• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Origins |OT| Letting The Fade fade out of memory

Trick_GSF

Banned
Dries said:
I'm planning on buying the Ultimate Edition for my girlfriend as a christmas present, since she is really enjoying DA:O. Have a question about the saves though.

Can you transfer saves from DA:O to DA:UE? My girlfriend is a long ways into the story on DA:O and of course she would like to continue that save, only now with the DA:UE DLC and DA:Awakenings. Can someone confirm this?

I think you can, though I wouldn't take my word on it, just in case. But I'm pretty sure.

Massa

Dries said:
I'm planning on buying the Ultimate Edition for my girlfriend as a christmas present, since she is really enjoying DA:O. Have a question about the saves though.

Can you transfer saves from DA:O to DA:UE? My girlfriend is a long ways into the story on DA:O and of course she would like to continue that save, only now with the DA:UE DLC and DA:Awakenings. Can someone confirm this?

What platform?

More then a year later and I finally completed Dragon Age. Took me 40 hours. Damn... now to ponder checking out Awakening and the DLC. Question though, I borrowed the first one to finish it up and returned it. Can I play the other DLC content if I purchase Awakening?

Patryn

slasher_thrasher21 said:
More then a year later and I finally completed Dragon Age. Took me 40 hours. Damn... now to ponder checking out Awakening and the DLC. Question though, I borrowed the first one to finish it up and returned it. Can I play the other DLC content if I purchase Awakening?

No. You need the original game disc to play any Dragon Age DLC. Awakenings is treated as a separate game in many ways.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Just started playing this again and there is one question that is really bothering me..

How come if I walk with my weapon out, it looks like I need to take a shit?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Alright I'm at a precipice for Morrigan, I don't know whether to make her an Arcane Warrior or Spirit Healer, what say you GAF?

My team currently is:

Me - (Assassin/Duelist)
Alistair - Tank (Templar/Champion)
Leliana - (Bard/Ranger)
Morrigan

I had Wynne instead of Leliana on my team before, but now I don't want to use her anymore cause I want Leliana's buffs, summoning and archer support.

kai3345

Banned
Plywood said:
Alright I'm at a precipice for Morrigan, I don't know whether to make her an Arcane Warrior or Spirit Healer, what say you GAF?

My team currently is:

Me - (Assassin/Duelist)
Alistair - Tank (Templar/Champion)
Leliana - (Bard/Ranger)
Morrigan

I had Wynne instead of Leliana on my team before, but now I don't want to use her anymore cause I want Leliana's buffs, summoning and archer support.
Spirit Healer. It will take a little extra work, but its completely worth it just so you don't have to deal with Wynne, aka the worst character in the game.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
kai3345 said:
Spirit Healer. It will take a little extra work, but its completely worth it just so you don't have to deal with Wynne, aka the worst character in the game.
Okay I'm curious now, why is Wynne the "worst" character in the game?

Hyphen

Tokubetsu said:
I liked Wynne. Her banter with Alistair is great and it's like questing with your mother.

That's why I liked her. Considering the events at the beginning of my playthrough as a 'Cousland', I thought it best for my character to have a mother figure around... :D

Hyphen

Plywood said:
I didn't mean that, I was asking in terms of stats/builds.

I used Wynne in my party as a healer mostly. Then it was Alistair and myself toe-to-toe against the Darkspawn, and Morrigan firing off her magic from afar.

KAL2006

Banned
I playing this game, and it keeps crashing to desktop randomly. Is there a fix for this.

My set up
Windows 7 64bit
Radeon HD4870 1GB
Phenom II X3 2.8GHz
4GB RAM

Visceir

Started playing it again, second playthrough.

First playthrough I played an elven rogue, this time around I went with human mage to see how much easier it would be. Cone Of Cold is probably the best skill in the game and makes everything so easy. Now I got sleep too and I have no problems facing enemies.

Probably even makes the game too easy. I remember it being hell when I played it the first time around since I had no crowd control skills and didn't get Wynne until the very end. I usually ended up dying over and over and carefully planning my attacks, now I can just rush in, freeze/sleep everything and not worry.

This time I got all the DLC and been playing through that, 8 hours in and I've just now only finished The Stone Prisoner and Return to Ostagar DLC.

I think I will just download the mod that will allow me to reset skill points and make Morrigan my healer. I really don't want Wynne in my party.

Also been more of an ass on my character this time around.

ACE 1991

Holy crap this game is infinitely better on PC. Put about 15 hours into it on PS3 and just picked it up during the steam sale. Wow.

kai3345

Banned
ACE 1991 said:
Holy crap this game is infinitely better on PC. Put about 15 hours into it on PS3 and just picked it up during the steam sale. Wow.
this post pleases me. put over 100 hours into the game on 360, can't wait to play all the DLC plus modded campaigns on PC

kai3345

Banned
Been playing the PC version for about three hours. I changed Alistair and Morrigan's face, after two playthroughs, its nice for something to feel new. I can't wait to get past Lothering so I can jump into Warden's Keep and Return to Ostagar, which I've never gotten the chance to play on 360.

Anyone know the name of the Gaffer who posted the two Dragon Age mods he made? One was baisically Darkspawn Chronicles but alot better and then the other was a much more traditional module?

Kurtofan

How do you fucking beat the Archdemon?
eDIT:Fuck that, is there a cheatcode to move past him?

