• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Fusions |OT| HA!!

The confirmation of the online stuff is really great to see. And coming monday for the US, too! Very excited to dive back into the game with this new content, this is probably my favorite Dragonball game now.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Last thing I remember doing in Fusions was trying to recruit Beerus. It took like 4 separate days and I still didn't end up with him.

NeonZ

Last thing I remember doing in Fusions was trying to recruit Beerus. It took like 4 separate days and I still didn't end up with him.

It hasn't been mentioned there, but if they're including everything else, the update also should be including a new area where it's easy to find rare characters. Although it apparently has a daily limitation of uses.

Did they ever add swords back into the North American version yet?

The only chance this has of happening is the patch releasing tomorrow, but I don't think it's likely.

The sticks thing is super weird because there's powers that are just straight up "shoot people with a real-world gun" that characters like Hercule get.

On a related note, the Majin Hercule fusion (Buu + Hercule) using a real-world gun to 'beam struggle' with things like spirit bombs or special beam cannons, is hilarious.

NeonZ

There are some tweaks to some movesets. Most of them seem to have been done to allow some fusions to use unique fusion attacks now - for example, Goku (Turtle gi) now can use Ultra Spirit Bomb, which means that his fusion with Broly now has access to Gigantic Spirit Bomb.

Vegeta (Saiyan Saga) now can use the God-like Big Bang Attack, which gives the Yamcha/Vegeta fusion the Big Bang Spirit Ball.

Also, full movesets for all avatar types listed bellow, including gender exclusive attacks.

HUMANS

Quick Rush
Kamehameha
Speed Up
Planet Bomb
Super Kamehameha
Quick Rush EX
Super Planet Bomb
Ki Pass
Full Power Kamehameha
Speed Shout
Quick Rush SP
Ultra Planet Bomb
Limit Break Kamehameha (lvl 88)
Fighting Shout (Male - lvl 96) / Gravity Blast (Female - lvl 96)
Energy Burst
Energy Burst Break

SAIYANS

Buster Rush
Garlick Gun
Energy Charge
Angry Rush
taunt
super garlick gun
full power charge
angry rush ex
Group Taunt
hyper garlick gun
maximum charge
angry rush sp
super saiyan
Limit Break (Male) / Universal Explosion (Female)
Energy Burst
Energy Burst Break

NAMEKIAN
Arts Rush
Mouth Energy Wave
Regeneration (Lvl 8)
Special Beam Cannon (Lvl 16)
Decoy (Lvl 24)
Arts Rush EX (Lvl 32)
Super Regeneration (Lvl 40)
Super Special Beam Cannon (lvl 48)
Arts Rush SP (Lvl 56)
Ultra Mouth Energy Wave
Perfect Regeneration
FP Special Beam Cannon
Unleash Potential
Amazing Spear
Energy Burst
Energy Burst Break

ALIEN

Energy Blade
Energy Blast
Guard Up
Earth Breaker
Power Up
Super Energy Blade
Super Energy Blast
Hi-Speed Earth Breaker
Speed Up
Hyper Energy Blade
Ultra Energy Blast
S Hi-Speed Earth Breaker
Dual Edge Smash
Psychic Wave (Male) / Ultimate Technique (Female)
Energy Burst
Energy Burst Break

OFFWORLDER

Fake Shot
Magical Thunder
Heal Power
Shooting Rain
Heal Beam
Trick Shot
Psychic Thunder
Shooting Bullet
Super Heal Beam
Mystic Shot
Illusion Thunder
Shooting blast
Hyper Heal Beam
Galactic Ray (Male) / Time Skip (Female)
Energy Burst
Energy Burst Break

Aliens seem laughably slow. Even as a speed type, Trunks gets like 3 turns before I do. Is there any way to fix this, or am I screwing myself over by playing an Alien?

NeonZ

Yeah, aliens have the slowest base speed (Aliens < Saiyans < Humans < Namekians < Offworlders). Aliens do have the strongest melee though, and melee attacks are generally the most damaging ones. Later on, there are some characters with the skill "First Striker" that allows them to act before characters without that skill, and you can always fuse with them.

bumpkin

I wish they'd put out a demo on the eShop (in the US). I was a huge DBZ fan back in the day and the trailers have me intrigued.

I wish they'd put out a demo on the eShop (in the US). I was a huge DBZ fan back in the day and the trailers have me intrigued.

The game's worth picking up if you're even vaguely interested in it. It's a lot of fun. And if you've got a discount through Amazon or Best Buy it's only like $20ish

Rizzi

Played a few hours since it finally released here a few days ago. Pretty solid. I seem to have out-levelled the story by a fair margin though.

Lagamorph

Ok, really not liking the Zenkai attacks to recruit people system.
The ultra gauge takes waaaay to long to fill up. Especially considering the game makes it really easy to get massively overpowered very early on and oneshot peolle, so you're left with no choice but to charge ki endlessly while the opponent attacks you and very slowly fills the gauge.

Even worse, if you get a Zenkai attack that KOs multiple opponents to try and save time, you still only get to recruit one of them.

NeonZ

Ok, really not liking the Zenkai attacks to recruit people system.
The ultra gauge takes waaaay to long to fill up. Especially considering the game makes it really easy to get massively overpowered very early on and oneshot peolle, so you're left with no choice but to charge ki endlessly while the opponent attacks you and very slowly fills the gauge.

