• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

inkls

My reply was a bit sarcastic but that's the gist of it. Basically if you want to use your mother language play where your more likely to find people that will understand you. In this specific case, russian (and similar) speaking player should use the EUE or RUS servers.
If, by any reason, they are intent on playing in EUW, then either be silent or have the decency to communicate in english, even if it is barely comprehensible.

Lmao

Do you speak any language other than English? And I mean speak, not "I took X in high school and I can say 'my father's cheese' in that language"

Do you realize how many people you play with that speak English to you when it's not even their mother tongue? Sometimes you're maybe the only native English speaker and they'll all be speaking English for YOUR convenience. People do it out of politeness.

Did they ever demand that you speak their language(s) or ask you to have the "decency" to shut up while they spoke in another language?

Can you even do the equivalent of what you expect out of other people?

J2d

Valve has a Russian/ eu east server in Sweden right? I don't even use that one since I wanna limit the risk of being teamed up with Russians :/

surely by everyones shit logic you should queue on russian servers as theyre all in eu w and e.

community still dogshit since the beginning. 5 years of same old arguments.

kionedrik

Lmao

Do you speak any language other than English? And I mean speak, not "I took X in high school and I can say 'my father's cheese' in that language"

Do you realize how many people you play with that speak English to you when it's not even their mother tongue? Sometimes you're maybe the only native English speaker and they'll all be speaking English for YOUR convenience. People do it out of politeness.

Did they ever demand that you speak their language(s) or ask you to have the "decency" to shut up while they spoke in another language?

Can you even do the equivalent of what you expect out of other people?

English is not even my native language, and yes I do speak other languages besides portuguese (native speaker) namely english, spanish and a bit of french and italian.

How dare I ask that people in a server with, possibly, the most diverse amount of languages use what it's currently regarded as the universal language in order to communicate? It would be funny if I came here and spoke in my native language and only a handful of people would understand.

It's really inconsiderate of me to ask that others try their best to express themselves in a way most of us can understand so we can work together in a cooperative multiplayer game. Also, if you can't speak in a way we can understand, even after being asked to, then just stfu and don't make any foreground noise.

Also yes, whenever I'm away from home I try my best to use the native tongue of wherever the fuck I am, especially when it's work related. And if I can't speak their language, guess what, there's a middle ground called English.

edit: Just a final note to reference the beginning of this whole mess before you all started pilling on me, nowadays speaking/understanding english isn't a "privilege", it's a necessity. We'll see in the next few years if it is replaced with mandarin or something else.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I wish I had a dollar for every time a Peruvian Pudge carried me in solo queue.

G.ZZZ

Can't believe i'm seeing the end of the age of the USA. Well, good riddance, let's hope the new boss isn't as bloodthirsty.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Can't believe i'm seeing the end of the age of the USA. Well, good riddance, let's hope the new boss isn't as bloodthirsty.

Which one do you prefer?
320x486.jpg

shira

Feel kind of bad for the staff. They going to have to Shanghai it with morning crew and night shift taking sleep breaks
charm_sleeping.gif

Sibylus

Banned
Nothing even diet about the racism of talking about decency of talking English in a game of Dota 2. It's my mother tongue and I'm as white as they come, and ya'll disgust me. Throw yourselves in the ditch with your fascist brethren.

Strider

I prefered the backpack items onthe side rather than beneath the inventory... other than that tho everything looks good.

New shop especially... What we had was trash

shira

Format is double elimination
- Bo5 Grand Final
- Bo3 all Upper Bracket
- Bo1 elimination all Lower Bracket (lul)

Day 2 (YELLOW)
- four matches
- one team eliminated

*Not much point in posting times as they were 2-3 hours late with multiple massive pauses yesterday
t1484989200z1.png

1. EG vs Faceless (Bo3)
2. Secret vs DC (Bo3)
3. Loser1 vs Loser2 (Bo1 elimination)
4. Winner1 vs Winner2 (Bo3)

Not really a fan of how the stats looks, but I'll take it.
They should really put hotkeys to switch items from backpack and vice versa.
click+drag is triggering me.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
The stats spill into the hero portrait (especially when the +## is added) and the backpack is back under the rest of the item slots. This UI is just going to be garbage forever so we might as well get used to one of these permutations. They care more about making it look sleek and small and less on it being functional.

The stats spill into the hero portrait (especially when the +## is added) and the backpack is back under the rest of the item slots. This UI is just going to be garbage forever so we might as well get used to one of these permutations. They care more about making it look sleek and small and less on it being functional.

damn shame. Frustrating part is that it's not this complicated; they're making it complicated.

LiQuid!

It's frustrating that they need player feedback to tell that this this is ugly and unacceptable:

N5dA7OW.png

This just looks like fucking garbage. Just add a few pixel width to the god damned UI and put some boxes around this shit. Add a fucking stat panel back, stats are too important to the game, this isn't fucking HOTS.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Maybe it's a limitation of the HUD skins, like they're not easily extensible and adding boxes now would just mean redoing the skins.

Which kind of misses the point of web usability inspired UI in the first place, so I hope that's not the case?

It's frustrating that they need player feedback to tell that this this is ugly and unacceptable:

N5dA7OW.png

This just looks like fucking garbage. Just add a few pixel width to the god damned UI and put some boxes around this shit. Add a fucking stat panel back, stats are too important to the game, this isn't fucking HOTS.

Yeah, for a game that makes millions each year this UI is embarrassing

Don't get me started on how awful the bots are, not as in they do something silly from time to time, I mean completely broken from the start of the game. Any new player who tries to learn this game vs bots is going to quit in no time.

i dont know why they seem opposed to having different UI options. Like, maybe I want a stat panel with a proper backing that i can read at a glance, and maybe someone else wants it integrated in to the sleeker UI. Why not have both since they've designed a million fucking revisions?

bbd23

Yeah, for a game that makes millions each year this UI is embarrassing

Don't get me started on how awful the bots are, not as in they do something silly from time to time, I mean completely broken from the start of the game. Any new player who tries to learn this game vs bots is going to quit in no time.

man the bots are FUCKED this patch. I was trying to learn earth spirit and they do nothing but buy multiple animal couriers and wards

Top Bottom