• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
The Mass Effect gif thread has slain my life. Greetings from the great beyond my dudes and dudettes.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
VgWtvvA.gif

have been laughing my ass off the entire day because of those gifs, too fucking good

it's SO bad

One the one hand, I'm dying of laughter.

On the other, I feel bad a studio without the experience and polish to make a new Mass Effect entry was given the chance and they're getting eviscerated.

Twookie

Oh my FUCKING god

giphy.gif

Games' rushed to hell

On the other, I feel bad a studio without the experience and polish to make a new Mass Effect entry was given the chance and they're getting eviscerated.

true, but apparently the game was in dev for 5 years?

probably some hefty mismanagement that went on during development, because my god SOMEONE there must've thought "man we can't really ship our game with animations looking like this"

true, but apparently the game was in dev for 5 years?

probably some hefty mismanagement that went on during development, because my god SOMEONE there must've thought "man we can't really ship our game with animations looking like this"

Blue gal looks alright, human gal looks like she's chewing on something all the time, and the gun being backwards is lmao.

This will be one hell of a Noclip video in a decade...

Twookie

Blue gal looks alright, human gal looks like she's chewing on something all the time, and the gun being backwards is lmao.

This will be one hell of a Noclip video in a decade...
For sure.

I'm not sure what to call femryder's resting face, it's amazingly awkward.

I'm really starting to feel for the dev team, there's no way they wanted to ship it out like this :-(

LiQuid!

They had 5 years and they've been developing games for more than 10 years. Bad games. Shovelware shitdev Wii games and Army of Two. Amazing that EA and/or Bioware would even give them one of their flagship and most well-loved (ME3 ending aside) RPG franchises. I'd feel bad if/when people start losing their jobs, but until then they need to be taken to task for releasing such a damn mess.

Not even sure this qualifies as rushed. The game just looks inept. How much development time would it have taken to make it not look literally sub-budget bin tier?

Hylian7

I'm probably actually going to go take on Ganon today after thoroughly exploring (and there's still more shit I want to see). This game...wew lad.

Twookie

there's a lot of good games coming out now though :/

haven't played yakuza, nier, GR2 or horizon yet and I want all of them
lina-tsun.gif

e: just most of the games i want are japanese, am I a closet weeb now?

I'm probably actually going to go take on Ganon today after thoroughly exploring (and there's still more shit I want to see). This game...wew lad.

I still need one more dungeon and a bunch more shrines... I really thought that i would have time to finish zelda before nier came out but the game was a lot larger than i had initially expected. I keep getting distracted from doing the main quest!

Twookie

Does your gaming setup look like this?

lol is that np's house?
ye it is
fakeedit; o just noticed the title in the quotes

I'm playing Horizon now, and then only Japanese Yakuza, Nier, GR2, Fucking Persona 5, Odin Sphere, FF15(?).

oh yeah persona too. I might buy that too, but not sure yet. If I need to play the first 4 games to understand the game I probably won't

lol is that np's house?
ye it is

oh yeah persona too. I might buy that too, but not sure yet. If I need to play the first 4 games to understand the game I probably won't

I'm 99% sure that you won't need to play any of the earlier Persona games to enjoy 5.
Edit: You probably should tho if you enjoy JRPG's!

Hylian7

lol is that np's house?
ye it is

You don't need to play the other Persona games to understand P5. They have similar mechanics and such, but they are all separate stories other than some characters being connected, but otherwise are separate.

Similar manner to the SMT games, where only SMT2 is a direct sequel to SMT1. And 3 and 4 are separate.

shira

I love dreamleague, great production values, meme-tastic presentation, and good time slot (for me) to have a twitch stream in the background for.

I just hope they don't get wrecked again by all the teams quitting the league half way again.

I don't know why any TI bound team would play in this
2-3 weeks before TI in Atlanta, that heartbed of nobodygivesafuckabout Dota.

Twookie

You don't need to play the other Persona games to understand P5. They have similar mechanics and such, but they are all separate stories other than some characters being connected, but otherwise are separate.

Similar manner to the SMT games, where only SMT2 is a direct sequel to SMT1. And 3 and 4 are separate.

I'm 99% sure that you won't need to play any of the earlier Persona games to enjoy 5.
Edit: You probably should tho if you enjoy JRPG's!

cool, I'll probably buy it because I've heard a lot of good things about Persona in general, and that preview thread's consensus seem pretty glowing.

don't think I'll bother to play the previous entries just yet though, depends on how well the game wows me.

Twookie

Does DOTA 2 take place on earth? I heard storm say (headphone users, be careful!) this line a couple of games ago. Is there any lore to back that up?

definitely not on earth, this is just some 4th wall breaking i'm 99.9999999% sure

the old client used to have a map of the dota world, not sure where that went.

I don't know why any TI bound team would play in this
2-3 weeks before TI in Atlanta, that heartbed of nobodygivesafuckabout Dota.

The ticket page says Dreamhack Atlanta is September 28th, that should be *after* TI, no?

Only awkward thing I see is that if you have teams that do well enough in the league portion (which I assume will be at least a month or so before TI) to qualify for the LAN final, do super poorly at TI then rage quit and disband.

shira

The ticket page says Dreamhack Atlanta is September 28th, that should be *after* TI, no?

Only awkward thing I see is that if you have teams that do well enough in the league portion (which I assume will be at least a month or so before TI) to qualify for the LAN final, do
super poorly at TI then rage quit and disband.

https://usa.dreamhack.com/
https://atlanta.dreamhack.com/17/
Says 21-23 July

I guess you could go for the payday and not show what you have been practicing for months

Dude.. i just looked up that old map, check this
I'm at the bottom of the Mariana's Trench in a dumpster

Top Bottom