• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

Hylian7

defense of the ancients 2

spectre-what.gif
spectre-what.gif
spectre-what.gif
spectre-what.gif

t1484521200z2.png

How'd she do?

Judging by Dotabuff it's hard to say, because they keep getting absolutely wrecked. But she seems to play in the offlane and judging by hero selection they are playing her as a Bulba-esque setup offlaner--played as Centaur, Slardar, and Clock thus far.

Watched highlights from her Slardar game and she had some pretty good Crushes and such.

kasane

new update for matchmaking

Matchmaking now considers geographical distance when finding players for your team.

yet my first game i still got non english speakers. u what

edit: at least its a start i guess

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
new update for matchmaking

Matchmaking now considers geographical distance when finding players for your team.

yet my first game i still got non english speakers. u what

edit: at least its a start i guess

I'm sure they'll fiddle with the dial overtime but I personally never cared about non-english speakers in my games. I've got a lower winrate on USW (51.5) over USE (53.3) as it is.

E: this is really gonna mess with some of my friends from other countries queing into US servers. One of them who is from Dominican Republic said he's basically done with solo q if this means more Peruvians.

shira

Jeff HIll on nu match making

We currently don't apply any penalty for a party that is geographically diverse. If you'd like to play with a friend who's far away from you, it's intended that you won't match any better or worse than if you were searching alone.

It depends on the relative MMR of the players in your group. It'll currently try for either NA or SA players for your team, but not both, from wherever your highest MMR player is located.

Hylian7

i wonder what happens when the NA players discover that they suck at dota even without peruvian teammates

This.

Peruvians/Russians/Brazilians/Americans/Chinese/Pinoys/Aliens/Predators were never the problem. Everyone always likes to pin their MMR that they are unhappy with on a group of people, be it a nationality, race, role of player, "X MMR is the worst bracket", etc, but MMR is more accurate than you think. You're still the common factor in all of your games. That's not to say that every single game you lose is always your fault, but even the ones that aren't there's probably something you could have done differently that might have pushed you to a win.

Language barriers can be frustrating, but Dota 2 has implemented plenty of ways around them to the point where it really isn't an issue.

Peruvians aren't the reason for your MMR, you are. It's that simple.

Does anyone here watch Attacker! stream on a daily basis? If so, what happened him? He just suddenly stopped streaming.

I heard he went back to school? I do miss his streams too :(

Peruvians aren't the reason for your MMR, you are. It's that simple.

What if I am Peruvian?

ohhh.png

Nah seriously though, you're right, in the long run you are the only constant in your games, i.e. you are ultimately responsible for what MMR you are. It's just that the "short run " is still an hour long game, an hour of pure misery where you get matched with idiots and it's so painful.

yagal

I really wanna know what Loda will with [A], they are not a team, no synergy, they are not improving at all.
This team clearly don't have a future, not good enough for a Major qualifier, not good enough for the Tier 2 events

Akke's team is a bad idea

Bulldog saw that coming

And S4 ...
24027086531_f85a78cb81_o.png

inkls

So whats up with the dragon lance + 200 atk range no items on bear lone druid talent build?

I've seen it being played in pubs more now and a couple of reddit posts from people swearing by it. I'm not sure I get it. Is having 890 attack range that worth it over true form that gives you one of the lowest BAT in the game, 900 bonus hp, 8 extra passive armor, and a new sub ability that gives you and your bear +130 dmg and 20 armor?

Like, If I wanted to build carry bearless druid, I'd use his ult form, whats so great about this build? Is it actually good or just np cliffjungling 2.0?

yarden24

So as a guy from Israel that plays on EUW, does it mean ill mostly play with Russians since they are closer then Europe?

shira

This has to be wrong

They are doing the 3rd place match AFTER the grand finals?

Apparently they did it like this but bo3 lul China

So as a guy from Israel that plays on EUW, does it mean ill mostly play with Russians since they are closer then Europe?

It will prioritize people who are geographically closer to you first.

Top Bottom