• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Origins |OT| Letting The Fade fade out of memory

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Sounds like

20090605041947!Alistair_confused.png

Is in fact the same person who does

harryflyn500.jpg

Ruuppa

I hope you can mix and match the voices regardless of race/sex during character creation. Otherwise my roleplaying masterpiece will be crippled.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Video game typecasting D:

edit: I've hardly paid attention to her for some reason. Alister I noticed immediately though since he was such jackass in Uncharted. Maybe they have the same agent :lol

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Mrbob said:
From what I've read some of the differences on consoles

No mods on 360, but probable on PS3. To be determined

No friendly fire damage

Can't pull out the camera BG2 style

Less total number of on screen enemies, but their levels are balanced to the PC version. You face stronger enemies in more waves on consoles.

Obviously the interface is different, but I think the console interface looks fine and fully functional.

I'm not 100 percent positive as I'm on the road right now, but I believe, if players truly want it, they can turn on friendly fire for the console iterations. Not sure why you would want to since I did more harm to my tanks with AoE spells on the PC version that I would have liked.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
I encourage everyone, if you haven't already, to go read through the "History" section on the Dragon Age wiki (linked off the main DA site). It's fantastic! As if my hype for this game couldn't get any bigger, reading the backstory for everything has really gotten me pumped. Such a rich and detailed world they've crafted here.

It's also cool to understand more fully why the game is called "Dragon Age" to begin with.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Himuro said:
Gosh, I can't stand hearing British accents for more than a few minutes. In movies it's fine, but actual conversations?

Go back to BG2, ya Brit hater.

I only found a passing mention in the thread. I have a PS3 and a 360, I just tend to game more on my PS3 recently.

Please no bias.

Is there any real info on the PS3 version being poor. I believe the devs said both versions were the same, that is usually good enough for me, but if there is any concrete info about the PS3 version please fill me in.

Fredescu

Anerythristic said:
Is there any real info on the PS3 version being poor. I believe the devs said both versions were the same, that is usually good enough for me, but if there is any concrete info about the PS3 version please fill me in.
No. All we know is that the PS3 version was delayed and then undelayed. Some are taking this to mean that there were problems, and that there will be a greater potential for problems. Nothing concrete though.

Fredescu said:
No. All we know is that the PS3 version was delayed and then undelayed. Some are taking this to mean that there were problems, and that there will be a greater potential for problems. Nothing concrete though.

Unfortunetly I take it to mean some poor Bioware employees pulled a few all nighters:(

Anerythristic said:
I only found a passing mention in the thread. I have a PS3 and a 360, I just tend to game more on my PS3 recently.

Please no bias.

The only concern I would have is that they've shown so little of the PS3 version. Although there was a video I think at gamespot that showed the PS3 version running and it looked fine there. I imagine you'll be fine with the PS3 version, and hopefully they'll show some more of it in the next week.

Ploid 3.0

I've decided to go ahead and get this game. The console version is reminding me of what ff13 would be if it went on with ff12's battle system (no turn based and open areas). I hope it's turns out great on ps3, and I can't wait to get back to slaying dragons.

I'm still going to wait on impressions I guess. Also picking super savers shipping. I don't mind getting it late.

Caspel, one more question: did you get any more story on the subject of
Golden City/Black City
. Do you feel as we will be able to visit that place?

Ashour

Count of Monte Sawed-Off said:
The only concern I would have is that they've shown so little of the PS3 version. Although there was a video I think at gamespot that showed the PS3 version running and it looked fine there. I imagine you'll be fine with the PS3 version, and hopefully they'll show some more of it in the next week.

Do you have a link for the PS3 gameplay. Thanks in advance.

Ploid 3.0 said:
That looks nice, the PC version you get to pullt he camera away right? Can you do that on the consoles? (not the biggest deal for me since I like the camera closer but it would be nice to have the option if the need arises)

Normally I'm pretty good about knowing whether or not I will like a game, still up in the air on this one though.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
MvmntInGrn said:
That looks nice, the PC version you get to pullt he camera away right? Can you do that on the consoles? (not the biggest deal for me since I like the camera closer but it would be nice to have the option if the need arises)

Normally I'm pretty good about knowing whether or not I will like a game, still up in the air on this one though.
You are not able to change the zoom of the camera at all in the console versions.

Giant Bomb tried it and couldn't do it.

Ploid 3.0

I'm watching those people play the game live and they are pausing constantly to issue commands. I remember doing this in my brief time with BG2, but I thought I had to pause because I didn't understand the game all too well. Reading about how people paused a lot in BG2 and seeing them still pausing in this game makes it seem like I'll be in for a lot of pause unpause pause.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Himuro said:
Gosh, I can't stand hearing British accents for more than a few minutes. In movies it's fine, but actual conversations?

