• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

1- 4 today fucking kill me...they were long games too....

i just cant seem to get anything done in the safe lane... im sure im sub 40% WR this patch

i think im just going to spam weaver aba lina necro, they seem to be stompy this patch

shira

https://www.opendota.com/matches/3104726913

- 30k gold throw
- sniper goes basher into abys. . no crimson guard (?)
- treant more interested in planting trees than fighting
- huskar more interested in dagon farming than pushing

so i feel like the NA playerbase is contracting and has been for a year+

any hard numbers to prove me wrong (i hope)
http://steamcharts.com/app/570#All
I think the audience is about the same for TI, but the NA playerbase probably took a dive from switch.

P5 is great so far. Much better opening and story than P3 and P4 IMO.

I also particularly like that this one feels closer to SMT with shadows (and totally not demons) negotiations.

Yeah i am really enjoying too. I love that they made the first arc so fast paced. It just jumps right in the gist of it !
Everything in this game is fast paced actually now that I think about it.

Hylian7

Wait it has negotiations?! I should probably start that soon. How is the ps3 version?
Yes, and PS3 version is fine with the only real difference being the resolution, which isn't a deal breaker for me. It still looks great.

The negotiation is basically where when you down all the enemies (hitting weakness), you get a "Hold up" and can either continue battle like normal, all out attack, or talk, and negotiate for then joining you as a Persona, giving you money, or giving you an item. Negotiation at that point is very much like SMT negotiation.

Yes, and PS3 version is fine with the only real difference being the resolution, which isn't a deal breaker for me. It still looks great.

The negotiation is basically where when you down all the enemies (hitting weakness), you get a "Hold up" and can either continue battle like normal, all out attack, or talk, and negotiate for then joining you as a Persona, giving you money, or giving you an item. Negotiation at that point is very much like SMT negotiation.

Wait. So you actually fight demons in this instead of the masked things from P3 and P4! I've been on total media blackout for this game and i like what i'm hearing so far!

I always prefered the negotiation system from SMT over the shuffle time mechanic in P3 and P4.

Hylian7

Wait. So you actually fight demons in this instead of the masked things from P3 and P4! I've been on total media blackout for this game and i like what i'm hearing so far!

I always prefered the negotiation system from SMT over the shuffle time mechanic in P3 and P4.

They're running around as masked soldiers, but when you enter battle with them they unmask, and they are still called shadows, but they're all SMT demons. No more generic blobs or things stuck in cable TV antennas. You will face Mara, Incubus, etc. I believe most of the demons I have seen so far were Kaneko demons too, although there are some older ones by other artists as well.

shira

https://redd.it/64ak2h said:
Wings Gaming, as an institution, might undergo some changes

There are rumors that their boss has ran off or try to sell the team to others.
There are also rumors that the players haven't been paid for over two months.
The only official word from one of their employees on tieba is that there will be an official statement this week (but i guess it meant next week, someone else also mentioned Apr 17)
Sad if true. These guys are just a bunch of kids that wanna play dotes.
I think they paid a huge chunk of their TI winnings to the owner too.

Sad if true. These guys are just a bunch of kids that wanna play dotes.
I think they paid a huge chunk of their TI winnings to the owner too.

I think Asian organizations tend to favor a system where players pay more of their winnings to the org in exchange for a higher salary. I know Valve pays the players directly, but I think most of them still pay up due to how their contracts are setup.

Qvoth

reading dota 2 tieba now, seems like wings boss wanted to create a lol team and went to korea but got scammed
so now wings are self managing? or self pay? something like that

7.05 balance update boys

Theres nothing there...this game is truely dead

Lina still has her -30 re spawn timer talent. Unless they havnet updated the in game heroes tab

Monkey King ult got nerfed his ult is 130/110/90 sec CD
Brewmaster lvl 25 talent changed to 2000 hp to primal units
Doom lvl 20 talent can devour ancient or 40 doom dps doom lvl 25 talent 40 hp reg or 2% infernal blade damage
Magnus lvl 20 talent change to 10% cleave/damage from 15%
Shadow Shaman lvl 25 talent +350 ether shock damage and lvl 20 talent +3 Shackle duration
Techies lvl 20 +400 blast off damage and lvl 25 talend -60 respawn they switched them
Viper talent lvl 25 +20 armor and lvl 20 talent poison effect buildings.

Kopite

Just had a guy on my team pick NP, not say a word to anyone and proceeded to tele to their base and started feeding himself and the courier. No clue why he was even doing it. Luckily another player on the team soon abandoned so it was only like 10 mins wasted.

Granted you would never get there, but this is kind of hilarious to imagine;

Shadow Shaman: Level 25 Talent changed from +3s Shackles Duration to +350 Ether Shock Damage

Cleaving Laguna Blade.

More Lifestealer nerfs. Wondering how long until he's no longer viable. I imagine a lot of teams are going to go back to Sven soon with all those buffs he just got.

Lina still has her -30 re spawn timer talent

They moved it to level 15 which makes it slightly less annoying.

Hylian7

Want to make lockpicks, Morgana just says "You should get some sleep", go into the dungeon the next day and can't open locked chests, "Shoulda made some lockpicks!"

