• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

Artanisix

2/10
charm_disapprove.gif

kunk-rum.gif

jim is an idiot

he doesnt even follow his own grading rubric rofl

also forgot that ti ticket sales are today SHIT

shira

jim is an idiot

he doesnt even follow his own grading rubric rofl

also forgot that ti ticket sales are today SHIT

2 (Bad): A 2 represents a straight-up bad game. A thorough disaster, there is no hope of a positive experience ever shining through all the broken features and atrocious ideas. Only the truly desperate will be able to dig through the mire and find something passable.

Hmmm this sounds like a review for all my pub games.

Yazzees

there's too many british accents on youtube whining about framerates and stoking meta-drama

literally a cottage industry at this point

Yazzees

Is Persona the one where it's a bishoujo dating sim during the day then you fight monsters between classes

yes it is the premier "i wish i was a japanese high schooler and also living in an anime" simulator

9.5/10's all around

bene, bene

Hylian7

I need to go look at the Yooka-Laylee reviews. From what I gather, framerates are the issue? What about the PC version?

Amazon still hasn't shipped my copy of Persona 5, but says it will arrive before 8PM.
I just got a notification saying mine arrived.

Yazzees

it's not primarily the framerate although the console versions have their hiccups, it's mainly reviewers going "meh i don't like 3D platformers. 6/10" and "wtf this isnt the witcher 3 at all, 4/10"

i don't think any backers are disappointed tbh. i hate to sound like i'm apologizing for this game but the 2's and 3's it's gotten are total bullshit imo. it doesn't fail at what it sets out to do. we're just in such a AAA ~le rich open world~ fever that i think games like this are just going to suffer in scores as a matter of course unless they also have thick japanese quirkiness like nier or persona.

Hylian7

it's not primarily the framerate although the console versions have their hiccups, it's mainly reviewers going "meh i don't like 3D platformers. 6/10" and "wtf this isnt the witcher 3 at all, 4/10"

i don't think any backers are disappointed tbh. i hate to sound like i'm apologizing for this game but the 2's and 3's it's gotten are total bullshit imo. it doesn't fail at what it sets out to do. we're just in such a AAA ~le rich open world~ fever that i think games like this are just going to suffer in scores as a matter of course unless they also have thick japanese quirkiness like nier or persona.
I just went and read some of the reviews and I agree... They all sound like a game I would like, yet the reviewer didn't like it. It's really bizarre.

It's not like I was expecting Breath of the Wild out of Yooka-Laylee.

Gaaraz

Just had a game with a Kunkka using his abilities to troll us all game as a 4 stack, calling us retards and generally being utterly toxic.

Yesterday I was watching one of my favourite streamers play (also in a 4 stack) whilst the solo player on his team raged and started calling everyone the n word.

What annoys me is that nothing will happen to these people. The opposition are unlikely to report them (though I would personally) because they helped secure an easy win for them. Even if they are reported, what's the worst case scenario here for them, they get sent to LP for a few games?

I really wish there was some sort of filter where it didn't pair you with people like this. Luckily it's super rare that I encounter people like it, but it really puts me off the game :/

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Amazon finally shipped my copy of Persona, will be here... before 8PM.

Looks like Yooka-Laylee is literally just Banjo Kazooie. Which I didn't like, so I'm glad I didn't buy it.

Artanisix

Just had a game with a Kunkka using his abilities to troll us all game as a 4 stack, calling us retards and generally being utterly toxic.

Yesterday I was watching one of my favourite streamers play (also in a 4 stack) whilst the solo player on his team raged and started calling everyone the n word.

What annoys me is that nothing will happen to these people. The opposition are unlikely to report them (though I would personally) because they helped secure an easy win for them. Even if they are reported, what's the worst case scenario here for them, they get sent to LP for a few games?

I really wish there was some sort of filter where it didn't pair you with people like this. Luckily it's super rare that I encounter people like it, but it really puts me off the game :/

mute, disable help. We get some really shit pubs when my stack queues and my stack gets way too fuckin tilted by them. Expect them to be the worst and just play while ignoring their presence.

Hylian7

Hopefully I will have better luck with the finals ticket tonight. During the first wave, I could only do it from my phone. Tonight I will have my desktop, laptop, phone, and a friend trying to snipe a ticket for me (I'll PayPal her if she gets it)

Desktop, laptop, and phone all ready...

Edit: Got finals! Now I have both!

Congrats!

IN READING REDDIT BALANCE SUGGESTIONS H E L P

OH GOD WHY DON'T DO THAT IT'S BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH

The closer you get the more expensive they are :( gonna book my place today tho

Let me know how much it set ya back! I'm gonna start planning for next year.

Also EVO doubled their venue space and it'll be a five minute indoor walk from my hotel. Hell yeah. Kind of worth paying so much for the hotel room now.

Gaaraz

mute, disable help. We get some really shit pubs when my stack queues and my stack gets way too fuckin tilted by them. Expect them to be the worst and just play while ignoring their presence.
Woah! I didn't know you could disable help, that's super useful - thank you!

Just had another similar game somehow, where the very first thing a team mate said (as the hero loadout started) - "mid or feed" - and unsurprisingly he spent the entire game raging too. Mute and disable help is such a nice solution, thanks!

Chris R

Booked my airbnb, not ideal (should have booked AS SOON as the dates were confirmed) but I wasn't even 100% sure I was going to attend at all until yesterday.

What is EVO budget like?

We're gonna have 6 people total in the hotel but EVO is even better than TI because they have the console space open and Vegas is up all night so no one really cares about space and all that.

But basically, for me it's:

Registration / Venue = $120 (I signed up for like 6 games to enter.)

Hotel = $1,100 (Thursday check in, Monday check out. Mandalay Bay, which is the hotel that is also hosting EVO for the tournaments on Friday and Saturday as well as grand finals on Sunday in their events arena. It's a 4 hour drive to Las Vegas so I didn't want to drive any more the rest of the weekend. I'll probably make back $4-500 of it for letting people use the room though.)

Grand Finals ticket = $100 (For the best seating in the house)

Plus whatever I spend on food and gear and such. I might also get a rental car to take down there so we can all go as one group but eh.

So basically, if I was doing it by myself I'd save a few hundred on the overall cost but I'm getting enough back from splitting the room to pay for registration, the grand finals viewing ticket, and food during the weekend so I don't mind too much.

EVO charging $100 for one day of tournament grand finals versus Valve charging $100 for the full weekday matches is laughable though. But the floor space at EVO is gonna be way bigger than the Key Arena.

Esti

Neo Member
Me and my gf got tickets and we are going to Seattle for the first time!!!

I have some long flight hours from Uruguay tho. We managed to grab some plane tickets with american airlines miles but the total travel time is like 20 hours :| (I think we have to wait 9 hours in Phoenix)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Oh, whoops I totally forgot and no one messaged me, fml.

Hopefully like past years where I couldn't even unload my extras to GAF and someone has a spare Finals.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
how to make pugna a fun and good hero again?

my suggestion: make decrepify (additionally) into a target marker for nether ward. whenever it dings an enemy for spellcasting it also dings a decrepified enemy if they're also in range.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

my suggestion: make decrepify (additionally) into a target marker for nether ward. whenever it dings an enemy for spellcasting it also dings a decrepified enemy if they're also in range.
+25 movement speed

Rorschach

They slowly made him irrelevant by giving everyone some of what he's good at, but I still think he's fun.

They could give him an AOE or multi target aghs suck plus slow? DP gets that for free, so it shouldn't be too much to ask for.

make nether ward heal pugna when he casts spells. or something

Top Bottom