Edit: I really want to see the ending :(

Haunted

ACE 1991 said:
Welcome to 99% of console/PC multiplat releases. :p

Although even I admit that the console versions of Dragon Age are a particularly bad botch job.

Kurtofan said:
Argh so close but this is too hard :(
Hope the next one is easier.
Edit: is Awakening easy enough?

Awakening is an absolute peice of piss (not sure if its by design or because you start with a high level character). For me it was a walk in the park compared to Origins.

ACE 1991 said:

Good to know when I finally take time and play the PC version I got that despite playing it on the PS3, it will be worth it.

Erasus

Kurtofan said:
It's bad?

No, I have played awekening for 13h and I love it.

But it is easy, I thought normal was sometimes challenging in Dragon Age Origins, but normal in Awekening is like super easy. Had to bump it up to hard to make it feel normal.

Kurtofan

Erasus said:
No, I have played awekening for 13h and I love it.

But it is easy, I thought normal was sometimes challenging in Dragon Age Origins, but normal in Awekening is like super easy. Had to bump it up to hard to make it feel normal.
Nice then,I'll try it if I ever beat that fucking dragon :(

Kurtofan said:
It's bad?

Nah its great, enjoyed it alot, but it does miss alot of the challenge from Origins.

Also this -

VigilanceLongSword.png

Danj

Picked this up in the recent UK EA store deal (it was on the same day as the Steam one, but it had a bigger discount :D ). Really loving it so far - so much better than the last BioWare fantasy (i.e. non Mass Effect) RPG I played, which was Neverwinter Nights. And for £9.37 for the original game, all the DLC, and the expansion, it seemed like a bargain.

IoCaster

Kurtofan said:
Nice then,I'll try it if I ever beat that fucking dragon :(

Are you using your allies? Elves or mages help quite a bit to keep the darkspawn off your ass. Also shit that limits spirit damage is useful against the archdemon.

Erasus

kai3345 said:
Is the Justice spirit from the Mage origin the same one from Awakening?

I dont remember that in the origin story, but it does not say anthing about it here http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Justice

I just completed awakening, and wow what a ride. The story was great, the locales looked awesome, final boss was damn hard. I liked the new companions though they can not beat the original cast. But they are all pretty interesting,
I love how several things always happen in each area. The new skills and specialitations where great, I liked keeper, battlemage and spirit warrior and fits with the universe.

I just get so absorbed in this world like few games do, feels like playing a good book.

kai3345

Banned
Erasus said:
I dont remember that in the origin story, but it does not say anthing about it here http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Justice

I just completed awakening, and wow what a ride. The story was great, the locales looked awesome, final boss was damn hard. I liked the new companions though they can not beat the original cast. But they are all pretty interesting,
I love how several things always happen in each area. The new skills and specialitations where great, I liked keeper, battlemage and spirit warrior and fits with the universe.

I just get so absorbed in this world like few games do, feels like playing a good book.
did you fight the spirit dragon?

Spike6663

Hyphen said:
That's why I liked her. Considering the events at the beginning of my playthrough as a 'Cousland', I thought it best for my character to have a mother figure around... :D

Wynne/Shale banter is equally good!

Dries

I completed the Soldier's Peak dlc quest on the xbox 360. Now I'm trying to leave the peak, but I'm stuck on the second floor. I cannot enter the door "stairs down" although my map says it's a real door. I already tried 3 different savefiles, they were in different stages of the quest. Sadly, I don't have a savefile from before entering the Peak. With all of these files the same thing happens, the door doesn't work. It's like the game doesn't acknowledge it's a door even though my map says it is. What can I do? (except start a new game.. Which is not really an option after 60 hours with this character)

InertiaXr

I put this in the Steam Sale thread but it got lost pretty quick, thought I should repost here.

I bought the Dragon Age UE when it was a daily deal and am currently in the process of modding it as I please, but can anybody give me a list of how I should play all the content? Seems a little confusing between the base Origins content, then Awakening and all the other small quest/DLC packs...

kai3345

Banned
InertiaXr said:
I put this in the Steam Sale thread but it got lost pretty quick, thought I should repost here.

I bought the Dragon Age UE when it was a daily deal and am currently in the process of modding it as I please, but can anybody give me a list of how I should play all the content? Seems a little confusing between the base Origins content, then Awakening and all the other small quest/DLC packs...
Lothering> Stone Prisoner > Mage Tower > Rest of the in-game DLC and missions in any order you want > Awakening > Golems of Amgarrak and Witch Hunt in any order

Been messing around with the toolset. It's a lot of fun, but this shit is confusing.

Erasus

kai3345 said:
did you fight the spirit dragon?

The one in the Blackmarch? I did not even know it was there, awesome fight! Was pretty easy on normal though, just arrow rain the shit out of the little electric balls so it doesn't get healed. :D

Dries

Dries said:
I completed the Soldier's Peak dlc quest on the xbox 360. Now I'm trying to leave the peak, but I'm stuck on the second floor. I cannot enter the door "stairs down" although my map says it's a real door. I already tried 3 different savefiles, they were in different stages of the quest. Sadly, I don't have a savefile from before entering the Peak. With all of these files the same thing happens, the door doesn't work. It's like the game doesn't acknowledge it's a door even though my map says it is. What can I do? (except start a new game.. Which is not really an option after 60 hours with this character)

Anyone? Still stuck here..

Top Bottom