• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

Hylian7

lol, me and volodja were talking about that earlier. Hero isn't good at anything. Doom isn't good, survivability isn't good, gpm boost isn't good since your other abilities cant be left at level 1 while you max devour, righclick doom isn't even ok.
I honestly can't even remember the last time I saw a Doom in one of my games. He really isn't good in the current game climate. Hero is too one dimensional and that is his downfall. Doom is now a mediocre ult without Aghs.

IMO there are a few approaches that could make him better, and I think doing something to Scorched Earth would be a good start. The Sniper Aghs approach is valid if all else fails.

lol, me and volodja were talking about that earlier. Hero isn't good at anything. Doom isn't good, survivability isn't good, gpm boost isn't good since your other abilities cant be left at level 1 while you max devour, righclick doom isn't even ok.

i wish icefrog could find a middle ground between top tier and dumpster tier for doom

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Yeah i think the ulti doom itself was just nerfed way too hard. Getting doomed was like the scariest fkn shit in dota1 and for most of dota 2. You're doomed = you're done.

It's been nerfed like a billion times now over time -- higher cd? less damage? high cast point? doesn't baseline disable passives? Kind of dumb, and talk about just eroding a hero's identity. Most of the time when I get doomed these days (very rare), you just stand at the edge of the fight and almost out regen it between items and stuff like regen talents, and now shrines.

Sure, there was nothing worse than feeling completely dead or negated by old Doom, but I think the pendulum has swung far too much in the other direction in that getting doomed is just a mini time-out (hell, for right-clickers it's not even a timeout these days) rather than a holy fuCK i'm fucked. Not to mention it simultaneously got a lot harder to get off between the cast point nerf, the introduction of lotus orb, and the lvl death rework.

shira

doom-penta.gif

[walks to shrine]

Was "Macmur, micmur mactoral" trademarked?

i wish icefrog could find a middle ground between top tier and dumpster tier for doom

I think the reason why he's so dumpster now is that Doom was nerfed into the Earths Core and the Jungle Re-Work means he can't easily use Devour like in the past. Then they nerfed his regen like crazy so you spend the first 20-30 minutes farming utility items and unless you're balling out of control (which never happens) he's pretty trashtastic by the time you get what you need.

is void a support hero now? i've never used his w am i a bad person?

I play him as a utility/setup hero. Usually go Treads->Vlads->Blink/Maelstrom and force fights around Chrono. The problem is I second or third pick Void often because everyone loves that last pick and my teamates pick like 4 melee heroes and complain we can't do anything. Well no shit, if I chrono 4 and you can't attack them it doesn't accomplish much does it!?

iirc wasn't the change that sent Doom back into the pro meta briefly a massive buff to scorched earth?

Getting rid of Lvl? Death had something to do with it but after Doom was p/b in every game fraud took an icepick to the hero

I miss doom meta, necro, void, silencer.... cancer heroes are my lifeblood.

can live without naga tho (get into support naga on iTunes or Google Play today! euls > aghs)

iirc wasn't the change that sent Doom back into the pro meta briefly a massive buff to scorched earth?

Getting rid of Lvl? Death had something to do with it but after Doom was p/b in every game fraud took an icepick to the hero

Yes he was really strong for a time because Scorched Earth basically made you unkillable, while simultaneously giving you a lot of kill potential. The removal of Lvl Death made it so a Linken's made Doom harder (if not impossible) to land on the preferred target.

yarden24

would if i weren't european, pretty sure it's going to suck timezonewise :(

im in a EU timezone and it was fine last times, the draft timing isn't great but otherwise most games work out as long as you are on a team of mostly euros, just write what times you can actully play.

Hylian7

MMR is required as captains need it to make informed picks. While it can be outdated, you still need to have one. Just start hitting those 10 games, you have time before signups close.

Carlius

Banned
all i do is play single draft now until monkey gets nerfed HARD. shits so annoying and stupid its sucking the fun out of this game, now its just a chore to play against him since everyone feeds him.

Artanisix

shoutouts to crow for playing lina

all i do is play single draft now until monkey gets nerfed HARD. shits so annoying and stupid its sucking the fun out of this game, now its just a chore to play against him since everyone feeds him.

i actually haven't run into too many monkey king issues. he has some annoying perks but i don't feel like he's grossly overpowered

Top Bottom