• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Fusions |OT| HA!!

NaviLink

Nice OP!

Didn't realize UK was getting this same time as the US, the wonders of speaking english. Hopefully there are enough copies, I'm sick of the small number for non-Nintendo 3DS games in general.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Ningen say what?

It's there, actually. :) It's the last image banner.

I'll change the link to the Bamco channel, tho.

Ah missed that! All is good then! Other vids had found was mostly stuff with commentary so nothing else useful and the JP trailers are not going to be of much help to anyone D:

Found a vid that shows off 85 mins of gameplay from the start of the game without commentary from the Eng version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfytgjupgmM

Namikaze

Best Buy won't deliver my copy until Dec 13th by shipping :/ I thought it already shipped. Will see if I can get it sooner via the in store option.

CryptiK

Nice OP!

Didn't realize UK was getting this same time as the US, the wonders of speaking english. Hopefully there are enough copies, I'm sick of the small number for non-Nintendo 3DS games in general.
Its not. If you are basing the release off Amazon they are shipping it from the US and is a US Version, Unless UK 3DS's are not European. OP should really change this.

Impressions are looking much better than I could have hoped. Held off preordering on Amazon and since its out of stock I guess I'll do digital if I decide to go for it in the next few days. Nice to hear the update will offer so much additional stuff for free including characters.

Great OT OP!

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Its not. If you are basing the release off Amazon they are shipping it from the US and is a US Version, Unless UK 3DS's are not European. OP should really change this.

Oh? I'll change it, I was basing it off Amazon.co.uk... Sorry for any confusion it may have caused.

Parakeetman

Get ready to bow down to your new god.

qijUwNr.png

lol

Cody_D165

Banned
Been looking all over for impressions on this but few to be found it seems lol

Since it's a cheaper title I'll probably grab it soon if I can find it at Best Buy with GCU and try it out. Looks fun!

Didn't even know this existed until now, but it does look great. I'mma be busy for a little while but if I clear some room, I'll definitely have this game considered for a future purchase.

Amiibro

So is this game out or what in the USA? My preorder on Amazon has no delivery date. Best Buy's site says it comes out in December. I'm not sure what's going on here.

@MUWANdo

Banned
So is this game out or what in the USA? My preorder on Amazon has no delivery date. Best Buy's site says it comes out in December. I'm not sure what's going on here.

It was originally dated for December but Namco moved the date forward; lots of retailers released the game today (or as early as they received copies) but many others stuck to the original date and will not ship until then, so if you've pre-ordered with the likes of Target, Best Buy, etc you may want to cancel and look in-store for a copy.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Such a bizarre release. Apparently I can walk to gamestop right now and pick one up. But Bestbuy still has it listed as a December release and Amazon is "temporarily out of stock".

Opa-Pa

Really want to get this thanks to the great impressions, but none of the stores near me seem to have any copies... Oh well, I'm already playing Pokemon, but still.

"Alongside your favourite Dragon Ball characters (and Yamcha)"

Nice touch OP, nice touch. At least Krillin does stuff, Yamcha is such a laughing joke. Anyways I am looking forward to playing this down the line.

GeekyDad

Curious to read reviews and impressions. Watched some gameplay. and really don't know quite what to think of it. Love me some DB, but hopes aren't particularly high just yet.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Would you guys say Zamasu is a teq type?

I think he's a teq type.

Intru

Got the game on eshop last night, haven't had the time to try it out. Really excited to play it. Hopefully I can tonight.

Been a fan of Dragon Ball for a while, but this is the first Dragon Ball game I'll be trying out. The impressions from the Japanese version seemed very positive. I've always held off on the other games because I can't play fighting games at all. This should suit me well.

NeonZ

My first fused team, from when the feature was first unlocked. The designs are quite messy compared to before, although I like the Tenshinhan/Chiaotzu fusion. My avatar is fused with DB Goku, since I got the Dragon Fist for him from some random battle.

