• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Origins |OT| Letting The Fade fade out of memory

sendu

Neo Member
The recommended PC system specs have been revised. Most notably the CPU recommendations have been adjusted to better match what the devs have been saying all along: you don't need a monster of a CPU.

Windows XP Minimum Specifications:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Single (or equivalent) running at 1.6Ghz or greater
AMD 64 (or equivalent) running at 2.0Ghz or greater
RAM: 1GB or more
Video: ATI Radeon X850 256MB or greater
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT 128MB or greater
DVD ROM (Physical copy)
20 GB HD space

Windows Vista/Windows 7 Minimum Specifications:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Single (or equivalent) running at 1.6Ghz or greater
AMD 64 (or equivalent) running at 2.0Ghz or greater
RAM: 1.5 GB or more
Video: ATI Radeon X1550 256MB or greater
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256MB or greater
DVD ROM (Physical copy)
20 GB HD space

Recommended Specifications:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz Processor or equivalent
AMD Phenom II X2 Dual-Core 2.7 GHz or greater
RAM: 2 GB (XP) or 3 GB (Windows Vista/Windows 7)
Video: ATI 3850 512 MB or greater
NVIDIA 8800GTS 512 MB or greater
DVD ROM (Physical copy)
20 GB HD space

Jayge

RbBrdMan said:
Sorry I need to vent really quick. This shit is fucking ridiculous. Pardon me for being a little old school but since when should I have to look at a damn chart to figure out where I want to buy a game. Nearly every time EA publishes a game it makes me want to wait a year for the GOTY edition before I buy it. Arrrghhh... sorry I'm not trying to derail this thread into a DLC good or bad thing I just needed to get that off my chest. For spite though I'm not buying the game from any retailer on that chart. I'll drive close to 15 miles to this small mom and pop I know instead. / end live journal rant.

Anyway I think there is plenty of content for me right now without all the extra bells and whistles of paid DLC. I'll rely on the mod community to provide me with all the DLC my heart desires FOR FREE. With the editor that they released you know the mod community is going to come up with some fantastic stuff. I really, truly can't wait to see what they come up with.

You provided the counter-argument to your first paragraph... with your second paragraph.

jabipun

dollartaco said:
Jabipun,

You hate this game. Find a new thread.

Thanks,
All of us.

You're...fucking, dumb.

Thanks,

Me

Actually no, you're not, I'm sorry. I am getting this game, and thus I don't hate it. I just dislike level scaling, and I do think some of the animations are crap, and I'm not as familiar with this genre as others in this thread may be. Doesn't mean I hate this game.

Ploid 3.0

mujun said:
I don't think I'm late with these vids, 4 new 360 ones and 4 new ps3 ones.

[ /dragon-age-origins--mage-class-gameplay-movie"]PS3 - 4th[/URL]

Awesome, the console version looks very nice. I didn't notice any problems with the ps3 version, order placed (amazon preorder bonuses). Everyone wins.

Gloomfire said:
So, does this come out for PS3 next week or not? I've seen so many different dates it pathetic.

In the US it's out the same day as the other platforms. It's still in the air if it will be the same for other areas though iirc.

BioWare has announced that Dragon Age: Origins will be released in North America on November 3 for Xbox 360, PC and PS3.

"We're excited to confirm that all three versions of Dragon Age: Origins will be available to fans on November 3 in North America," said Ray Muzyka, Group General Manager, RPG/MMO Group of EA, and Co-Founder, BioWare. "The Dragon Age: Origins development team was able to polish the PlayStation 3 version to our high standard of quality and we are ready to deliver the richest and deepest role-playing fantasy experience across all three platforms."

But what of the game's European release? EA has confirmed that European release plans remain unchanged: Xbox 360 and PC versions will be in stores from November 6, with the PS3 version following later in November.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/dragon_age_ps3_still_out_later_in_europe.html

Songbird

Prodigal Son
sendu said:
The recommended PC system specs have been revised. Most notably the CPU recommendations have been adjusted to better match what the devs have been saying all along: you don't need a monster of a CPU.

Wow, that's significant difference. PC 100% for me now.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
jabipun said:
You're...fucking, dumb.

Thanks,

Me

Actually no, you're not, I'm sorry. I am getting this game, and thus I don't hate it. I just dislike level scaling, and I do think some of the animations are crap, and I'm not as familiar with this genre as others in this thread may be. Doesn't mean I hate this game, fucking jackass, whoops - sorry.

