• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Fusions |OT| HA!!

I've been enjoying this game a ton but didn't know about the upcoming DLC stuff adding a Zamasu/Kid Goku EX Fusion. Crazy, but super interesting. Really looking forward to getting all that content in the US.

Finally recruited the full Goku line and currently have my CaC fused with SSJ God Goku until I finish all the weekly tournaments and unlock the fusion with SSJGSSJ Goku, which is going to look awesome. Love that blue hair.

There's a lot to do in this game if you enjoy the recruitment method and combat, which I certainly do, and I was surprised how much more I enjoyed this game than Xenoverse 1 or 2.

Hopefully I start streetpassing people though. Haven't had a single one yet.

NeonZ

Both Uub and Gohan (Cell games) get Kamehameha as their very last skill (FP for Uub, LB for Gohan) after not getting any variations before. It's kind of odd considering how the pattern usually goes with characters getting multiple variations of attacks like those, but still better than nothing.

Gohan_SSJ_young_01_zpscxqkripk.jpg

Gohan SSJ also gets a "power up" skill right before the Limit Break Kamehameha... I guess the "Power Up" and Kamehameha are meant to be a half baked SSJ2 since they didn't include the actual SSJ2 in the game.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I don't understand these rifts, how do I open higher ranking ones exactly? I fought multiple battles with one rift able to be open and nothing else showed up. I ended up saying forget it and went to the rift anyways where no one was recuitable. What a colossal waste of time/

It would be nice if the rifts stayed on the map so I don't have to fish around for them

NeonZ

I don't understand these rifts, how do I open higher ranking ones exactly? I fought multiple battles with one rift able to be open and nothing else showed up. I ended up saying forget it and went to the rift anyways where no one was recuitable. What a colossal waste of time/

Finish one battle and there's a rift ready to be open. If you charge up and go into that rift, you'll trigger an A ranking rift (red colored).

Finish another battle nearby, and there should be two rifts in your radar now. Charge up when both rifts (blue dots) are appearing in your radar and both will open at once and then fuse together, creating an S ranking rift (yellow colored).

Do the same with three rifts, and it'll open a G ranking rift (Blue colored).

Keep in mind what I said above about the radar - the blue dots of the rifts need to appear in your radar and you need to charge up enough for your energy to reach them. The radar's limit is also the limit of the max charge you can get (if you don't charge enough, it won't reach rifts that are visible in the radar but still away from you). If you're far away enough from the rift, they won't appear blinking in your radar and even the max charge won't reach them. This counts both horizontal and vertical distance, even though the radar won't show the vertical movement.

The rift battles are always random, so you might need to go in there several times before getting the battle you want. However, each rift battle only consumes one rift. So, after you go into a G ranking rift, when you win or run away, there'll be two rifts open already, and you'll only need to go into one random battle to leave three rifts around and open another G ranking rift.

There's also a trick to exploit the RNG - if you open the rifts by charging up (rather than leaving them as blue dots), and then go into some location aside from the spaceship, when you come out they'll be back to blue dots, rather than disappearing. This is useful because you can save the game with the rifts floating around already, ready to become a G ranking rift after you activate them.

All online guides that exist for this game are incomplete too, sometimes not listing how some characters only can appear or become recruitable after specific quests are done. All versions of Goku and Vegeta, aside from Kid Goku from GT, can only be gotten from rifts after you've finished the main story. Same goes to Freeza, Cell and Cell jrs, who also need specific post-end game sidequests finished before being recruited (I'm not completely sure about the Cell Jrs though). Characters that you get in side-quests, like Cell Games Gohan, Uub, Future Trunks and Vegetto, can only get their advanced forms recruited from rifts if you've already recruited their base form from their own sidequests. There's also some outright wrong information (SSJ God Goku is from an S Ranking Rift, not G).

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Thanks for the tips, though the problem now is I can't even find any blue dots. Right now if I warp to 2F and 4F it will say there's a rift open, can I go looking around for rifts or do I need to complete a battle. What about when I go to 3F and it says nothing?

NeonZ

Thanks for the tips, though the problem now is I can't even find any blue dots. Right now if I warp to 2F and 4F it will say there's a rift open, can I go looking around for rifts or do I need to complete a battle. What about when I go to 3F and it says nothing?

In the beginning of the game you can't freely open Rifts. Right now I don't think you can create Rifts from battles in Area 1, 2 and 3 at all. Regarding Area 2 and Area 4, there are pre-existing Rifts that are tied to sidequests. They'll just be floating around somewhere until you open them and the sidequest starts. Fly around all floating islands, paying attention to your map (and keep in mind what I said about height affecting the radar's range) and you should be able to find the blue blinking dots (they fade in and out) and charge up to open them.

Regarding Area 4, specifically, there are a bunch of quests there tied to rifts. Have you already gotten Bardock and Ginne? If yes then the next one should be in that fissure in the middle of the alien city.

