• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT15| anime only please

shira

DOTA2 Pro Circuit 2017-18: $16.3M USD, 27 Valve events, 8 invites to TI8
Current Valve Event
DL3XCJ4UIAAVVDB.jpg

DLtK726X4AE8TFv.jpg
Oct 12-15 Cybersport Arena - Kiev, Ukraine
Format: Four day, two group GSL Bo3. Top two in each GSL group advance to single elim playoff, Bo5 GF
$300k USD, 8 teams
2 Directs - Liquid, Newbee
NA - Col
SA - SG
EU - Secret
CIS - Navi
SEA - Mineski
CN - VG

Today

Three Group A GSL Bo3 matches
t1507802400z1.png

1. VG (paparazi, ori, eleven, lanm, fenrir) vs SG (fuckineh, 4dr, liposa, thiolicor, bardo)
2. Liquid (matu, miracle, mc, gh, kky) vs Mineski (nana, mushi, iceiceice, jabz, ninja)
3. Winner 1 vs Winner 2

TKNipxn.jpg

Introduction
Unlike past years Valve has decided to create a clear point system for invites to their annual late summer $20M+ LAN - The International. Last year's $10.8M winner Team Liquid is not guaranteed a direct invite as has been the case instead it will be the top 8 point getters based on the Pro Circuit. Only teams that finish in the Top 4 get points and with representatives from all 6 regions there is huge pressure to be the best team in your region.

Majors are worth 1500 points and Minors are worth 300 points total.
1st: 50%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 15%
4th: 5%
(if there is no 3rd place match it is 10% for 3rd/4th)

References
http://dota.gg (Cyborgmatt's meta site with extended meta tracking)
http://www.dota2.com/procircuit (Valve's official info tracking site)

Schedule

Upcoming Tournaments
PGL Bucharest - MINOR
Oct 19-22
$300k USD. 8 teams
2 Directs - EG, LGD
NA - Immortals
SA - DC.SA
EU - Secret
CIS - Navi
SEA - Mineski
CN - VGJ.T

ESL Hamburg - MAJOR
Oct 26-29
$1M USD, 8 teams
NA - EG
SA - SG
EU - Secret
CIS - VP
SEA - Happy Feet
CN - Keen

Dota Pit 6 Croatia - MINOR
Nov 2-5
$300k
NA - Immortals
SA - SG
EU - OG
CIS - VP
SEA - Mineski
CN - VG

Perfect World Shanghai Masters - MINOR
Nov 19-26
$300k USD, 10 teams
3 Directs - LFY, Newbee, Secret
NA - Col
SA - SG
EU - Kinguin
CIS - Vega
SEA - Mineski
2 CN - LGD, VG

DreamLeague 8 - MAJOR
Dec 1-4
$1M
NA -
SA - Infamous
4 EU/CIS -
SEA -
CN - Newbee

Chris R

So, just had All Random match... I was solo bot as Slark vs Skywrath and Disruptor...

what should my item build have been to stick to the lane or should I have built a talon first item and just gone 100% jungle?

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
So, just had All Random match... I was solo bot as Slark vs Skywrath and Disruptor...

what should my item build have been to stick to the lane or should I have built a talon first item and just gone 100% jungle?
Magic stick is always useful against Skywrath and most dual lanes. Survive till 6 by then try to have pms, talon, treads. Pull creeps on to ranged to get lane to push and gurantee your levels. If you don't know the 6,7,8 rule you should look it up for last hitting under tower. Ferry out clarity, raindrop and a ward to ensure your safety and sustainability while jungling. Treadswap to sustain in the jungle. If you're allowed to jungle safely then don't give it up to do anything until shadowblade is up, excluding low hp heros running through your jungle or 100% freekills you can tp into.