DragonballFusions_Screenshots_01_zpsera0c1sc.jpg

The character on the right is a fusion of two Fusions original characters - a Saiyan girl with Goku's hair who's a fan of SSJs and a Saiyan in Dabura's oufit who's supposed to be descendant from demons.

Kalentan

Hey question... Just before I continue on. I challenged Saiyaman on the first map and lost... Is that event gone now forever or does it come back around? I got a lot of exp despite losing and wonder if it's worth it to just reload, grind and come back.

Parakeetman

Hey question... Just before I continue on. I challenged Saiyaman on the first map and lost... Is that event gone now forever or does it come back around? I got a lot of exp despite losing and wonder if it's worth it to just reload, grind and come back.

Those will repop in the world at generally the same location where you found them. No idea what the actual timer is though.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
omg so much customization options

Edit: So I'm noticing some of the dialogue lines are cutting off. I press A to advance the screen when someone is in mid-sentence, and... it seems to skip a line and go to a new sentence?

@MUWANdo

Banned

Edit: So I'm noticing some of the dialogue lines are cutting off. I press A to advance the screen when someone is in mid-sentence, and... it seems to skip a line and go to a new sentence?

The localisation seems very sloppy overall, it's something you may just have to deal with.

Zero-ELEC

Banned

Those lines are literally off-screen. The implementation of the localized text isn't great.

SuperOrez

So far I'm liking it. I wish Namekians had a bit more faces to make up for lack of hair. Wheres my mustachioed Namekian at?

NeonZ

Another long shot, does this have any music from the original DB or DBZ series (JP soundtrack of course)?

Nah, game-only soundtrack. There's a slow danger theme that's oddly close in style to the OST of the original Z anime though, which is weird because nothing else is.

Parakeetman

Nah, game-only soundtrack. There's a slow danger theme that's oddly close in style to the OST of the original Z anime though, which is weird because nothing else is.

Must be due to licensing fees. Which is usually the reason why original tracks from the anime would be left out.

NeonZ

Hm... I've gotten to Area 5 (the Budokai arena in space). I can open rifts after every battle in area 4, but that doesn't happen in the earlier ones. I guess I'm just missing some more story progression? Or have I somehow bypassed some important event/sidequest?

Edit: I just got an event when I went to the tournament in area 5 saying that now I should be able to open rifts even in areas that were stable, but I can't seem to do it.

Edit2: Nevermind, it was just about rifts in area 5, not in the earlier ones.

Tabs

I've been playing a bunch this morning. Really enjoy the battle system and character building. I wish there was a little more info in the game. Nothing describes the additional effects, like "numb" and "unseal". Is there any indication of how far a move will push back? It almost seems they push farther not only by different move but also if they are lower on health (or KO'd)? Also, which moves push enemies back on the timeline, and how far? It's not as straight forward as Grandia in that regard.

NeonZ

I thought it was odd that getting SSJ Gohan was fairly easy
(A ranking rifts, map 4)
, but then I realized that he's just B ranked. Somehow Buu Saga Gohan is a higher ranked character here than Cell Saga Gohan. I don't get how that even happens considering how even Buu Gohan's bio mentions that he's rusty due to lack of training.

Voror

I thought it was odd that getting SSJ Gohan was fairly easy
(A ranking rifts, map 4)
, but then I realized that he's just B ranked. Somehow Buu Saga Gohan is a higher ranked character here than Cell Saga Gohan. I don't get how that even happens considering how even Buu Gohan's bio mentions that he's rusty due to lack of training.

It's not Mystic Gohan right? That's a separate one? If so then it seems to simply be a mistake though an odd one. Maybe they felt it would be strange if you had a character be weaker as he got older in-game unless they have characters where that happens.

keakster

Glad to see this get an OT. I'm about 3 hours in, and while the game isn't perfect, as a Dragonball fan I can see myself putting a lot of time into this.

There are so many characters to unlock and 115 challenges to complete. Looking forward to it!

Top Bottom