• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

shira

https://www.dotabuff.com/blog/2016-12-29-the-largest-talent-winrate-differences

DB did an article outlining the biggest winrates for talent choics if it hasn't been linked already.

There's quite a few hp boosting talents that have lower win rates than I would have guessed, but I wonder if it's partly because people are more likely to take them when they are feeling squishy, i.e. the game is going badly.

I like STR boost. HP boosts never seem to pan out for me.

"DESTROY IT! DESTROY THE ANCIENT!"
https://youtu.be/O7X1BCCH9a8?t=170

no ..............................................................................................

-------------------------------------

Also GAF AOTY vote is up

With Lifestealer you typically have a short window to burst someone down or you risk getting kited and turned on. I think the attack speed is just there to give him a bit more power during that window of rage + open wounds. Raw attack speed + raw damage (think phase boots) is always a potent combo on most heroes early but the stats most likely do more during the mid and late game.

yeh I got phase (although I guess I can see the argument for treads after the BAT nerf?) and I most definitely took the additional second of Rage at 25

hero isn't super fun if your clock misses every hook.

Hylian7

yeh I got phase (although I guess I can see the argument for treads after the BAT nerf?) and I most definitely took the additional second of Rage at 25

hero isn't super fun if your clock misses every hook.
I'd say in Lifestealer's case, you need Phase over treads. You have to pretty much be in their face for all of your spells, and other than blinking or infesting, you will just get body blocked by everything. I used to go Treads on that hero, it was miserable for that reason.

bbd23

4 ranked wins in a row...should probably stop there right...
dac15_blush.gif

Chris R

I watched Steins;Gate for the first time this year.

It's pretty good.

Almost glad the animu game on Steam didn't get a bigger discount, my stingy ass ain't dropping $20+ on a VN

Red UFO

That was an amazing play.

How come his range is so long though? I know he has hurricane pike but he seems to be hitting him way out of what would be a normal range (even for someone like sniper)
When you cast hurricane pike on someone you get 4 free hits at whatever range.

Gaaraz

Oh jeeeez... and with OD's ridiculous damage, it can be enough to take down even someone quite tanky like Spirit Breaker.

I didn't know that, thank you!

>1000 upvotes 7.00 bitching thread on r/dota2 front page. Guess I was even a tad too conservative with my prediction from 10 days ago.

edit: Although I can't say I agree with the OP in that thread. I'm certainly not having deathball games more often than before. The length of my games seems to have stayed somewhat consistent but it's fighting all the time.

bbd23

anyone want to explain the veil/maelstrom build on ember recently. Ive tried it a few times with the correct talents and I still feel like it doesn't do that much? im bad at dota though so that might be why. when you were stacking crits with battlefurry you could feel that shit.

I do love the cooldown talent though.

shira

anyone want to explain the veil/maelstrom build on ember recently. Ive tried it a few times with the correct talents and I still feel like it doesn't do that much? im bad at dota though so that might be why. when you were stacking crits with battlefurry you could feel that shit.

I do love the cooldown talent though.

If you get the Octarine then you can perma root

Eldon

I know some of you are joking, but if SB went Orb of Venom first and charge, then BB should have gone Q. Of course the skill build differs between a dual and a solo lane.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1329456

Is this real life?

"My friends are good at the game and I'm not why can't we play ranked together this isn't fair"

"Wow op thats bad of blizzard that doesn't sound fun at all"

Some salty posters in that thread that need to just get good. There's already a few posts that are the equivalent of "I'm really 4k but 2k teams are so bad and just hold me from my true rating" and "My 5k friend who didn't want to hurt my feelings said I'm just as good as him and so now I know I don't belong in 3k.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
This shit boggles my mind. Bristleback didn't get Q first and he goes fucking apeshit????

Might have been the actual first time I heard someone in a game of Dota complain about an AM afk farming too. That guy had issues.
I know some of you are joking, but if SB went Orb of Venom first and charge, then BB should have gone Q. Of course the skill build differs between a dual and a solo lane.
You have to take into consideration that this is 2k pub dota. I'd wager there's a pretty close to zero percent chance the SB attempted to communicate with the BB about this prior to taking the fumes to all chat.

Top Bottom