After you get to a certain point in the main story in Area 4, you'll also be able to open Rifts from battle, but only in Area 4 itself - the same is true for Area 5 (the characters will outright talk about training by opening rifts when you get to a certain part of Area 5). The ability to open Rifts in all areas only opens when you get to a sidequest to gather all Dragonballs later.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I finished the dragon ball quest and I'm up to Pinich but I'm having a tough time. Can I recruit regular characters now or do I still have to beat Pinich which I presume finishes the game

I feel like you should have been able to recruit characters awhile ago.

If you're having a tough time, fuse with someone. And fuse the other characters on your team.

mrjohill

How do you know what skills you can equip for your created character? Like I just got sword attack and I'm not able to equip it. Would I be able to latter?

NeonZ

How do you know what skills you can equip for your created character? Like I just got sword attack and I'm not able to equip it. Would I be able to latter?

One of the stat screens shows what skills can be equipped, exactly like with any other party member. The list of skills is based on your chosen race and you get more skills by leveling up, but it's also quite limited in some ways.

You're meant to expand it by fusing with other characters who can use the skills you might want. The Ex Fusion mechanic, which allows the protagonist to fuse with anyone, is introduced in a story event when you advance through the third area.

Here's the default skill list for all races aside from Namekians though.

HUMANS

Quick Rush
Kamehameha
Speed Up
Planet Bomb
Super Kamehameha
Quick Rush EX
Super Planet Bomb
Ki Pass
Full Power Kamehameha
Speed Shout
Quick Rush SP
Ultra Planet Bomb
Limit Break Kamehameha (lvl 88)
Gravity Blast (lvl 96)
Energy Burst
Energy Burst Break

SAIYANS

Buster Rush
Garlick Gun
Energy Charge
Angry Rush
taunt
super garlick gun
full power charge
angry rush ex
Group Taunt
hyper garlick gun
maximum charge
angry rush sp
super saiyan
limit breaker
energy burst
energy burst break

ALIEN

Energy Blade
Energy Blast
Guard Up
Earth Breaker
Power Up
Super Energy Blade
Super Energy Blast
Hi-Speed Earth Breaker
Speed Up
Hyper Energy Blade
Ultra Energy Blast
S Hi-Speed Earth Breaker
Dual Edge Smash
Psychic Wave
Energy Burst
Energy Burst Break

OFFWORLDER

Fake Shot
Magical Thunder
Heal Power
Shooting Rain
Heal Beam
Trick Shot
Psychic Thunder
Shooting Bullet
Super Heal Beam
Mystic Shot
Illusion Thunder
Shooting blast
Hyper Heal Beam
Time Skip
Energy Burst
Energy Burst Break

Taborcarn

I finished the story and I'm now working on the post-game content. First most of the game I didn't really use the regular Dragonball characters, I'd rather just a whole team of fused rando jobbers (aside from Pandel). My most powerful character was the highly-unfortunately-named Oatsee.

So now I'm scouring the floors looking for anyone I missed, and just swapping out the fusions as each one hits level 100. This is really the first game I've done that kind of thing with. Normally after the story ends I just put it down unless there's compelling multiplayer too.

keakster

From what I have gathered from the Japanese guides, there are 329 recruit-able characters? and the other 800 entries are fusions?

Being a big DB fan and a completionist is a deadly combination with this game

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Anyone having trouble scouting Super Vegetto? I'veknocked him out with a Zenkai attack twice and he hasn't joined. I already did the side quest to get regular Vegetto and this Super Vegetto had a yellow star under his name

NeonZ

Anyone having trouble scouting Super Vegetto? I'veknocked him out with a Zenkai attack twice and he hasn't joined. I already did the side quest to get regular Vegetto and this Super Vegetto had a yellow star under his name

The higher the damage you cause with the Zenkai attack, the higher are the chances they'll join you afterwards. This is very relevant for S and G ranking characters who have a naturally low chance of joining. Aside from using a high ranking character and naturally damaging attacks, in a case like this the character type triangle also might be relevant, since it's a 50% damage bonus.

The higher the damage you cause with the Zenkai attack, the higher are the chances they'll join you afterwards. This is very relevant for S and G ranking characters who have a naturally low chance of joining. Aside from using a high ranking character and naturally damaging attacks, in a case like this the character type triangle also might be relevant, since it's a 50% damage bonus.

In addition to this, some characters require you to get them to low health before using the Zenkai if you want a good shot at recruiting them. The SSJGSSJ Goku and Vegeta in particular should be around 25% hp or lower before using a Zenkai if you want a reasonable chance at recruiting them, in particular. Those two are very stubborn.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I got a mission from Freeza-era Gohan to draw out an enemy by gathering Energy, fought a few fights and nothing seems to be happening---is there an exact fight I need to do?

