• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

No respect ban for Abed Meepo.
thinking.gif

Let's go Team Anime!

ANIME LOST
misc-fEEd.png

(I think Envy and MSS are both big anime fans and I'm pretty sure Pie watches some anime too, on DC I think only Mason does? Not too familiar with the rest of the team)

What boots on Axe now?
Power Threads?
rage.gif

Tranquils to roam?

Power Treads if you're ahead?

Anyways, 4 W 2 L in my ranked Calibrations. Beat a team of 2.5ks which is nice considering my goal is to get out of the 1K bracket into 2K with the International Ranked.

I did it last year but forgot to play enough to keep the MMR change...

But I know I'm still garbage at the game. I find it funny so many of my lower MMR matches get decided by who tilts first.

shira

Heroes of the Storm player here; I buy the Battle Pass for The International every year for the client spectation rewards, but I've never tried to actually level it. However, the map reskin this year looks almost too dope to pass up. How much should I expect to play or spend to get the BP to L100?

I was working on making a reddit post for cheap-ass compendium leveling. Basically you can only grind about 60-70 levels without paying money.

These are some of the more popular rewards
150 Reef Edge Immortal Terrain ($67-69 USD worth of compendium levels assuming the cheapest leveling $10 for 24 levels)
207 Waow ($90-92)
225 Kunkka prestige ($97-99)
245 IO Arcana? (105-107)
305 ? creep deny ($129-131)
357 It's a disastah ($150-152)

Earnable points
Daily Hero Challenge (100) very hard imho
May 4th to Sep 1 = 120 days
100% complete = 12,000 = 12 levels
50% = 6 levels
25% = 3 levels

Weekly Challenges (300x2) easy
May 4th to Sep 1 = 17 weeks
100% complete = 600 x 17 = 10,200 = 10.2 levels
50% = 5.1 levels
25% = 2.55 levels

Slark Rumble very easy
max 4000 x 17 = 68,000 = 68 levels
min 500 x 17 = 8,500 = 8.5 levels

Tokens (You get more tokens/week at different levels) hard imho
Level 1-109
100% winrate 17 x 1000 = 17,000 = 17 levels
50% winrate = 8.5 levels
25% winrate = 4.25 levels

Level 110-262
100% 17 x 1500 = 25,500 = 25.5 levels
50% = 12.75 levels
25% = 6.375 levels

Level 263-382
100% 17 x 2000 = 34,000 = 34 levels
50% = 17 levels
25% = 8.5 levels

Level 383+
100% 17 x 3000 = 51,000 = 51 levels
50% = 25.5 levels
25% = 12.75 levels

Achievements (21.6 levels)
100% = 47.65 levels (requires spending money)
Hard core + spending $0 (no tipping, no battle cup, opening no treasures) = 21.6 levels
Non player (full points for: Trivia, Vote, Predictions) = 12.85 levels
Casual player + spending $0 (same as above except finish 2nd highest level on quests and challenges) = 16.6 levels

Quests (29.2 levels)
Navigator Path easy
100% = 10 levels
50% = 5 levels
25% = 2.5 levels

Wave Breaker Path medium
100% = 10 levels
50% = 5 levels
25% = 2.5 levels

Rising Tide Path harder
100% = 9.2 levels
50% = 4.6 levels
25% = 2.3 levels

But basically if you finish the weekly challenges every week, get the 500 point slark ball every week, win 50% of your tokens, finish most of the quests, do the trivia, and prediction achievements you can get ~60-70 levels ($25-30).
~40-50 levels if you are not having much success.
~20 levels if you just do the voting and spectating.

- If you want the terrain and you bought the 75 level pack you can earn the terrain with a little bit of grinding and playing all 17 weeks.
- If you want the Io you will probably need to buy 3-4x 24 level boosts (6-7x if you just bought the level 1)
- If you want the Kunkka sharkboat you will probably need to buy 2-3x 24 level boosts (5-6x if you just bought the level 1)

*You can also recycle all you treasures. At level 150 you would have 13 chests or +26 levels

**There are also predictions, fantasy challenge, multiplayer campaign, bonus kunkka quest, bundle deals, creator's cache chest, group tribute tokens, tips etc

Gaaraz

Just won our first two battle cup games quite comfortably going with a similar lineup each time - and all of the heroes we've been playing were banned.

How did they do this? I'm thinking dotabuff, is there any way to set my profile to be private? I use the site a lot so don't want to delete my account :(

shira

Just won our first two battle cup games quite comfortably going with a similar lineup each time - and all of the heroes we've been playing were banned.

How did they do this? I'm thinking dotabuff, is there any way to set my profile to be private? I use the site a lot so don't want to delete my account :(

Settings> Options> Advanced Options > Social> Uncheck Expose Publich Match Data

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Settings> Options> Advanced Options > Social> Uncheck Expose Publich Match Data

Would also suggest changing your Steam handle directly after as people can still see your old stats.

Gaaraz

Thanks guys! Will do that now.

After having our picks sniped, we came up against a couple of guys with 4x our MMR too, so ez loss in the final unfortunately :(

(Edit) Wait up, that means none of my information will be sent to DotaBuff/OpenDota right? Long shot, but is there a way I can have it on there, but only I can see it?

shira

Thanks guys! Will do that now.

After having our picks sniped, we came up against a couple of guys with 4x our MMR too, so ez loss in the final unfortunately :(

(Edit) Wait up, that means none of my information will be sent to DotaBuff/OpenDota right? Long shot, but is there a way I can have it on there, but only I can see it?

It's either exposed or hidden.

Gaaraz

Thanks. I've spoken with the other team and they said they just saw our picks from the Battle Cup tournament bracket page anyway. Meh.

On the one hand, I get it, if you play one hero way better than all the others you deserve to be punished, but on the other hand it sucks because it makes it difficult to play a hero you enjoy.

Can someone explain to me these DP Ults by Envy? Seems like he's always popping them prematurely, and doesn't take any objectives after the fights with them.

Vimes

What year is it??

I was working on making a reddit post for cheap-ass compendium leveling. Basically you can only grind about 60-70 levels without paying money.

Guh, what a boner. I hate Valve's gambling nightmare economy. Guess I'm not getting the map reskin unless I find a job soon.

Thanks a lot for the info though. I've started playing, and I'm enjoying learning the game on its own merits. Just gotta put the stupid lures out of my mind and be happy with what is actually humanly possible to unlock.

To live under the sea, you must become a whale.

I honestly think TB might get picked up by C9, if NP really does want to stay as their own thing. C9 probably want a team with better results and Misery's been with them before.

Qvoth

the thing is, envy is a bad captain but he's too prideful to realize and accept that
it's not a coincidence his only lan win in recent years was under secret

Gaaraz

I played the Battle Cup last night and won two games, however for the Battle Pass quest it said 'Battle Pass Quests are not available for this match'

So how exactly are you supposed to do the quest which is to win 3 Battle Pass games? Also it sucks that I'm going to have to spend money to get this quest, and even more money due to this :(

Top Bottom