• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I'm copying this from /r/dota2 but whatever.

First public match after 10 bot games.

No idea if that was the default build from Valve or if I just saw loads of stats on those items and thought they were OP.

Really thought Dota was fawful but between ragequitting league and loads of Purge videos something clicked after a dozen hours of gametime.

Edit: Actually no way basher was recommended on DK. Guess I didn't understand DK's ult well the first game.

apparently my first "real" game per dotabuff I queued with Ties and Satch and some other GAF person and played Lifestealer because Satch called him "babbie's first carry" (I remember that part)

then it was maybe 2 solid months of smurfs ruining games -- io-relocating into enemy bases, force staff shenanigans, screaming over mic about lack of farm or mistimed stuns or not pulling perfectly, etc.

This is why I'm a 3-time state champion dota coach now.

Hylian7

That reminds me, I had a match yesterday (or it was the day before maybe?) where an IO on the other team relocated to our side of the map on a ward spot...where I placed a ward to place a ward. I happened to be close by and killed him. He says in chat "What were the odds....that there was already a ward at the spot I picked"

shira

none of those heroes are stronger than ogre

shrek.jpg

In sub 2k mmr yes
SseKTS5.jpg

rac

Banned
what are everyones funnest heroes to play so far this patch?

im glad to see bb is still the funnest hero, and shrine helps him a lot

i guess youre supposed to get q on him first now though so i dont really know that much about it

Artanisix

i guess youre supposed to get q on him first now though so i dont really know that much about it

meepo is godly this patch

The M.O.B

Yeah, in this fighting patch I would not pick Abaddon as a support. The faster leveling is nice for him like any support, but he can also benefit from having items more than most supports would. Thus I only play him in the offlane.

His winrate is really good right now but I would only pick him in certain situations. Good against teams with insignificant lockdown, glass cannons so u can blademail and blow them up, and melee lineups as with phase boots and his slow it's hard to get away from him. But I just feel like any number of other offlane are more effective right now.

I usually random but...

Pudge: All of the fighting in this patch makes it easy to build up flesh heap stacks even if you are dieing a lot.

PA: Again, the fighting patch allows her to grab a quick deso and be effective. Squishy supports are quickly vanquished and glass cannon carries are regretful.

If I'm offlane, probably Dark Seer. The early fighting allows him to melt supports and glass cannons so easily.

Brodnax

Yeah I'm copying this from /r/dota2 but whatever.

First public match after 10 bot games.

No idea if that was the default build from Valve or if I just saw loads of stats on those items and thought they were OP.

Really thought Dota was fawful but between ragequitting league and loads of Purge videos something clicked after a dozen hours of gametime.

Edit: Actually no way basher was recommended on DK. Guess I didn't understand DK's ult well the first game.

After the implementation of source 2 and the new items, old game's item builds went to shit, that's prolly not a basher.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
There any way to join an in house lobby game while it's in progress? Some of my friends playing a USA vs. Canada match and I want to spectate it.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

rac did ur brother jerry give u some arcanas?

Typical low 4k mmr games, somehow 4 carries and a half support works out in the end.

Hm better late game wins virtually in all of my games recently. Had some mid 4k games lately and it mostly came down to the carry heavy line up not getting creamed on in the laning stage. People at my bracket certainly don't take enough advantage of superior lanes and then just proceed to lose. I had a 5.2k Centaur on the enemy team who got a 17 min Radiance and took our T1 and T2 as a solo off laner by like 15 minutes.

Not even sure how that shit happens in my games. Picking greedy certainly seems to do the trick in most of my pubs

edit: To be fair, we won that game because they handed it to us. Had I been their Sniper, this would have been the shortest game on EUW.

So, lately I have been playing Bristle and although is a very simple hero (Q, W, Q, Q, W, etc) it's quite fun. My questions are, what are the biggests counter against him?

Build related, I'm going with:
- Treads,
- Vanguard,
- Blade Mail
- Sometimes Vlads
- Crimson
- Halberd.

Late game I usually buy Travel and sell Treads in order to leave a free slot for Heart or Radiance.
Is there anything I should do to improve it? So far now it's working great, except in a certain match I had against a SF which, sadly, didn't go so well.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
So, lately I have been playing Bristle and although is a very simple hero (Q, W, Q, Q, W, etc) it's quite fun. My questions are, what are the biggests counter against him?

- Treads,
- Vanguard,
- Blade Mail
- Sometimes Vlads
- Crimson
- Halberd.

Late game I usually buy Travel and sell Treads in order to leave a free slot for Heart or Radiance.
Is there anything I should do to improve it? So far now it's working great, except in a certain match I had against a SF which, sadly, didn't go so well.
Your avatar is a pretty good counter since he's forced to face LC.
Silver edge destroys him as well.

mellz

- Treads,
- Vanguard,
- Blade Mail
- Sometimes Vlads
- Crimson
- Halberd.

Necro destroys him.

shira

Yee Fung "Mushi" Chai - Mid/Carry
Muhammad Rizky "Inyourdream" Anugrah - Mid/Carry
Chong Xin "Ohaiyo" Khoo - Offlaner
Yong-min "Febby" Kim - Roaming Support
Ng "YamateH" Wei Poong - Hard Support (Stand in)
dizzy.gif

The M.O.B

Yee Fung "Mushi" Chai - Mid/Carry
Muhammad Rizky "Inyourdream" Anugrah - Mid/Carry
Chong Xin "Ohaiyo" Khoo - Offlaner
Yong-min "Febby" Kim - Roaming Support
Ng "YamateH" Wei Poong - Hard Support (Stand in)
dizzy.gif

Indo Dota finally hitting the big screen near you.

Top Bottom