Got to say though this game is pretty great, the battle system is surprisingly addictive though I feel like the game is already super easy and won't get much harder---even when one of my characters is ganged up on and KO'd like in the Ginyu fight I can just bring them right back with an Ultra Fusion, and rinse and repeat.

Also I really enjoy the designs of the original characters and how each has their own little profile, some of them are really neat looking---love the designs of the Alien characters especially since they have a lot of variety.

Looking forward to recruiting some of my favorite minor characters though like Dabura and Dodoria---I don't think Yajirobe is in this game, or at least not recruitable, right?

I don't understand the block mechanic, is it purely rng based ?

It's prediction-based. You have to make a call about where they're most likely to hit you, and sometimes the AI makes a decision you're not expecting. Generally they're going to either hit you towards one of their allies, one of your allies, or the outside of the ring. If you're surrounded by a lot of options for them it can be hard to predict what they'll go for, but they usually favor whatever's going to inflict the most damage total (to current character + any other allies effected), weighing potentially knocking someone out of the arena more heavily than other options.

Very rarely do they just pick a direction at random, but if there's a surplus of options available to them it can be hard to know what one they'll try for.

It's prediction-based. You have to make a call about where they're most likely to hit you, and sometimes the AI makes a decision you're not expecting. Generally they're going to either hit you towards one of their allies, one of your allies, or the outside of the ring. If you're surrounded by a lot of options for them it can be hard to predict what they'll go for, but they usually favor whatever's going to inflict the most damage total (to current character + any other allies effected), weighing potentially knocking someone out of the arena more heavily than other options.

Very rarely do they just pick a direction at random, but if there's a surplus of options available to them it can be hard to know what one they'll try for.

Ok thanks ! That's a really interesting concept !

So far really liking the game, it reminds a lot of grandia I wonder just if I can go super saiyan one day

NeonZ

I got a mission from Freeza-era Gohan to draw out an enemy by gathering Energy, fought a few fights and nothing seems to be happening---is there an exact fight I need to do?

You'll need 500 of the red (Saiyan) energy to accomplish that mission. Return to "Hercule" City when you have enough energy and you'll see what you need to do.

Also, after you get his base form, you can get
his Cell Games SSJ version pretty early in Area 4 from A Ranking Rifts - although he only gets good by the time he's almost reaching max level...

Looking forward to recruiting some of my favorite minor characters though like Dabura and Dodoria---I don't think Yajirobe is in this game, or at least not recruitable, right?

Yeah, no Yajirobe.

Ok thanks ! That's a really interesting concept !

So far really liking the game, it reminds a lot of grandia I wonder just if I can go super saiyan one day

Super Saiyan is one of the last skills Saiyan characters can learn, and it's a rare drop from two specific Saiyans (Sesamy, a female Saiyan in rustic clothing, and Skwash, tanned Saiyan in pink clothes and with a champion belt, or any fusion that has them as components). You'll likely only get it after you're done with the story. It's incredibly powerful stat-wise, much more powerful than the actual Super Saiyans from the series you can get through the game - but it has to be activated during battles rather than starting like that.

Even if your avatar isn't a Saiyan, you can still use that skill by fusing with either one of those later (although, of course, only after getting the skill in the first place).

Super Saiyan is one of the last skills Saiyan characters can learn, and it's a rare drop from two specific Saiyans (Sesamy, a female Saiyan in rustic clothing, and Skwash, tanned Saiyan in pink clothes and with a champion belt, or any fusion that has them as components). You'll likely only get it after you're done with the story. It's incredibly powerful stat-wise, much more powerful than the actual Super Saiyans from the series you can get through the game - but it has to be activated during battles rather than starting like that.

Even if your avatar isn't a Saiyan, you can still use that skill by fusing with either one of those later (although, of course, only after getting the skill in the first place).

So all the Saiyan that will join me can only get Super Saiyan at end game or you talk only about the main character ?

NeonZ

So all the Saiyan that will join me can only get Super Saiyan at end game or you talk only about the main character ?

The main character. The Saiyans from the show itself get their SSJ forms as separate characters you choose before combat.

Watch Da Birdie

You'll need 500 of the red (Saiyan) energy to accomplish that mission. Return to "Hercule" City when you have enough energy and you'll see what you need to do.

Guess I'll need to go recruit some more Saiyans though so I can carry that much. Thanks!

I don't understand Teen Gohan sidequest, I need to have enough energy to lure the bad guy but I have like 999 blue energy and 300 of each energy that is not blue, how much do I need it to lure him ?

Watch Da Birdie

Got EX Fusion and fucked up when I fused my MC with Saibaman, didn't like the result, and canceled without putting back the Special Moves leaving him with nothing---rather confusing UI. No matter, I went and fused him with a neat looking Tien copycat I got and now my Namekian is rocking Tri Beam.

