• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

Wok

5tjDqjh.png

NS has wings. It makes sense.

drow frost arrows (no longer uam) + deso + skadi

+ lifesteal?

Basically, everything is possible, except lifesteal on AM and OD.

WHAT THE FUUUUUUCK THESE PATCH NOTES

DESOLATOR NOT AN UAM WHAT WHAT WHAT

NO TP COOLDOWN ON PROPHET WHAT WHAT WHAT

TREE NERFED BECAUSE HE CAN'T BE IMBA FOR MORE THAN A FEW MONTHS WHAT WHAT WHAT

CAUSTIC FINALE FINAL(E) NOT AN UAM YES

is deso now a a must get item for drow?

WAIT A FUCKING MINUTE SHEEVER HAS CANCER??????? Fuck this. This is saddening.

J2d

For the best

Bring back Akke
This made me think, what is your favourite player gaf? I'd give akke a shout though( still thinking), but I do appreciate a player like akke, no streaming presence, no drama or bullshit, a solid support with some great plays..

This made me think, what is your favourite player gaf? I'd give akke a shout though( still thinking), but I do appreciate a player like akke, no streaming presence, no drama or bullshit, a solid support with some great plays..

Got to be Envy. He's the person 16 year old me would have wanted to become.

J2d

Got to be Envy. He's the person 16 year old me would have wanted to become.
I guess somethings has spoiled me on his persona, the time he poured a glad of water on someone, can't remember, I always thought of him as a kind of dysfunctional dick with hilarious plays. Last years ti (?) video with him explaining his motivation or such was pretty good though.

shira

But still 3 in total if you casted your ult first (2) then died afterwards (1)?

Just tested it and it seems to work as I explained above. Even seems to do another stun as warlock dies.

Yeah the top reddit post is:
Go mid with gloves of haste and tangos
Rush Midas
Farm Aghs, Refresher, boots of travel and Bloodstone and get level 20
Ult, deny yourself, buyback, Refresh, BOT back to the fight, ult and deny yourself again
Congrats, you now have 6 golems and 9 reports.

Hylian7

First 7.06 game I played, I hover on Drow and immediately some guy on my team goes "Are you going to pick Drow?" I said "I'm thinking about it." and he says "Well stop thinking about it, hero is trash". I disagreed with him about it, and picked it anyway. He went Legion Commander thinking he would have to carry me.

https://www.opendota.com/matches/3182760072

Windrunner and Pudge did open the game up to snowballing out of control, but man Lifesteal Deso Drow was awesome. Melting towers like no other, a Crystal Maiden walked by and I thought it was an illusion, I killed her in 3 hits. I'm really excited to see how people play Drow this patch.

I've only played two games today, but so far I am liking this patch better than the previous one. I won both games, and it definitely felt like it suited me more.

So what's the Drow build?

Do you go safelane or Mid?

I want to try it tonight. <3 Drow.

*Edit* I guess I can check Hylian's match but more specific info would be dope.

Also my brother is loving the Double Down feature. 4.7K MMR, gained like 200 MMR yesterday lol.

Hylian7

Also my brother is loving the Double Down feature. 4.7K MMR, gained like 200 MMR yesterday lol.
I have to experiment with it more, but safelane was fine honestly. This patch does favor it a bit more. I can see mid being a viable option.

It's crazy how much this Deso change opens the floodgates for. I can do Deso Lifesteal (not the talent) PA for one thing.

Also why the hell was Caustic Finale still a UAM for so long? I felt like it should have had the UAM property removed years ago. I honestly never could see what would be incredibly OP with it.

inkls

You can run her mid, I'm just not a big fan of it. I just feel like if you want to run a drow you go in the safelane shielded by 1-2 supports and get a ranged mid that can create some chaos for you.

Drow is better mid. She needs level 6 more than maybe any other carry other than Slark. Safe lane is fine as long as she is protected long enough to get 6 without much issue, quickly. The sooner she gets to 6, the sooner she can pressure towers, rotate and move to the jungle, giving supports the lane for their leveling.

