• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Origins |OT| Letting The Fade fade out of memory

bengraven

DennisK4 said:
daorigins2009-11-0317-835h.jpg
[/url]

Morrowind?

Tom Penny

Resident Guru said:
A few screenshots from the PC version. 2560x1600 max everything. Pictures don't capture the full glory due to resize but you get the picture. The game runs great and I'm really digging it so far.

That looks horrific for the best version of the game :/

mackloon

Neo Member
the question is...does the camera suck on the console? I fricken hate when you are limited on what you can look at...or when your toon blocks where you are going. Sacred 2 on the console had a suck-ass camera.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
look what i found here hmmms

dragonage.jpg

I think the box art is pretty bad. I can't believe the negative space they kept on the final cover.

RPGCrazied

woot, got game.. bout to install an play

and whats up with B&W manuals these days? Is that much of a money saver to not print color?

longdi

Banned
anyone found the overhead view not very good, like this game is designed for the shoulder view? i always have to switch to shoulder view to explore and to catch up with the combat which is faster than bg2.

the framerate is very smooth.
the game is more optimised than mass effect for sure.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
So I left work to drive over the the little Mom n Pop comic book/game store since it is closer to my work than my house. They didn't have Dragon Age for PC only 360 :(

I ended up going to best buy. Of course they didn't have the regular edition so I had to get the CE so I have to now look at the chart to see what I got. :lol

Anyway glad I got the game. Now just have to wait out the rest of the day at work.

I understand this question must get asked an awful lot, but I was wondering if I can hope run DAO decently on my laptop.

My question is:
Will the game run decently at medium to high at 1280X720?

My specs are:
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
4GB Ram
GeForce 9300M GS 512 MB
Vista 64

I should add that the character creator ran perfectly FWIW. I can also just get a PS3 version, but I love mods and the cheaper price. :)

Thanks a lot!

Shinjitsu

Banned
Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
I understand this question must get asked an awful lot, but I was wondering if I can hope run DAO decently on my laptop.

My question is:
Will the game run decently at medium to high at 1280X720?

My specs are:
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
4GB Ram
GeForce 9300M GS 512 MB
Vista 64

I should add that the character creator ran perfectly FWIW. I can also just get a PS3 version, but I love mods and the cheaper price. :)

Thanks a lot!
System Requirements
Minimum:

OS: Windows XP (SP3) or Windows Vista (SP1) or Windows 7
Processor: Intel Core 2 Single 1.6 Ghz Processor (or equivalent) or AMD 64 2.0 GHz Processor (or equivalent)
Memory: 1GB (1.5 GB Vista and Windows 7)
Graphics: ATI Radeon X850 256MB or NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT 128MB or greater (Windows Vista: Radeon X1550 256 MB or NVidia GeForce 7600GT 256MB)
DirectX®: DirectX (November 2007)
Hard Drive: 20 GB HD space
Sound: Direct X Compatible Sound Card
Recommended:

OS: Windows XP (SP3) or Windows Vista (SP1) or Windows 7
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz or AMD Phenom II X2 Dual-Core 2.7 Ghz Processor or equivalent
Memory: 2 GB (3GB Vista and Windows 7)
Graphics: ATI 3850 512 MB or NVidia 8800GTS 512MB or greater

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
zero2000 said:
Don't know if it has already been posted, but DA: Origins will be $20 off for the PS3 and 360 version on Black Friday at Sears.

I'm sure if it's posted 5 or 6 more times fans that are posting in the thread will go ahead and wait a couple more weeks. :lol

;)

Tobor

Just to add to the swell, Best Buy made my console decision easy. They didn't have any copies of the PS3 version.

I picked up the last copy of the 360 CE. :D

CE looks great, well worth an extra £10, I will be hunting on ebay for the codes for the other dlc items (lions paw, feral wolf charm) if anyone in europe wants to sell me one of them I am open to bashing out a deal :D

LCfiner

Just came back from futureshop with the 360 version. they didn't have any PS3 versions there, either. so, yeah, easy decision, after all :lol

only 3 more hours till I get to try this bad boy out. the wait will be interminable!

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Just took a look at the Xbox 360 version on a proper screen and while the texture detail in the PS3 game, is indeed a little bit sharper, the framerate of the X360 game is still what I prefer more. The game is pretty bland looking to begin with, so at this point, I don't care which version has better textures...I just want the best running game.

Shinjitsu said:
System Requirements
Minimum:

A GeForce 6600 GT 128MB or greater (Windows Vista: Radeon X1550 256 MB or NVidia GeForce 7600GT 256MB)
Recommended:

Graphics: ATI 3850 512 MB or NVidia 8800GTS 512MB or greater

I've seen then, but I just have no idea where my laptop graphics card falls into those requirements.

FrankT

Class_A_Ninja said:
So did anyone pick up the PS3 version from a retailer yet?

Nope, but my Gamestop had just got their shipment for them. So check around I'd say.

Why oh why EA do I have to sit here and watch each downloadable content download. Background downloading is only good when I can actually utilize it.

LCfiner

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Don't know if this review was posted. I feel the score is off from what he posted though.

http://worthplaying.com/article/2009/11/3/reviews/69907/

So I guess he didn't like it. :lol

it really is odd how the game got an 8 from that review. it reads very negatively. Not just little niggles here and there but it feels like the author had problems with all aspects of the game: from combat to character animations, storyline, and the main villain.

It does appear like the negative reviews have been from people who didn't buy into the world while the positive reviews are the exact opposite.

Now I'm curious as to what side I'll fall on.

LCfiner said:
So I guess he didn't like it. :lol

it really is odd how the game got an 8 from that review. it reads very negatively. Not just little niggles here and there but it feels like the author had problems with all aspects of the game: from combat to character animations, storyline, and the main villain.

It does appear like the negative reviews have been from people who didn't buy into the world while the positive reviews are the exact opposite.

Now I'm curious as to what side I'll fall on.

Yeah and I keep hearing from most positive reviews how awesome the world is, and that it brings you into its world. Captivating. A game that shows Bioware is best at what they do.

Then you get these reviews and the guy makes it sound like he hated the world, wasn't enthralled with the story, and couldn't give two shit about the game... but rated it a 8/10 anyways. :p

I feel perhaps these negative reviews come from people that simple are either tired of the fantasy genre, or just never liked them to begin with.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
:lol

I'm sorry, I got a kick out of this from 1ups review by Jason White.

Tactical combat is sadly stripped down for the consoles. In the PC version, you may use a handy top-down viewpoint of the battlefield. You can maneuver the camera above the characters on the console, but it doesn't scroll in and out. It's also more difficult to command characters to take specific positions on the battlefield, and I couldn't cast spells while paused. This really takes away from the combat -- it's a shame that console players again don't get the options that PC players enjoy. Console players aren't second-class citizens; they deserve the bells and whistles, too -- especially since they're paying $10 more for the game.

Delicious irony. I never seem to recall any reviews from 1up asking for console ports to be better for PC gamers...

Top Bottom