• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

shira

reading bulldog's ama stuff, surprised he doesn't think he'll ever return to the pro scene
i like that he thinks highly of mid1

None of the TI winners seem to have any drive to win again.

Puppey also answered a question in all chat

22:28 Weaver: hey puppey can you give me some info about what happened with eternalenvy
23:23 ppy: whats there to talk about
23:32 Weaver: idk man i was wondering whats ur side of the story
23:35 ppy: he has a video of me where i hit monitor
23:45 ppy: and told everyone im some kind of bully murderer

Chris R

G5, here we go.

Also, I wasn't a lazy fuck this weekend and finally have my main desktop rebuilt and in it's new semi-permanent home. Now to get a barstool to game on since I don't like this cheap thing I'm sitting on now

EternalEnvy-Dota-2-Cloud-9.jpg

Rorschach

reading bulldog's ama stuff, surprised he doesn't think he'll ever return to the pro scene
i like that he thinks highly of mid1

He says all the time that he'd rather just get paid to play videogames at home. He'd have to quit streaming and go pro full time. Plus, his reflexes aren't where they used to be.

inkls

Puppey also answered a question in all chat

22:28 Weaver: hey puppey can you give me some info about what happened with eternalenvy
23:23 ppy: whats there to talk about
23:32 Weaver: idk man i was wondering whats ur side of the story
23:35 ppy: he has a video of me where i hit monitor
23:45 ppy: and told everyone im some kind of bully murderer

Its not like a dota game is a good place to go at length to talk about these things, but I like how he completely ignores all the other stuff put up against him.

Also I really hate how people keep bringing that W33 quote saying that "It wasn't as bad as Envy made it out to be, it made me a better person" to downplay what EE said.

The worst of it to me though is the quote. I might be wrong, but that sounds exactly like the kind of shit someone who gets bullied says. Why I think that is because that's exactly the same sentence (apart from the names) I used when I was getting bullied in HS.

The kind of stuff where a guy grabs you and slams you into a wall and makes you bleed. Denial is the kind of mentality that makes you see that kind of stuff and say "oh it wasn't as bad, it helped me become a better person." Trying to go through the mental gymnastics to blame yourself for what you're going through.

I might be completely wrong about it, but I just really hate seeing that quote being brought up to try to downplay what Puppey did.

shira

Dates of Interest
Roster drop day May 16

Roster lock day May 24

Next LAN: SLi Invitational 2
t1495076400z1.png

TI main event
t1502121600z4.png

Pro Dota Results
- May 14 Summit NP qualify for LAN
- May 14 EPICENTER LFY and TB qualify for LAN
- May 6 Manila Masters Clutch qualify for LAN
- Apr 30 Kiev Major 1. OG 2. VP 3. EG/iG
- Apr 23 Zotac Fnatic qualify for LAN
- Apr 20 Zotac iG qualify for LAN
- Apr 17 Wings Gaming becomes Team Random
- Apr 17 Zotac Stan qualify for LAN
- Apr 16 SLiI#2 iG qualify for LAN

May
May 18-21
SLi Invitational 2 Shanghai, CN
$100k
8: VGJ, Newbee, iG, Vega, TL, FL, [A], Tnc

May 26-28
The Masters Manila, PHL
$250k
8: EG, OG, NB, Secret, NP, iG, FL, Clutch

May 30-Jun 3
Zotac Cup Masters Tapei, TW
$100k
8: C9, Stan, Zotac, iG, singularity, fnatic, 2 TBD

Its not like a dota game is a good place to go at length to talk about these things, but I like how he completely ignores all the other stuff put up against him.

Also I really hate how people keep bringing that W33 quote saying that "It wasn't as bad as Envy made it out to be, it made me a better person" to downplay what EE said.

The worst of it to me though is the quote. I might be wrong, but that sounds exactly like the kind of shit someone who gets bullied says. Why I think that is because that's exactly the same sentence (apart from the names) I used when I was getting bullied in HS.

The kind of stuff where a guy grabs you and slams you into a wall and makes you bleed. Denial is the kind of mentality that makes you see that kind of stuff and say "oh it wasn't as bad, it helped me become a better person." Trying to go through the mental gymnastics to blame yourself for what you're going through.

I might be completely wrong about it, but I just really hate seeing that quote being brought up to try to downplay what Puppey did.

Honestly EE seemed pissed about the money and the video card.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Waiting for 5 hour Purge patch analysis

Camps on odd minute spawns was probably my least favorite change in Dota ever. Glad to see it reverted

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Now that neutrals are back to 1 min global respawn instead of 2 minutes, does that mean we will finally stop seeing 10 midas purchases in every game now because there wasn't enough farm in the game for everybody?

pislit

as a support i dont like the solar crest change. i use it to blind the carries that are attacking me haha

underlord's scepter is fucked up

Hylian7

neutrals are back to 1 minute?!?! YES

that was my least favorite change about 7.00. I actually hated that

Yeah I'm really happy about that too. I miss my fat stacks.

Refresher Orb
Refresh now replenishes charge-based abilities

This is nice, and I wondered if they would ever address this.

Soul Ring
Now requires a Mango instead of a 150 recipe

Better hold onto your Mangoes

Sand King
Caustic Finale is no longer a Unique Attack Modifier

Thank fucking god, it was stupid that this one remained a UAM for the longest time while so many others were no longer UAMs.

Level 25 Talent from +20% Vampiric Aura Lifesteal to Reincarnation Casts Wraithfire Blast [?]
Does this pick a target to throw it at or what? It says replaces the slow, but if it's just one target, that sounds like a lousy deal.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I'm really really really rreeeeeaaaalllly not going to miss -respawn time talents.

bbd23

Night Stalker
Hunter in the Night can now be activated during the night to grant Night Stalker flying movement for 2 seconds. Cooldown 26/22/18/14. Mana cost 50. 1200 Vision.

come again?

Qvoth

wtfwtfwtfwtf 7.06 outta nowhere!!!
reading now

deso no longer uam?
heavens halberd can't be dispelled by spell immunity?
2nd roshan onwards drops cheese
2 runes on both sides after 40 minutes
i don't get earth spirit's change, pulling allies is no longer locked to aghs but you still need aghs to enchant remnant allies anyway, so in essence nothing is changed?
wtzgU.gif

plenty of interesting new talents to replace the respawn stuff

edit: oh shit there are more changes below
axe scepter seems crazy good wtf
hahaha aghs dazzle grave becomes aoe!!!!
lc aghs duel makes her spell immune? huh i think that's actually pretty good now?
holy fuck aghs medusa sounds fucking insane
mk ulti no longer copies basher/abyssal is a pretty big deal i'd say
nightstalker is legit scary now
underlord aghs might mean he's back? he can farm it pretty easily too

Hylian7

i don't get earth spirit's change, pulling allies is no longer locked to aghs but you still need aghs to enchant remnant allies anyway, so in essence nothing is changed?

You just pull an ally without using Enchant Remnant on them. It's just like how it used to be when the hero came out, except behind a talent.

I think the Clinkz adjustment is fine. PL still not a hero. Earthshaker getting True Strike and that huge Fissure talent sounds cool, might try to offlane him in a game vs PA.

Big-E

I don't know how I feel about the respawn talents. I have lost games where we would have an almost 2-1 kill advantage, but the respawn talents on their cores was enough to stop our pushes from being super successful allowing them more time to build up and get fat which drew out games. But I think that it is interesting that those talents could allow teams that are losing to delay and hold out.

Top Bottom