• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Origins |OT| Letting The Fade fade out of memory

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
eznark said:
For those that preloaded on Steam how big was the file? I'm really hoping Impulse has their shit together and dl speeds are as excellent as they have been for other games on that service. I just saw it popped up on pirate sites and the file size is only about 7.7 gigs. which would be a lot better than the 16 gb number I've heard tossed around.

I've seen 15.7 gb tossed around frequently in this thread. I don't like steam so much so I'm not actually positive.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
eznark said:
For those that preloaded on Steam how big was the file? I'm really hoping Impulse has their shit together and dl speeds are as excellent as they have been for other games on that service. I just saw it popped up on pirate sites and the file size is only about 7.7 gigs. which would be a lot better than the 16 gb number I've heard tossed around.

My folder says 15.3 gb.

The 7.7 gb size you mentioned sounds about right, but you will need to install it from there. I think someone mentioned earlier in the thread that you can pre-load it directly from EA and the download size is around 7-8 gb. It is probably just an image of a disc or an install file that you are downloading in that case. Steam downloads the entire game in its installed state pretty much.

eznark

Banned
Zefah said:
My folder says 15.3 gb.

The 7.7 gb size you mentioned sounds about right, but you will need to install it from there. I think someone mentioned earlier in the thread that you can pre-load it directly from EA and the download size is around 7-8 gb. It is probably just an image of a disc or an install file that you are downloading in that case. Steam downloads the entire game in its installed state pretty much.
Yeah, I just wanted the download size. I don't care how big the install is. I can't recall how impulse does it, but I imagine it's the same. I'm hoping it's just the disc image.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Himuro said:
This gives me hope I'll be able to get my copy tomorrow at Gamestop.

Man I really, really want to pick up my copy tomorrow also. But I've got a couple of big projects due this week in school and work. (I'm also hoping that someone may still gift it to me from my amazon birthday list also lol )

It's more of a weekend sorta game anyway. What I mean by that is it's the sort of game I will want to sit down and play hours at a time. Not just 30 minutes here and there as the weekday permits.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
eznark said:
Yeah, I just wanted the download size. I don't care how big the install is. I can't recall how impulse does it, but I imagine it's the same. I'm hoping it's just the disc image.

I've only used Impulse once, but I think they might be the same as Steam. Gamersgate uses disc images / install files I believe. They have terrible download speeds, though.

Eric WK

Himuro said:
This gives me hope I'll be able to get my copy tomorrow at Gamestop.

Why wouldn't you be able to pick it up tomorrow? Gamestop.com even shows tomorrow as the street date. If you see the following, you can 100% get it on the street date at Gamestop without hassle.

Pre-order Dragon Age Origins by November 2nd at 11am CST with overnight shipping and get guaranteed delivery on the street date of November 3rd!

Eric WK

Himuro said:
Also, gamestop.com's site is way better than vanilla retail gamestop.

Sure, but that doesn't change the fact that brick and mortar Gamestop's will have the game in tomorrow. Or any street dated game in on the street date.

Lothars

I am really excited for this, I will be getting it for 360 at first than depending I will probably pick it up for PC.

I hope they have it tomorrow, I will be going and paying off my collectors edition.

bengraven

Wait, this game got an 8.4 and a 4.5/5?

*sigh*

Damn.

How do I cancel an Amazon shipment? This will not do.

Bossman said:
It's disappointing that Warden's Keep only lasts for an hour or so:

http://daforums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=702105&forum=135

Bioware's marketing guys say that it should last a lot more than that but they also said the same thing about Mass Effect's Pinnacle Station so you can't really trust them.

Few people are getting Warden's Keep for the length. They want the storage.

bengraven

Order Placed:
October 13, 2009
View Order Details | View Invoice

* Order Number: xxx-xxxxxx-xxxxx
* Recipient: xxxx
* Delivery Address: xxxx
* Shipping Speed: Release-Date Delivery
* Order Total: $0.00

Shipment 1 of 1
Shipping Soon
Delivery Estimate: November 3, 2009

SOON? Amazon's local warehouse better be in the house next door or I'm going to rip someone's throat out. No way in hell it's arriving tomorrow if it hasn't shipped already.

Oh well, I shouldn't get upset over a sub-par 8.4 rated game. :/ Just go back to playing a true CRPG...Borderlands.

Eric WK

bengraven said:
SOON? Amazon's local warehouse better be in the house next door or I'm going to rip someone's throat out. No way in hell it's arriving tomorrow if it hasn't shipped already.

:lol

Dude, you'll get it tomorrow. I've had it not update until after midnight and I still got the game on release day.

