• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

Wok

The Bladeform Legacy Update

Today, the mask is unveiled. Juggernaut's Arcana is now available. Featuring a custom Dragon Spirit ancestor and all-new animations and effects, the Bladeform Legacy marks a new chapter for the wandering warrior from the Isle of Masks.

In patch news, this release includes a new Captains Mode interface, a redesigned model for Jakiro, the 7.03 gameplay update, and various improvements to game performance. Head over to The Bladeform Legacy Update page for more information on all of the changes.

To celebrate today's update, this weekend's Battle Cup is free to all players. You don't need an entry ticket or a Battle Pass—just party up and join the queue by your local start time to answer the call to glory.

I have just seen that blog post. I hope it is not old.

Twookie

post is brand new, dunn worry

i like design of the arcana, although the colours are a bit...bland? genuinely considering buying it
most likely wont, though

ember spirit magic build got dicked, but lone druid remains pretty much untouched?

shira

Whoah that tp animation
jugg_arcana.gif

I don't even play this game anymore but I like the general changes to slow the game down, let farm/split push tactics be more viable and weaken the "RARRARGH TEAM FIGHT TEAM FIGHT ALL THE TIME" meta that's been so dominant. Taking a set of barracks at 20 minutes was a big sign that one side was getting roflstomped when I first started playing, but recently it seems like an overly high percentage of pro games are over at 25 minutes or so.

Shadow Shaman seems like he got huge buffs, is that just because he was unpicked at Kiev qualifiers? +18 damage boost and +1 armor at the cost of -100 attack range seems like a trade off people would be happy to make. With the new change to armor on towers it seems even better for him to just split push a lane by himself with Serpent Wards.

MoM isn't an item popular in the meta right? I thought it would become one when it got the rework but I guess everyone just bought Helm instead.

Hylian7

Jakiro!!!

I'll have to look at the Jugg Arcana in game, but I will likely buy.

Also Monkey King in Captains Mode... That was FAST. I think they might have jumped the gun on putting him in CM.

Qvoth

shadow shaman the only hero not picked and yet his buffs are
wtzgU.gif

i think low % picked heroes will see more picks, some of those buffs are pretty big

mooncakes

Sometimes I really hate this game. I had a team who pick techies and just fed constantly everytime he respawn. I hope that random guy enjoy low priority.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Man IF shit on Pudge. Once again a hero I'm obsessed with gets dumpstered. You can set a watch to this shit. I think I'm going to play techies every match now so IF just deletes it from the game.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Holy shit the Pudge hook speed....

What the fuck is this video game even????

Twookie

Good, it always made no sense to pull heroes out of Euls.
I actually think it was a cool interaction.

I do remember the first time I got hooked out of Euls, I legit thought the game was bugged and was mad af
Guess the hero.
Someone on reddit posted a pic of the TI6 courier with the crimson red and gold colourscheme unlocked. The arcana with that colourscheme would be so goddamn nice me thinks.

Kopite

afaik bane's nightmare gives you a few frames of invulnerability just before the sleep effect kicks in or something like that
Someone just posted a gif of all the interactions of the new hook. It doesn't latch on to anyone under Nightmare or Song.

Played my first post patch game vs a Pudge and thought he was going to get rekt with the changes. Ended up getting hooked 3 times in the first 5 minutes. Fuck Pudge
sick.gif

pudge slays and needs more buffs, also icons like DOOM and necro

but I'm boycotting playing until they fix the unified commands thing

even junkiro rework is boring af

was imp right?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Someone on reddit posted a pic of the TI6 courier with the crimson red and gold colourscheme unlocked. The arcana with that colourscheme would be so goddamn nice me thinks.

i dunno i think they really nailed the whole juggernaut aesthetic. i know the first thing i think of with that hero is 'glowing blue zombie, with ghosts'.

Demoli

That rabid cd nerf is so big, it went from 100 uptime to 66.

And it probably hits classic druid more than the solo build. I still don't get why he didnt just swap the hero/bear talent among other nerfs.

Hylian7

That rabid cd nerf is so big, it went from 100 uptime to 66.

And it probably hits classic druid more than the solo build. I still don't get why he didnt just swap the hero/bear talent among other nerfs.
Yeah, I don't understand that at all. I had really hoped Icefrog would nerf Lone Sniper and make classic Lone Druid good again.

I get playing heroes differently, like Void going from safelane to initiator, but those still keep the core principles of the hero. Lone Sniper throws the bear out the window for the most part, and really defeats the concept of the hero.

Artanisix

i think frog just wants to tone down druid and not see him have such a massive p/b rate first before cleaning up the range vs bear stuff

Top Bottom