Keep a character with an attack that heals or give stat boosts to multiple characters at once - although I guess if you're still in the beginning of the game you won't have anything like that. Those healing/boost attacks with multiple targets fill the gauge very quickly.

Finally got a streetpass fusion to happen!

Arale + SSJ Blue Vegito

K5YDYpY.jpg

she's the strongest

mBcH0Qn.jpg

Any tipps how to make my Alien CaC a bit faster? I knew they are the slowest race when I chose my character, but their customization options were just too good for me to ignore them (you can basically create a blue Radditz, how cool is that?!). So I went with speed type to at least get the fastest Alien possible, but that unfortunately is still extremely slow. I'm not that far into the story (3rd floor of the world, still can't fuse characters), so I was hoping that there are at least characters who can boost an ally's speed. But no luck so far :/
It's certainly not a deal breaker as the fights aren't really hard and my CaC packs quite a punch, it's just kinda frustrating when every other character gets two or even three possibilities to attack before my CaC gets even one :/

God damn, that looks amazing lol.

Are streetpass fusions special or is this possible via EX fusion?

Unfortunately this isn't doable via EX fusion. EX fusions (except for with the CaC) are pre-set combos with custom models and movesets. Streetpass lets you just mash together whoever you want and it kind of scrambles model bits and colors together for you from the two characters involved.

It's unfortunately a huge pain in the butt to get a Streetpass fusion done if you want a specific combo of characters, and even if you're just kind of looking for anything at all it can take forever since not a lot of people own this game even in areas where you can get lots of Streetpasses.

I got lucky after trying to get one since launch back in november. finally happened.

NeonZ

Any tipps how to make my Alien CaC a bit faster? I knew they are the slowest race when I chose my character, but their customization options were just too good for me to ignore them (you can basically create a blue Radditz, how cool is that?!). So I went with speed type to at least get the fastest Alien possible, but that unfortunately is still extremely slow. I'm not that far into the story (3rd floor of the world, still can't fuse characters), so I was hoping that there are at least characters who can boost an ally's speed. But no luck so far :/
It's certainly not a deal breaker as the fights aren't really hard and my CaC packs quite a punch, it's just kinda frustrating when every other character gets two or even three possibilities to attack before my CaC gets even one :/

There are techniques to boost ally's speed, and alien cac itself can get a self speed boost. There are also some characters you can fuse with that come with a skill that boosts speed or to attack first (First Striker for the later, can't remember what's the name of the speed boosting one).

Nightbird

This Game is way more fun than i thought it would be.

I have a hard time deciding if i like this or Budokai Tenkaichi 3 more haha

This game absolutely surprised me. It's my favorite Dragonball game since the original Budokai on PS2/GC. I love the animation, the open worlds, the amount of characters, the battle mechanics are awesome too. I really hope there is a sequel for 3DS or Switch. If you are a Dragonball fan this is a must buy

Lagamorph

Ok, can someone please explain how the fuck recruitment actually works?

I just spent over an hour grinding battles on the 7th floor to get G rank rifts in order to get Beerus and Whis to appear. Finally got them to appear, both had stars indicating they could be recruited. Took out Beerus with a Zenkai attack, he didn't get scouted. Took out Whis with another Zenkai attack, he didn't get scouted either.

This has happened on multiple characters to me now. I lost SSJ Broly like this as well. Had a star, took him out with Zenkai, no recruitment. I thought it was because he bounced off other players, but Whis and Beerus didn't. Beerus was a ring out, Whis wasn't, so it doesn't seem dependant on any of those.
The recruitment through Zenkai attacks is a bad enough system as it is without throwing random failures into it, especially when you have to endlessly fight the same scrubs over and over and over just to make timeholes appear.

NeonZ

The higher the damage you cause with the Zenkai attack, the higher are the chances of recruitment. That's explained in the game's tips section. For G ranking enemies, it's usually recommended to go with very strong attacks with a character of their opposite type - SSJ (the player and generic character skill, not the characters from the show) also is very useful for that. If they block, there's basically no chance of success.

You can make unique characters appear fairly easily by going into the Ziku-kan Radar area (Streetpass control pannel in the ship) and opening portals with black stars + the symbol of the type of character you want.

I just discovered that there is a steelbook version, exclusive to spain.
Would love to own it, but wonder if it's playable in english.
I 99% assume yes, because they usually make just one version for Europe, but does anybody here know for sure?

Edit:

Just bought it anyway, because there was only one left, at that nice price.
Guess I just have to learn spanish, if there is no English on the cartridge :)

Edit 2:

Ah, back box art mentions english subtitles. Very good.

I managed to finally show this game to my nephew yesterday, who is a huge DB nut. He asked if i could buy him a copy.

I first went to Base.com where I got it for like $35 Aust, but they were sold out. I have since checked everywhere I can think of that sell the PAL region (EBGames, JBhifi, Ozgameshop, Mighty Ape, etc) and NO ONE has it available. It has sold out everywhere.

ryushe

Hey, so the game's on sale for $14.99 on the US eShop until June 20th.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/dragon-ball-fusions-3ds

Honestly not sure about the other regions though.

Anyway, played it for about an hour and man, I'm not sure what I expected, but I'm constantly surprised at how much fun the game is. The battle system especially since it has a mix of marbles, Grandia's turn order mechanic and Fire Emblems weapon triangle (which is just rock, paper, scissors). Highly recommend if you're a Dragon Ball fan.

Top Bottom