• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

Homing Missile initial delay reduced from 3 to 2.5 seconds

GG MOST OP HERO IN THE GAME INSTA WIN

inkls

I don't know how I feel about the respawn talents. I have lost games where we would have an almost 2-1 kill advantage, but the respawn talents on their cores was enough to stop our pushes from being super successful allowing them more time to build up and get fat which drew out games. But I think that it is interesting that those talents could allow teams that are losing to delay and hold out.

It was super annoying to focus a lion down at the start of a fight since his disables were what won them fights only to have him come back almost immediately.

It was already dumb when meepo used to have the 10/20/30% respawn reduction tied to his ult that made it super hard to win against him since he was always back up quickly.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Holy Persuasion cooldown reduced from 30/26/22/18 to 10
Replaced Respawn Talent: +1000 Creep Health (Level 20)
Waow.

Also AoE Shallow Grave on Dazzle seems pretty good.

I wonder if they will bring any respawn talents back down the line. Removing them all seems pretty extreme (Though about a dozen of them were OP)

BHK3

Banned
Does the deny change make Lich get 130% XP per creep now?

Sacrifice was never a deny.

Chens ult is still garbage. Global mek heal with a cooldown of a blackhole.

GPM talents weren't touched at all surprisingly, I suggest you all continue to pick Phoenix for his +150gpm comeback talent at level 15 before icefrog realizes that most heros get +120gpm at level 20.

Magnus movespeed wasnt changed ingame, go abuse quick with his new scepter.

Wraithkings wraithfire blast uses his ult's AOE which is 900, so when you die you stun everything around you, essentially a slower moving ravage.

Kunkkas Aghs ult wasn't changed, it'll still go to the designated 400 range in front of you though. The ult change made it sound like even aghs ult would crash right on top of you since the boat spawns from within you.

Acinixys

Can you build Urn of Shadows with a partially used Infused Raindrop, or does it need to be a full one?

Must be a full one im sure (looked up, im sure they will patch it by tomorrow)

Mirana buffs yay

MK not getting basher on his ult is going to kill him in competitive

Carry Silencer with aghs is going to crush

Witch Doctor ult is now insane lategame with aghs

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
They changed the small wolf neutral, but listed the change under Doom. I know it impacts him, but I don't think it was mentioned anywhere else:
"Removed critical strike from the small wolves in the jungle, attack damage increased by the same amount"

Airan

Kunkka ship hits where it targets yesssss thank you frosty amphibian my support Kunkka just got nastier with the counter play potential

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, what is a Unique Attack Modifier still? Arcane Orb, Mana Break, and Life Steal? Also about time they made SK's passive not an UAM. Now I can finally go Desolator SK.

shira

Alliance just dropped their roster to have more flexibility before the lock date.

Kunkka ship hits where it targets yesssss thank you frosty amphibian my support Kunkka just got nastier with the counter play potential

nooo my trash boats

Twookie

Not sure of what I think of removing respawn talents just yet. I do like that they're are getting replaced with mostly unique talents(macropyre pure and bkb piercing - waow) , but some heroes really needed it like techies imo for example.

It's probably for the best as it is really annoying to kill a hero and then have the hero come back really fast and stops your push or whatever.

Wait does the Bristleback lvl 20 spell lifesteal talent stack with Octarine? Lmao if so

pretty sure it does, QOP of Pain's talent does atleast.

Qvoth

wait a minute, so does this mean warlock can use bloodstone to suicide and spawn another golem?
does the golem spawn in a drop that does aoe stun as well?

can someone explain witch doctor true strike on death ward? can death ward's attacks miss in the 1st place?

Hylian7

wait a minute, so does this mean warlock can use bloodstone to suicide and spawn another golem?

can someone explain witch doctor true strike on death ward? can death ward's attacks miss in the 1st place?

Better yet, can you take this a step further: Get Bloodstone, Aghs, Refresher, take the Aegis.

Drop ult, Bloodstone suicide, res from Aegis, Refresher, Drop ult again, bloodstone and die again: 6 golems.

Yes, when Warlock dies there's a Chaotic Offering stun centred around his death location.

Reven

Better yet, can you take this a step further: Get Bloodstone, Aghs, Refresher, take the Aegis.

Drop ult, Bloodstone suicide, res from Aegis, Refresher, Drop ult again, bloodstone and die again: 6 golems.

On reddit they say a death with Aegis won't spawn a golem, but still pretty OP plan.

Night Stalker has always been my favorite hero and he was already strong at my low MMR so I'm really gonna love his change.

Hylian7

On reddit they say a death with Aegis won't spawn a golem, but still pretty OP plan.

Night Stalker has always been my favorite hero and he was already strong at my low MMR so I'm really gonna love his change.

I see, well it's still possible to drop ult, die (without aegis), buyback, BoTs in on one of the golems, drop ult again, bloodstone again. That's 6 golems.

5 is still cool though.

Strider

holy shit the ganks n escapes you can pull off with nightstalker now are insane... literally one of my favorite heroes now I think. Just one game in and the patch already feels waaaaay more fun than 7.05.

The patch notes look amazing. Played my last game in late January (worst patch ever) and I'm eager to play a lower paced Dota again.

Yeah these patch notes look great.

I don't even play Dota anymore and I'm still excited about it
charm_smile.gif

Wok

The day has come for the long awaited change.

w1mgN4s.png

And many other cool changes:

Uphill miss chance no longer applies to flying units

Roshan now drops cheese from the second death instead of the third

Except this one:

Riki
  • Base movement speed reduced by 5

Top Bottom