• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

RS4-

Well that's shit, I don't know how hard it is to actually get 35k points outside of your daily bonus. My second game ended with that whole server load stuff, game is now in my history, but the points are not. I'm still at 37k from the first game lol.

Qvoth

holy shit free mode by valve?
AU7Amsc.gif

thought they don't do that anymore, will check this out and hopefully get some stuff

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Dug around and found the round payouts:

Round 1 48
Round 2 60
Round 3 72
Round 4 88
Round 5 0
Round 6 100
Round 7 118
Round 8 136
Round 9 158
Round 10 0
Round 11 180
Round 12 208
Round 13 236
Round 14 262
Round 15 1000

Max Total 2666

Quesa

Round 1 48
Round 2 60
Round 3 72
Round 4 88
Round 5 0
Round 6 100
Round 7 118
Round 8 136
Round 9 158
Round 10 0
Round 11 180
Round 12 208
Round 13 236
Round 14 262
Round 15 1000

Max Total 2666

Guess I'll stick to one per day with the daily bonus. Got over 35k without knowing wtf was going on. And though it's BS that you can get old chests, at least the recycling isn't completely fucked (20k points).

RS4-

Round 1 48
Round 2 60
Round 3 72
Round 4 88
Round 5 0
Round 6 100
Round 7 118
Round 8 136
Round 9 158
Round 10 0
Round 11 180
Round 12 208
Round 13 236
Round 14 262
Round 15 1000

Max Total 2666

Guess I'll stick to one per day with the daily bonus. Got over 35k without knowing wtf was going on. And though it's BS that you can get old chests, at least the recycling isn't completely fucked (20k points).

Lol that is so bad. Only doing the daily then.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I wonder what the bonus is. got 36k from level 6. isn't it a multiple of the base amount or just a flat bonus?

Also, whats the best draft? disruptor and pa seem like the better picks.

Chris R

Event is ok I guess.

Tree was worthless, Tiny took too long for me to get online since I was running away low health and not farming afk like sniper or ember. Finally got my items and then the gigantic tides show up and destroy us lol

At least I got my item.

yarden24

Round 1 48
Round 2 60
Round 3 72
Round 4 88
Round 5 0
Round 6 100
Round 7 118
Round 8 136
Round 9 158
Round 10 0
Round 11 180
Round 12 208
Round 13 236
Round 14 262
Round 15 1000

Max Total 2666

I played 1 game got to round 13 and got 42,000 points

Twookie

fuck you valve for putting the phoenix skin behind EXTREMELY rare

i mean i already knew that valve would pull this shit but come ooooooon

Hylian7

It's a channel, you aim it and it throws a bunch of daggers.

Yeah, that threw me off too. I was trying to cast it like normal Dagger.

Someone explain to me why Luna and Mirana aren't playable in an event about Selemene and the Dark Moon...especially when they are heroes with good AoE stuff for this kind of mode.

I have a Muslim name but a German passport. Will I have trouble getting a visa for California? Never been to the States but intending to do so in ~September.

Hylian7

I'm glad they took the best seasonal game mode and made it even better (Wraith Night). It's very difficult, but definitely a lot of fun. My only complaint is there aren't that many available heroes, and a few odd ones missing IMO (QoP???)

Also they don't really outline the difference on Medusa's Mystic Snake, that it turns anything it hits to stone briefly.

Jadax

I have a Muslim name but a German passport. Will I have trouble getting a visa for California? Never been to the States but intending to do so in ~September.

Pretty sure your name could be Osama Bin Laden and no one will bat an eyelid if you have a powerful passport. The issues start when your passport is from Africa/Middle East/ South Asia/South America.

How long will you be here? If it's a short visit you shouldn't need a visa, I don't need one when I go to Germany. The U.S. loves German passports.

The name will not be an issue except perhaps at the airport, which you may already be used to.

Red UFO

Yeah, that threw me off too. I was trying to cast it like normal Dagger.

Someone explain to me why Luna and Mirana aren't playable in an event about Selemene and the Dark Moon...especially when they are heroes with good AoE stuff for this kind of mode.
"For millennia, the warriors of the Nightsilver Woods have stood vigilant against vile forces intent on the advent of a Dark Moon, earning both title and divine charge in sacred defense of the Goddess Selemene. But now, as the night of the new moon falls, Selemene’s chosen lie helpless behind her temple walls, victims of an arcane slumber that has left the temple grounds undefended."

How long will you be here? If it's a short visit you shouldn't need a visa, I don't need one when I go to Germany. The U.S. loves German passports.

The name will not be an issue except perhaps at the airport, which you may already be used to.

All right, thanks. I'm intending to stay for 10-14 days. Not sure yet.

Jadax

It's infuriating that anyone would need to ask this.

Why? Better be safe than sorry. Unfortunately a few rotten eggs have ruined it for a community, but over the last 10 or so years there is predominantly one faction of humans that have shown greater tendencies to move towards extreme religion which has involved violence towards other humans - which has ultimately led to this profiling.

But as I said above, what's looked at first and foremost is your passport.

Qvoth

got a very rare sven set from an old treasure chest after finishing my 1st dark moon game :3

my brother who plays dota more likes sven and i wanna give it to him, but it says not tradeable or marketable, and there's no option to gift wrap it when i right click, can anyone explain?
wtzgU.gif

Hylian7

"For millennia, the warriors of the Nightsilver Woods have stood vigilant against vile forces intent on the advent of a Dark Moon, earning both title and divine charge in sacred defense of the Goddess Selemene. But now, as the night of the new moon falls, Selemene’s chosen lie helpless behind her temple walls, victims of an arcane slumber that has left the temple grounds undefended."

Pffffft

If they were playable it wouldn't be the first time Dota screwed up it's own lore.

It's infuriating that anyone would need to ask this.

NA Politics 4Head

Why? Better be safe than sorry. Unfortunately a few rotten eggs have ruined it for a community, but over the last 10 or so years there is predominantly one faction of humans that have shown greater tendencies to move towards extreme religion which has involved violence towards other humans - which has ultimately led to this profiling.

Yeah no. Also lol at you using the word "faction" like a dog whistle.

Hylian7

...Dude are you serious right now?

Did you seriously just justify racial profiling?!

Top Bottom