And your not going last to long with that kind of attitude.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
jabipun said:
You're...fucking, dumb.

Thanks,

Me

Actually no, you're not, I'm sorry. I am getting this game, and thus I don't hate it. I just dislike level scaling, and I do think some of the animations are crap, and I'm not as familiar with this genre as others in this thread may be. Doesn't mean I hate this game, fucking jackass, whoops - sorry.
You decide to hurl insults at another poster in an admin-created thread? :lol

hulot

I'd written this off as post-console Bioware but reading through the thread, this might finally redeem them. Is there are reason why I can't preorder any of the platform CE from Amazon?

DietRob

sendu said:
Recommended Specifications:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz Processor or equivalent
AMD Phenom II X2 Dual-Core 2.7 GHz or greater
RAM: 2 GB (XP) or 3 GB (Windows Vista/Windows 7)
Video: ATI 3850 512 MB or greater
NVIDIA 8800GTS 512 MB or greater
DVD ROM (Physical copy)
20 GB HD space

I love when I get a game that I greatly exceed the recommended specs for. Hopefully this will be as smooth as butter. Please 60fps, please.

Jayge

jabipun said:
You're...fucking, dumb.

Thanks,

Me

I don't really consider myself a full "member" in any sense of the term besides the literal one but... junior, what the hell are you doing? :lol

I've always wanted to try that.

It's pretty fun.

>.>

Tubobutts

hulot said:
I'd written this off as post-console Bioware but reading through the thread, this might finally redeem them. Is there are reason why I can't preorder any of the platform CE from Amazon?

They're all sold out

Fredescu

hulot said:
The CE has sold out at a lot of retailers.

jabipun

Fredescu said:
The CE has sold out at a lot of retailers.

When I went to the gamestop to pre-order the regular edition they mentioned they discontinued the CE (near-quote) "since nobody was pre-ordering the collector's edition, which is unfortunate, since in the past month we've seen a huge increase of interest in the game."

They stopped taking pre-orders for the CE awhile back. Probably causing a lot of people to go to avenues like amazon to order the CE. Which I tried, and shied away from after seeing the 118 dollar resale from other users.

RbBrdMan said:
Please tell me that is a preorder box and not the actual box art in Poland.

Yes, it's a pre-order box. Actually I'm fairly certain this is Poland-first as far as PC pre-orders are considered, also Poland-first in which specific retailer has pre-order bonuses.

Fredescu

jabipun said:
When I went to the gamestop to pre-order the regular edition they mentioned they discontinued the CE (near-quote) "since nobody was pre-ordering the collector's edition, which is unfortunate, since in the past month we've seen a huge increase of interest in the game."
It wouldn't be the first time a Gamestop employee was wrong about something. They have been out of stock for weeks, as have Amazon. I've heard the best way to get the CE if you're in the US is to order directly from EA.

Leam

I've finally decided to bite and upgrade my 7900gs to play dragon age (plus some other games of course), and i could use some help. Havent been following hardware very close lately. I was thinking of a 1GB ATI SAPPHIRE HD4850 PCX DDR3 which is about 110€ here. Does anyone have a better recommendation at arround the same price range? i cant go much more expensive since i also need a new psu.

My pc is a intel core 6600 2.4ghz, 4gb ram btw.

Alex

I want to get this, but I'm going to be backed up for awhile still with Torchlight and other recent purchases. Non-peasant edition, of course. Don't like the sounds of what they've chosen to gut on the consoles in terms of combat.

jabipun

Fredescu said:
It wouldn't be the first time a Gamestop employee was wrong about something. They have been out of stock for weeks, as have Amazon. I've heard the best way to get the CE if you're in the US is to order directly from EA.

Oh, it's possible he doesn't know what he's talking about, easily.

But the interest to Dragons Age in general seemed to really peak a bit later than it does for most larger releases. And it's not hard for a retailer to track pre-orders for the store/company he works with.

This could also be one of the few instances where the CE/LE is - in fact, actually limited in print. Which doesn't seem to be the case with most games where they have the CE's lying on the shelf -- weeks after release.

Alex said:
I want to get this, but I'm going to be backed up for awhile still with Torchlight and other recent purchases. Non-peasant edition, of course. Don't like the sounds of what they've chosen to gut on the consoles in terms of combat.

Is there any more changes than 'not being able to change the camera position' and the whole 'enemies by wave' thing.