Fucking cat.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
They needed to delete the Techies -60 respawn rather than just moving it to 25.

I'm not sure about the Doom talent changes. 40 HP regen is good but I'm not sure when you'd get it over the Infernal Blade damage and choosing the Devour talent over the Doom DPS is also puzzling simply because the +crit chance/+dmg aura from the Alpha Wolf is extremely good, especially when paired with something like Vlad's. Very one-sided tree.

I guess the large triceratops has a similar damage aura (albeit lower) that comes with attack speed as well so that might be worth picking up.

elyetis

They needed to delete the Techies -60 respawn rather than just moving it to 25.
By most metrics Techies is in a pretty good balance state, his win rate is only slightly better than average, he is not remotely close to being a first pick/ban in pro play ( is he even played at all ? ), and he doesn't even get picked much in pubs.

That being said I would trade him getting a worst late game by loosing that - respawn if it meant a better early game. Except if played as a combo wombo with blast off, he is now pretty much useless during the first 5-10 minutes.

Red UFO

By most metrics Techies is in a pretty good balance state, his win rate is only slightly better than average, he is not remotely close to being a first pick/ban in pro play ( is he even played at all ? ), and he doesn't even get picked much in pubs.

That being said I would trade him getting a worst late game by loosing that - respawn if it meant a better early game. Except if played as a combo wombo with blast off, he is now pretty much useless during the first 5-10 minutes.

Techies is not in captains mode

Most Linas would rather have +50 damage so the instant spawn bloodstone Lina build should be much worse. But now you can have cast range and damage picked at the same time so the hero might end up being better.
Sumail picked the lsa damage anyway..it will be interesting to see which of the lvl 10 talents he favours

shira

image.php
coaching onyx for kiev

Results will be baffling

inkls

I'm not sure about the Doom talent changes. 40 HP regen is good but I'm not sure when you'd get it over the Infernal Blade damage and choosing the Devour talent over the Doom DPS is also puzzling simply because the +crit chance/+dmg aura from the Alpha Wolf is extremely good, especially when paired with something like Vlad's. Very one-sided tree.

I guess the large triceratops has a similar damage aura (albeit lower) that comes with attack speed as well so that might be worth picking up.

Hmm, if you're not going purely rightclick ancients are still pretty good:
-Golem +15% max hp aoe passive
-That bkb piercing root + reduce base armor of enemies around you by 50% from the new ancients
-black dragon fireball thingy

Had an enemy doom get the golem passive when he had Pudge, centaur, bristleback on his team. They were ridiculously tanky.

shira

Dates of Interest
Kiev Major Group Stages ~Apr 23(?)
t1492925400z1.png

TI7 Main Stage Aug 7
t1502121600z4.png

Pro Dota Results
- Apr 4 DAC 1. iG 2. OG 3. Newbee
- Mar 22 Manila Masters iG qualify for LAN
- Mar 12-14 Kiev Major FL, TnC, iG, iGV, VP, SG, Secret, Onyx qualify for LAN
- Feb 26 SLi3 1. TL 2. VGJ 3. TNC/OG
- Feb 20 D2CL 10 1. Horde 2. Friends 3. Effect/Fieve
- Feb 17 EM 3.0 1. OG 2. Col 3. Onyx/[A]
- Feb 13 DAC 2017 NP and Empire qualify for LAN
- Feb 10 DAC 2017 Faceless and Liquid qualify for LAN
- Feb 3 SLi 3 DC qualify for LAN

K2CHuOO.png

April
Apr 27-30
Kiev Major LAN Kiev, UKR
$3000k
16: EG, OG, Wings, DC, NB, VGJ, iG, iGV, SG, Onyx, VP, Secret, TnC, FL, TL, Mouz

May
May 26-28
The Masters Manila, PHL
$250k
8: EG, OG, NB, Secret, NP, iG, 2 TBD
full listings

Hylian7

Vacation time officially approved, and flight booked for TI. See you guys in Seattle!

Unfortunately the flight is Delta, but it was the only one I could get that didn't return Monday morning at 5am or some shit, and didn't cost an arm and a leg. At least I got it significantly cheaper than others.

And at least it ain't United.

Vacation time officially approved, and flight booked for TI. See you guys in Seattle!

Unfortunately the flight is Delta, but it was the only one I could get that didn't return Monday morning at 5am or some shit, and didn't cost an arm and a leg. At least I got it significantly cheaper than others.

And at least it ain't United.

Have fun!

Also thanks you and all for helping me figure out the budget window for TI next year. Hoping to go!

Twookie

Read through the patch notes just now instead of just skimming through it yesterday

Kaolin the nerf spirit

that techies nerf is so huge jesus christ :-(

icefrog really wants to make shadowstrike qop a thing, that ability has gotten buffs for like 4-5 patches straight now now

Maybe liquid can rise again with Furion as pos 1, matu really likes that hero and he's been getting some nice buffs

Evo budget was interesting. Stream always makes big matches look like the world is ending hype.

You could easily do EVO for cheaper if you were willing to split the costs and drive a bit more during the weekend. But it's a vacation for me lol.

Hopefully it's just as hype IRL but we'll see.

Top Bottom