AQ --> Treads --> Dragon Lance --> whatever you want

You could go fast pike, maelstrom (later to combine with aghs for maximum clear speeds), shadow blade (for picking off and ratting), yasha (later into manta), deso. whatever you think will help you push and fight during the midgame. Your 3rd item should probably be BKB; 4th at the latest. Then whatever you think you need after that. MKB? Daed? Bfly? Skadi? Satanic? AC? Silver Edge? She's a build-a-bear these days.

Just look at what the enemy team wants or needs to do to win and pick your itemization accordingly.

Note: if you're dealing with an illusion carry like TB or PL or Naga, expect to go maelstrom + aghs. If the enemy team has multiple blink dagger buyers, expect to get a BKB earlier than you'd like. If they have some shit like Bristle, expect to get a Silver Edge.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Would it make sense to have some condition (other than Alchemist) that allows aghs to stop taking up an inventory space? Like maybe if you buy a special upgrade (like BoT's level 2) that moves it to the buff slot and frees the inventory slot back up. Even if it costs as much as just buying a 2nd Aghs. Reason I wonder is cause I keep seeing all these new Aghs upgrades for core heroes that nobody in their right mind would ever buy because the item slot is so much more valuable than whatever the effect is (like the useless new Medusa Aghs). If there was a way to pay for it to not take a slot at least these things might find some use in super late games where cores are normally 6 slotted. It would still be rare to see cause the game seems to be getting faster and faster lately, but I think seeing a Medusa spend 8k on a buff-slotted Aghs in a 60 minute game would be way way less rare than seeing one ever purchased for 4k and having it use up a valuable item slot.

Is this crazy talk?

inkls

Drow is better mid. She needs level 6 more than maybe any other carry other than Slark. Safe lane is fine as long as she is protected long enough to get 6 without much issue, quickly. The sooner she gets to 6, the sooner she can pressure towers, rotate and move to the jungle, giving supports the lane for their leveling.

AQ --> Treads --> Dragon Lance --> whatever you want

You could go fast pike, maelstrom (later to combine with aghs for maximum clear speeds), shadow blade (for picking off and ratting), yasha (later into manta), deso. whatever you think will help you push and fight during the midgame. Your 3rd item should probably be BKB; 4th at the latest. Then whatever you think you need after that. MKB? Daed? Bfly? Skadi? Satanic? AC? Silver Edge? She's a build-a-bear these days.

Just look at what the enemy team wants or needs to do to win and pick your itemization accordingly.

Note: if you're dealing with an illusion carry like TB or PL or Naga, expect to go maelstrom + aghs. If the enemy team has multiple blink dagger buyers, expect to get a BKB earlier than you'd like. If they have some shit like Bristle, expect to get a Silver Edge.

She's pretty easy to jump mid though. Most of the time having a single support rotate and she's dead.

Would it make sense to have some condition (other than Alchemist) that allows aghs to stop taking up an inventory space? Like maybe if you buy a special upgrade (like BoT's level 2) that moves it to the buff slot and frees the inventory slot back up. Even if it costs as much as just buying a 2nd Aghs. Reason I wonder is cause I keep seeing all these new Aghs upgrades for core heroes that nobody in their right mind would ever buy because the item slot is so much more valuable than whatever the effect is (like the useless new Medusa Aghs). If there was a way to pay for it to not take a slot at least these things might find some use in super late games where cores are normally 6 slotted. It would still be rare to see cause the game seems to be getting faster and faster lately, but I think seeing a Medusa spend 8k on a buff-slotted Aghs in a 60 minute game would be way way less rare than seeing one ever purchased for 4k and having it use up a valuable item slot.

Is this crazy talk?
I certainly wouldn't mind. For example, one of my itemization frustrations with Drow is that in having to use a slot for Aghs (in those games) and a slot for BKB and Pike (2 defensive items) + boots....you're down to 2 slots for offensive itemization. Kinda hurts Drow. If you want a Satanic too, your offensive output is pretty weak. Never mind new, valid options like Skadi and Desolator.

Then again, I suppose it's the trade-off for being able to rapid-clear waves.

Anyway, yea it would be cool if I could have that 1 slot back. But I understand if not.

inkls

But dota is balanced around items being slot efficient. Removing that restriction with aghs other than it being situational with having an alch feels like its going against that idea.

Top Bottom