Man this EX Fusion system is addicting just seeing all the combinations!

It's me again I have 2 questions :

Jaco give me a sub quest to find a timespace hole to beat vilain but I don't know where, where it is ?

Also
how can I attack hildegarn

edit : nvm, just finished the game lol, that was really cool

edit 2 : is there a list for unlocking all the characters ? I saw a need a S-rank timespace hole to obtain goku but all I have are random characters and android 17

Finally getting around to this. Would Power, Speed or Technique be the best skill for my Female Majin?

I did Speed, since I like the line-based ki blast, but honestly it's up to you. I felt like there was a lack of Power character options until postgame.

Speed does give you a slight edge if you're going for a support build, which the Otherworlder race is good at due to the powers they can use. Acting more often and more quickly lets you get some clutch heals out.

Durden77

I feel like this game would hit the spot so fuckin hard right now. So sad I had to sell my 3DS when I was on hard times.

It's me again but it has been five hours I tried to recruit Vegeta with his old armor, I know he is unlockable by getting a S-rank timespace hole on world 3 but I only got him once and oddly enough he didn't join me when I did a Zenkai attack. So now I'm trying my hardest to find him again but no luck, is there some trick I missed to get him ?

Also how do I get the title number uno ?

Opa-Pa

It's me again but it has been five hours I tried to recruit Vegeta with his old armor, I know he is unlockable by getting a S-rank timespace hole on world 3 but I only got him once and oddly enough he didn't join me when I did a Zenkai attack. So now I'm trying my hardest to find him again but no luck, is there some trick I missed to get him ?

Also how do I get the title number uno ?

The amount of damage you do with zenkai influences wether they join you or not. You won't notice this at first because all the low rank generics will join you 99% of the time, but higher rank characters, especially canon characters are way trickier.

The amount of damage you do with zenkai influences wether they join you or not. You won't notice this at first because all the low rank generics will join you 99% of the time, but higher rank characters, especially canon characters are way trickier.

Ow that's why, that's really a lot of work

Ohnonono

I picked up this game on a whim and am having so much fun with it. I don't even really know much about DBZ, but I love the art and the combat is very fun. Just got to where I can recruit new characters. Can't wait for fusion stuff as that sounds pretty neat.

Lagamorph

Is there any word yet on if the European release is going to have the same censorship that the American version got with sword using characters?

NandoGip

Might get a 3DS just for this game. Anyone know where i can get a cheap 3DS online? Also does this game /lookperform better with the new 3DS?

Should i use as many EX fusion characters as possible in my team? Like it would make sense to do that

They're generally stronger than non-fusion characters, but it can also pay to use some mid-combat fusions like SSJ Goten and SSJ Trunks making SSJ/SSJ3 Gotenks, which is a lot stronger than EX Gotenks, but only lasts a few turns.

In terms of completing the hardest content in the game though you will absolutely need EX fusion characters.

LNBL

They're generally stronger than non-fusion characters, but it can also pay to use some mid-combat fusions like SSJ Goten and SSJ Trunks making SSJ/SSJ3 Gotenks, which is a lot stronger than EX Gotenks, but only lasts a few turns.

In terms of completing the hardest content in the game though you will absolutely need EX fusion characters.

Ok thanks!

Im at the Hell stage now with the main story. The G portals im opening are almost always full with random characters that i cant recruit :/ Am i missing something? Thought you'd get more canon characters from those to recruit them.

NandoGip

Got the game :) I'm about an hour or two into and really enjoying it. Disappointed to read that they have a lot of original characters instead of actual manga/show/movie characters. I can't complain though because I'm just happy that this game exists in the first place.

I have a question about the combat: what does the numbers on the physical attack or ki technique means? I don't get when I should use physical and when a technique

Good news, DLC is coming to the US on the same day the game is releasing in EU, Feb 17th.

Will grant the following characters:

- Future Trunks (Super)
- SSJ Future Trunks (Super)
- Goku Black
- SSJR Goku Black
- Zamasu
- Fused Zamasu
- SSJGSSJ Vegito

These characters will allow for the following new fusions:

- Kalory Black (SSJR Goku Black + Broly)
- EX Trunks (Kid Trunks + Future Trunks (Super) )
- Gomasu (Kid Goku + Zamasu)

And of course includes a whole suite of new attack powers that these new characters and fusions will be using, like Black Kamehameha and Spirit Sword, as well as the outfits of all these new characters being made available for players.

It seems like the QR Code Reader (which unlocks some special characters) and the online play modes that Japan got might not be included? That would be disappointing but not totally unexpected.

Also I finally finished getting the roster filled out with canon characters. Hoorayyyy. Don't care about all the random whoevers made just for the game but I got all the DB/Z/GT/Super/XV people so I'm pretty satisfied with that.

Top Bottom