able get scrim data of all other teams.
VPGAME was able to move items freely between any steam users, they did it in a way making valve think other competitors(大力菠菜,DOTAMAX) scams their users.

Damn API keys are OP as fuck.

Fresh drama

https://redd.it/5kwwd6

Damn API keys are OP as fuck.

RIP LGD. If Valve took a stance on CS:GO betting I bet this doesn't bode well for them.

When someone on your team decides to feed a rapier to the best rapier carrier in the game.......While the enemy team is defending against mega creeps.........

https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2878728648

A day later and I'm still salty

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Also RIP.

The M.O.B

The difference is if he/she announced it. Like fuck y'all I'm gonna throw this game.

I didn't have a clue until it popped up on the side of my screen.

And it is not like we had any linken spheres/ lotus orbs/ or anything to help protect him as our solo support went full on "Im the carry now" mode.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
+5 stats is better in all cases than +15 AS right?

you deserve to be salty for ~a month tbh

I like the +5 stats, but if you're referring to Naix's level 10 talent according to dotobuff the +15 AS is taken more frequently and has pretty much the exact same winrate as the much less popular +5 all stats (0.1% less winrate).

So seems like they are pretty balanced overall and you have to remember for a hero like Lifestealer the 5 int really doesn't do much for you, especially if you have a wand or built echo. So you are essentially deciding between +10 AS or +100 HP and +5 damage. I prefer the latter (the all stats), but the former is a legitimate choice; I think milk goes for the +15 AS? Not sure though.

I picked the stats last night because I rationalized that the bigger HP/Mana pool would probably be more worth it in the long run and would probably make more of a difference in actual fights than the attack speed.

I ended up carrying to a pretty clean victory and I don't think it made that much of a difference but it was the only talent I debated with myself about.

There's quite a few hp boosting talents that have lower win rates than I would have guessed, but I wonder if it's partly because people are more likely to take them when they are feeling squishy, i.e. the game is going badly.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
With Lifestealer you typically have a short window to burst someone down or you risk getting kited and turned on. I think the attack speed is just there to give him a bit more power during that window of rage + open wounds. Raw attack speed + raw damage (think phase boots) is always a potent combo on most heroes early but the stats most likely do more during the mid and late game.

Top Bottom