• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

Strider

Any good Visage players here?

I finally got around to trying Visage for the first time... In general I like micro heroes a lot so I did turn out to like this hero and wanna keep practicing it but I'd like some tips. Both for core and support...

I had actually planned to play support but my lineup ended up in such a way I went mid/core. I won my lane despite missing cs and such due to being unfamiliar with the attack animation since I did however manage a solo kill as soon as I turned 6. I think this hero is actually ownage in my skill bracket because people really dont know how to play against Visage at all. They very clearly underestimated my damage multiple times...

Anyway I'm quite comfortable with illusion heroes like Terrorblade mainly because you can use illusions to split farm/push... but in actual fights you can really just gather all your units, hit the same target and be successful like that. However with heroes like Elder Titan and Visage you actually need to micro multiple different units which gets really messy for me in big team fights...

I think some of this is due to my current hotkey setup not being ideal for heroes like this... So if some folks could share their hotkey/group setups that'd be cool. Feel free to throw any tips for the hero my way tho... positioning tips, skill builds, items, or anything. If you have a match replay showing some stuff off I could find the time to watch it too just drop the ID.

TL;DR: I like Visage. つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Giff Visage tips つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I've gotten used to

1 = hero
2 = birds
3 = hero + birds

I don't micro birds individually. Maybe a better player would, but I don't see the need for it. If I can I try to position birds on the side of a fight and then sic them on a support in the back and mostly focus on keeping my hero safe and spamming soul assumption. Birds in the backlines means you can switch to them quickly and stun retreating heroes or just run away with them after the fracas or if they get focused.

Disclaimer, I haven't played Visage in long time, but he has historically been my jam. I played him mostly when the birds were pretty awful, so I spent more time as a greedy support who got farm due to all the kill securing. Nowadays I would get Aghs in 100% of games, whereas I used to not prioritize it so much.

ET doesn't really require too much micro in the heat of battle -- if you used the spirit to initiate just leave it near your targets for the aura and ult or go in as necessary, and if you're joining a battle late you can just drop n' stomp ahead of your hero arriving (wait for bkbs to expire as necessary).

Thankfully for Visage the micro isn't super rough, either; I don't think I've seen many pro games where the pros actually split the birds up for whatever reason. You can keep them all on the same hotkey and tab-cycle to stone form stun whenever you want.

New Atos is hilarious on Visage. Hero needs to be re-buffed ffs.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Randomed the new Lycan and thought he was awesome. Looking at his stats across the board and he seems to do reasonably well in all brackets. Might be my new squeeze for a bit.

Who is this Day9 bloke?

So many Dota 2 players are going to be introduced to my absolute favorite streamer.

Back in the day he was a SCII player, who then started a web show to teach people how to play better and every so often he'd have days where he just casted ridiculous games and stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl1UPs-0eh8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsLfMrvkTAU

His main game is Hearthstone now but he does many other games and he's involved with a lot of other streamers and projects.

His stories are fun, his laugh even funnier, and he's just a dork who's fun to watch.

He's going to be learning Dota 2 with Purge this year and it'll be great.

Strider

how anyone can stay sane with their 'main game' as hearthstone is beyond me.

I'm sure if I made the amount of money popular HS streamers did I'd be fine with it.

Granted I wouldn't go Kripp levels of insane playtime on that game but yea... I'd play the amount Day9 does no problem all things considered...

Gaaraz

Had what was probably my best game of Dota ever yesterday, despite my overall score/KDA not being very good. We came back from a seemingly un-winnable position, and I managed to break my record for both most damage (68k) and most healing (23.2k)

https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2884639103

Necrophos was always my favourite hero, but I've (obviously) been enjoying playing with him even more with his new W ability.

So I have to confess... I'm like a filthy half-Purge who doesn't even play the game.

I've played it before a bit but not enough to actually be confident enough to do ranked and such. But man this is one of the games where I just love reading up on shit that each hero can do and predicting what can go on in a game as well as how patches changes things overall.

I do the same thing with Overwatch but I actually play that. But this game is so addicting to watch and think about.

I need to get on this again..

KingKong

What role do you play him as?
Builds? Itemwise skillwise? Need somethong new and necro hasnt been touched so far.

I like doing arcanes - blademail - atos or mek then blink or force staff

carries can't do anything to you with ghost shroud and you'll heal and reflect more magic damage with blademail than they can do to you unless they nuke you down

mek if no one else is getting it otherwise I just really like atos this patch

we got voted as the worst gaming community by watchmojo! yay!
kunk-rum.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
How can you say that? The Souls community is insular and condescending but relatively mannered. Dota turns people into literal monsters.

Also I don't hear much casual racism, sexism and homophobia from the Souls community.

Let's not forget about the fucking memes. I dunno what the memescene is like in the LOL community, but I find it hard to believe it's worse than Dota.

What role do you play him as?
Builds? Itemwise skillwise? Need somethong new and necro hasnt been touched so far.

I think you can run him any role as long as you aren't a PPD lane support. I personally run him mid cause 2k shittiers don't know how to deal with heart stopper. My skill build is pretty much always 3-1-1-1, if the enemy has a lot of magic damage spam you should get heart stopper over shroud but every other time you should get ghost shroud. Talent wise I go right right right left. Boot wise you can go every but browns. I personally like GGs over everything but if y ou have like a tide hunter on your team who probably needs it more treads go really well with regen. I pretty much always go aghs at this point, veil, blademail, atos and bkb can be really good as well.

shira

im not a betting man with my waifus

but it all depends if you got a good one cooked up already

If I play 20 games in the next 7 days without LPQ

You gotta rep a Haikyuu avatar for 3 days

- if not
You can pick whatever avatar I gotta rep for 3 days. assuming it's sfw etc etc.

Top Bottom