DietRob

Castor Krieg said:
Yes, it's a pre-order box. Actually I'm fairly certain this is Poland-first as far as PC pre-orders are considered, also Poland-first in which specific retailer has pre-order bonuses.

CitizenKane.gif

Congrats guys! Pretty soon you might be able to have your own confusing chart riddled with preorder bonuses. :D

Retrofluxed

Gamestop charged me for my PC CE tonight, wondering if it is going to ship out tomorrow (I paid for Overnight shipping). Perhaps I'll get lucky and receive it Monday.

anddo0

I just canceled my previous pre-order from Newegg.com.. They screwed me over with Ratchet & Clank (not getting it until next Tuesday despite pre-ordering it with 3 day shipping, huh?) I'll miss out on the CE, but at least I'll get the game the week it's out.

Is Gamestop offering any pre-order bonuses?

jabipun

anddo0 said:
I just canceled my previous pre-order from Newegg.com.. They screwed me over with Ratchet & Clank (not getting it until next Tuesday despite pre-ordering it with 3 day shipping, huh?) I'll miss out on the CE, but at least I'll get the game the week it's out.

Is Gamestop offering any pre-order bonuses?

Yeah. Pre-order the regular edition and you get two DLC items for free.

Then of course there are the blood armor and Stone NPC. But all new copies of the game have that.

I did so today so unless they changed it that's what the pre-order has.

Chairhome

So, I went ahead and pre-ordered with Amazon, even though I was going to wait to buy. I had the money and I won't be getting it for a couple weeks (super saver shipping), so I said why not. I'm so weak, haha.

wonkyaddict

Neo Member
EA must be putting a decent amount of money behind this game. I saw the commercial for it 5 times during TNA Impact tonight. And since there wasn't any "new shit" I thought it wasn't half bad.

After watching those PS3 videos, I'll be pre-ordering this at work pronto. Looks great.

I'm curious how well the AI party members are, the videos show decent reactions.

jabipun

Square Triangle said:
After watching those PS3 videos, I'll be pre-ordering this at work pronto. Looks great.

I'm curious how well the AI party members are, the videos show decent reactions.

There is a reasonable "FFXII like gambit" system involved. So useless party member syndrome shouldn't be the case.

kle89

Neo Member
I can't seem to decide between PC or PS3. Would the PC ver be more fully fledged? I'm assuming it'll support mods?

NewLib

Banned
wonkyaddict said:
EA must be putting a decent amount of money behind this game. I saw the commercial for it 5 times during TNA Impact tonight. And since there wasn't any "new shit" I thought it wasn't half bad.

Im not too surprised because this seems to be their big holiday game.

Tubobutts

kle89 said:
I can't seem to decide between PC or PS3. Would the PC ver be more fully fledged? I'm assuming it'll support mods?

PC has mod support and you can zoom the camera out to an isometric-like view. PC version is also supposedly harder and you'll fight more enemies at once, whereas in the console versions they'll come in waves.

epmode

kle89 said:
If you have a PC that can run this, it's not even a question. Yes, there will be mods. There's also an isometric camera not found in the console versions.

Swag

So has it been released how late in the game you visit the warden's keep? I'm debating whether to get the CE off Steam or just get the normal edition and download the DLC at a later point.
poor

graywolf323

wait since when did they get rid of the survey in Dragon Age: Journeys and now make it that you had to beat the game on hard to earn that one item unlock? X-(

wonkyaddict

Neo Member
graywolf323 said:
wait since when did they get rid of the survey in Dragon Age: Journeys and now make it that you had to beat the game on hard to earn that one item unlock? X-(

I'm glad they ditched the surveys. They never saved after I completed one, so now I can get that item.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
kle89 said:

How can people be confused about this kind of stuff? If you have a computer that will run the game well then there is no question about it. The game will look better, run better, play better, will be cheaper, will have more options and mods and just be an overall better experience. Unless you really hate using a mouse and a keyboard, in which case you probably don't even have a computer that will run Dragon's Age, then there is no reason to get this game on a console.

Maybe if you have some awesome TV that for some reason you cannot hook your computer up to it then I might understand, but even still you are going out of your way to pay more for an inferior version. You're better off figuring out a way to hook up your PC to your TV or just playing it on your normal monitor.

With this game in particular, questions like these are getting very close to being equivalent to if someone asked whether they should get Doom for their computer or for their SNES back in the day.

Top Bottom