CAVE343

OMG! I just found out that the console versions are stripped of the classic Baldurs Gate camera view! That's very disappointing.

LCfiner

Zeliard said:
Game pre-loaded, character created, flash loot acquired, I am ready for release, and I am ready to release.

I'll be spending all afternoon tomorrow digging into this. gotta make sure I stretch first to avoid dreaded RPG neck cramps.

Got my copy in the mail from EA. The box has stickers all over it saying not to sell before November 3. They probably thought I might resell it or something.

LCfiner said:

I'll be spending all afternoon tomorrow digging into this. gotta make sure I stretch first to avoid dreaded RPG neck cramps.
Think i am going to buy a thermos so I won't have to get up from the desk to get a cup of tea.

GAME.co.uk just shipped my pre-order! Should have it tomorrow and it's not out until Friday. I'm guessing other shops in the UK might have it available early as well?

bengraven

I have to admit, I gave up on the flash game. I liked it, but the challenge wasn't exactly something I was looking for while at work. Dying and frustrated isn't the way I like to feel on my lunch break. :lol

I accepted my cheap ring and limped away with my third place prize.

slasher_thrasher21 said:
:lol With you saying that, you don't deserve it on day one. Geesus.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Zeliard

Man, it's tough to find good info on the game due to the stupid embargo. And it comes out tomorrow! The wiki has some stuff but it's still fairly barebones at this point. I don't care at all about the reviews, especially having already paid in full for the game, but it's annoying how few articles and such there are about it.

man. i don't know if i'll be playing pc version tomorrow!

My graphic card comes in later today WOOO.
But i can't install W7 since my IDE can't be seen during the installation and i have to buy a Sata drive WTF.

Don't want to use Vista. oh and I hope my Ram comes in today.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Probably answered I'm sure....

but I like to buy all my games on my PS3. It's sounding like I should grab this one on the 360 instead?

Zeliard said:
Man, it's tough to find good info on the game due to the stupid embargo. And it comes out tomorrow! The wiki has some stuff but it's still fairly barebones at this point. I don't care at all about the reviews, especially having already paid in full for the game, but it's annoying how few articles and such there are about it.

Someone published the PC manual, check the topics over at Bioware Social Network. Should keep you occupied a bit till tommorow.

clashfan

bengraven said:

Oh well, I shouldn't get upset over a sub-par 8.4 rated game. :/ Just go back to playing a true CRPG...Borderlands.

My Amazon order says the same thing.

Quixzlizx

bad-joey said:
OMG! I just found out that the console versions are stripped of the classic Baldurs Gate camera view! That's very disappointing.

Well, my PC can't run it, and I'm not buying a version with gimped features. Oh, well.

DMPrince said:
man. i don't know if i'll be playing pc version tomorrow!

My graphic card comes in later today WOOO.
But i can't install W7 since my IDE can't be seen during the installation and i have to buy a Sata drive WTF.
I think you need to look a bit more into this problem.

God I want to buy this game but with me just starting my first playthrough on GTA4...... with both of the TLAD and TBOGT sessions out now. I've got some serious time on my hands.

Take that and MW2 , L4D2 , AC2 ..... I won't have much time for anything anymore.

Tobor

Quixzlizx said:
Well, my PC can't run it, and I'm not buying a version with gimped features. Oh, well.
It's not gimped, the control scheme on controller works better in the 3D view. If you played KOTOR and Mass Effect on console you won't even miss it.

Justinian

Tobor said:
It's not gimped, the control scheme on controller works better in the 3D view. If you played KOTOR and Mass Effect on console you won't even miss it.

Kotor and Mass Effect weren't designed to be played with a mouse and keyboard. :lol

Ploid 3.0

bengraven said:

For amazon shipping soon is another way of saying it's being prepped and processed (boxing, waiting on it to be sent out, or it hasn't been scanned by the destination yet). Next thing you know it will be at an airport ready to head straight to you.

KOTOR and ME played so much better on PC.

I'm pissed because I'm in the process of moving and my pc is packed away, only got my consoles with me and I do want to jump right into Dragon Age but want it on PC.

chico said:
Eh what? I only watched the first minute of the 360 and PC comparison video, but its pretty clear that the PC that was being used can't run the game properly at those settings.

Edit: Either that or whatever they used to record is not recording the game at the frame rate that its running.

Tobor

Justinian said:
Kotor and Mass Effect weren't designed to be played with a mouse and keyboard. :lol
If you could take your head out of your PC's ass for a second, you'd understand what I meant.

The control scheme used in the console version was designed for the 3D view.

@gregor7777, exactly.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Shipped! Woohoo!

Those comparison videos are a joke...it's stuttering all over the place on the PC side.

Top Bottom