Man that is really too bad... then again "southern" accents kind of get on my nerves so I guess we all have our own tastes.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
On this live event thingie they have an elemination mode using xbox360 consoles.

If you go to 6 hours played, and 6 minutes into that video you can see how doing AoE works on the consoles. It seems kind of clunky, but I guess functional.

(The elimination in the event is time critical, so you can see how the interface works when you are pressed for time.)

-Mikey-

I'm watching the stream like a few others. When they interviewed a player from the Canadian team I heard them mention challenges.

Is that something they just setup for this tourney or are there actual challenges to do in game?

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Castor Krieg said:
Caspel, one more question: did you get any more story on the subject of
Golden City/Black City
. Do you feel as we will be able to visit that place?

Unless I am asking the wrong questions (to my NPCs and PCs) then there hasn't been one mentioning of the subject you have asked. If they have, it was in passing and it didn't stand out. I'll check my codex when I get back from this trip to EA on Friday to see if there are any entries on the matter.

Planning on upgrading my video card so I can play this at 1680 x 1050 with no hiccups, but I don't know if my CPU would be the bottleneck.

Currently have the following:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
4 GB RAM
M2N-SLI Deluxe
Geforce 7900 GS

What's the best bang for the buck nowadays? Haven't followed video cards in years.

Leam

Heretic Kazuma said:
Planning on upgrading my video card so I can play this at 1680 x 1050 with no hiccups, but I don't know if my CPU would be the bottleneck.

Currently have the following:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
4 GB RAM
M2N-SLI Deluxe
Geforce 7900 GS

What's the best bang for the buck nowadays? Haven't followed video cards in years.

I have a 7900 GS too, cant upgrade at the moment tho :(. I hope it runs well enough at least with low settings

Dipper145

I have pretty much the same computer that was just posted, except a x1950 pro instead of the 7900gs but they are very comparible. I can't upgrade my computer, because it's AGP :lol I'd have to get a whole new computer.

I didn't initially have this on my radar, but lately I've been wanting to get it. So it looks like I'll probably be getting this for the 360 instead.

I'm also watching this live stream thing. Is it being played on the PC or 360? Or what. It seems pretty awesome.

edit- Oh I see the 360 consoles there, or at least during that competition thing where someone was eliminated. And sweet, Canada is still in!

Upgraded my video card yesterday in preparation for DA:O.

Hoping I'll be able to max it out with a C2D E6850 @ 3.0 GHZ, GTX 260 896MB and 5GB RAM...

eznark

Banned
Preordered on Impulse to save some money using a promo-code. I didn't think it through, I don't think they do preloads. I won't be playing for a while.

Shit.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Dipper145 said:
I have pretty much the same computer that was just posted, except a x1950 pro instead of the 7900gs but they are very comparible. I can't upgrade my computer, because it's AGP :lol I'd have to get a whole new computer.

I didn't initially have this on my radar, but lately I've been wanting to get it. So it looks like I'll probably be getting this for the 360 instead.

I'm also watching this live stream thing. Is it being played on the PC or 360? Or what. It seems pretty awesome.

edit- Oh I see the 360 consoles there. And sweet, Canada is still in!
Where is this live stream?

Ploid 3.0

http://www.wardensquest.com/main < live stream of a competition.

Is there a review out on this game? I'm new to pre-ordering, but I got a lot of Amazon credits and promotions and those bonus items make me want to just order it now (it will also put $10 in my amazon account after I order this). I just need some reviews now, I'd prefer user reviews, or reviews from honest people (GTAIV victim).

FuttBuck said:
From that video and Bioware's word I payed off the PS3 version today. It seemed to run great and look good (same as 360) so I went ahead. Here's to hoping there are no surprises

You and me both, brother.

eznark

Banned
Hm, Impulse forums saying that Steam isn't doing preload either? I'm thinking of canceling my preorder there and going with some other digital distributor, but will ANY have preload?

BanShunsaku said:
Upgraded my video card yesterday in preparation for DA:O.

Hoping I'll be able to max it out with a C2D E6850 @ 3.0 GHZ, GTX 260 896MB and 5GB RAM...

You'd be lucky to run it on low at 1024x768.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Even though I won't be picking it up this year unless they have a special sale. I look forward to it, Just starting a replay of the Witcher now(Finally got the EE installed ^_^). Since I've been in the WRPG mood.

Top Bottom