Chris R

Ya I guess I should have grabbed a stick. It was all random so I had a PMS/quelling/tangoes from the start, but maybe partial PMS and 8 tangoes and a stick would have been the go to so I could have at least grabbed a few CS in lane :(

Low Tier
2:31 Moderator 9kmmrbot: All Pick [7509 avg MMR]: Abed (Lina), Mason (Queen of Pain), Ryuu (Puck), sleisel (Jakiro), boris (Terrorblade), BuLba (Clockwerk), Sneyking (Magnus), SunBhie (Crystal Maiden)

big boy game

shira

EPICENTER Day 4 of 7: Final Day Groups

Format: 7 day, 10 team, 2 Group Bo3 Round Robin into Single Elimination playoffs with Bo5 GF

Today three sets of two simultaneous Bo3 group stage matches
https://www.twitch.tv/epicenter_en1
https://www.twitch.tv/epicenter_en2

t1496826000z1.png

1. Navi vs Liquid (must win for Liquid if OG won)**delay + change due to Yapzor emergency
2. Clutch vs EG (EG playing for 1st)
_____
t1496838600z1.png

3. EG vs VP (could determine 1st place)
4. iG vs Odd (loser eliminated)
_____
t1496851200z1.png

5. OG vs Secret (must win for OG, Secret playing for 1st)**delay + change due to Yapzor emergency

Group A
LGDfy 3-0 (6-1)
Secret 2-0 (4-0)
Liquid 2-2 (5-5) *beat OG head-to-head

Eliminated
OG 1-2 (3-4)
Navi 0-4 (0-8)

Group B
VP 3-0 (6-1)
EG 3-0 (6-0)
iG 1-2 (3-4)
Odd 1-2 (3-4)

Eliminated
Clutch 0-4 (0-8)

- Top team in group advances to SF Saturday
- Bottom 2 eliminated
- Tomorrow - Secret vs LFY (could determine 1st place)
- opposite 2,3 seeds play Friday

@followNoxville said:
Tiebreaker rules:
Two teams:
- Head to head result

Three or more teams:
- Match Score between the tied teams
- Game Score between the tied teams
- Results vs non-tied teams (starting with the top seeded team)
- If the tie can not be broken, an additional set of games will be played.

Qvoth

og secret i think whoever gets invoker will win
feels to me like invoker has been relevant for far too long... wouldn't be surprised if he's nerfed soon, after TI the latest
edit: rtz veno again? man i don't understand what crit sees in that hero as a carry

og secret i think whoever gets invoker will win
feels to me like invoker has been relevant for far too long... wouldn't be surprised if he's nerfed soon, after TI the latest

Compared to previous iterations he's actually in an incredibly good place. He's viable, but not overly powerful. Unfortunately I think they might make some late adjustments to TA well before they nerf Invoker. The hero is only 5-2 in the Group Stage of EPICENTER. He has a worse win rate than Earth Spirit--who is probably going to get nerfed again before TI.

Pre-TI Patch Notes:

Earth Spirit:
Movement speed reduced to 0.
Attack Range reduced to 0.
Mana Cost on all abilities increased by 100%.
Attack Modifiers no longer work on Earth Spirit.
STOP PICKING FUCKING EARTH SPIRIT.

Core Veno doesn't lose the lane. Ever. That's what Cr1t sees. Poison Sting does a metric fuckton of damage.

EDIT: Mid AA? What the hell... Wait... RTZ is Jungle Veno? What the fuck is this noise...

That is one pissed off AA...

There's losing your lane, and then there's 0/6/2 SF who laned against an AA levels of getting dumpstered...

EDIT: Spoke too soon, 0/7/2.

Qvoth

looooooooooooooooool cg
brood pick is really dumb imo, eg has aa and earth spirit that can eat spiderlings for breakfast easily

shira

Secret v OG delayed.

Navi v Liquid pushed up

I hope yapzor is ok, he was having such a good lan

https://twitter.com/teamsecret/status/872403201324142592 said:
We are going to get @YapzOrdota checked out at hospital as a precaution. Schedule will be adjusted and announced by @epicentergg shortly.

shira

https://twitter.com/epicentergg/status/872401565918875648 said:
@YapzOrdota needs medical help, @OGDota2 and @teamsecret will play at 6 pm cest, game against LFY tomorrow. Don't worry, please.

god damn EG rekt VP

Great draft from EG. They are looking really good lately. I love the panel this tournament. Most of the time I'll just mute it and do something else until the next game, but Merlini, Winter, Purge etc. are great. Machine is a really good host too. The only issue I have is that the video lags behind the audio on the stream.

Top Bottom