• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Manga/Anime |OT| This isn't even our final thread

Anth0ny

So is it a chapter a week?

I hear Shonen Jump alpha (or whatever it's called) gets completely un-edited art straight from Shueisha. Could this be the first official, un-edited release of the Dragon Ball manga in North America? lol

Kokonoe

Banned
I just realized that power level doesn't equate to speed like so many believe because if that was the case, Super Trunks wouldn't have been so slow, Goku wouldn't have called the form incomplete (yet it being more powerful), and Cell's demonstration of it even though the power matched, still didn't match his speed.

I just realized that power level doesn't equate to speed like so many believe because if that was the case, Super Trunks wouldn't have been so slow, Goku wouldn't have called the form incomplete (yet it being more powerful), and Cell's demonstration of it even though the power matched, still didn't match his speed.

They weren't really using power levels as a metric in Cell Saga, were they?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Refresh my memory:

Why couldn't Future Trunks, in his own timeline, just use the Earth or the Namekian dragonballs to wish Goku back after he died from heart disease? Or to cure Goku of the heart disease?

They should totally do a movie set in the future timeline when Goku comes back to kill Freeza and his dad.

Refresh my memory:

Why couldn't Future Trunks, in his own timeline, just use the Earth or the Namekian dragonballs to wish Goku back after he died from heart disease? Or to cure Goku of the heart disease?

They should totally do a movie set in the future timeline when Goku comes back to kill Freeza and his dad.

Piccolo was already dead by that time which made Earth's Dragon Balls go kerplunk (and he didn't know about Dende or anyone else who could potentially become a new guardian).

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Piccolo was already dead by that time which made Earth's Dragon Balls go kerplunk (and he didn't know about Dende or anyone else who could potentially become a new guardian).

Why couldn't they use the Namekian balls? The same strategy they did the last time Piccolo died? They didn't know where New Namek was?

Rajack

Refresh my memory:

hole ridden plot devices

andymcc

Banned
Refresh my memory:

I don't think the Dragon can revive people that die of natural causes (like disease).

javac

Thinking of picking up Dragon ball z kai season one to three on bluray for old times sake. Btw to all you UK dbz fans, kai is on Kix. Sky channel 627.

mltplkxr

I've been re-watching the original dragonball anime, up to episode 120. I do this every few years, love it.

Dragon Ball is timeless. I've just finished Dragon Ball and I'm starting Fist of the North Star right now. Both came where on TV at about the same time according to Wikipedia (84 FotNS / 86 DB), and the quality of Dragon Ball is just outstanding by comparison. There's so much more variety in every aspect. I love both but DB is on another level.

andymcc

Banned
Dragon Ball is timeless. I've just finished Dragon Ball and I'm starting Fist of the North Star right now. Both came where on TV at about the same time according to Wikipedia (84 FotNS / 86 DB), and the quality of Dragon Ball is just outstanding by comparison. There's so much more variety in every aspect. I love both but DB is on another level.

the viewership of DB was astronomically higher too i'd imagine. During DB, the show would have 20%+ viewership. even the mega-popular series of today, such as One Piece, can't hold a candle to that.

Anth0ny

Colored manga is out in Japan. Should be out in English today too via Viz's digital service.

Kanzenshuu has some comparison pics:

Colored page vs. original black and white:

jp_coloring_compare_1pnz4c.jpg

Newly colored page (top) vs. original colored page (bottom):

I think they look pretty fuckin' good.

Kanzenshuu has a whole write up about them. Check it out.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
They didn't mention specific numbers, but they mentioned how Super Trunks caught up to Perfect Cell in power but couldn't match his speed. So yes.

Of course Perfect Cell was still holding back at th etime. The only time he actually went all out was against Gohan (and taken out in 2 punches).

Against Vegeta, Gohan, Trunks, and Goku, he had been holding back until then.

Something has been bothering me.

Picollo Jr in the original dragonball went from being a wee nipper to late teens early 20s, in 3 years.

Dende didn't age the same way.

jaxword

Something has been bothering me.

Picollo Jr in the original dragonball went from being a wee nipper to late teens early 20s, in 3 years.

Dende didn't age the same way.

Piccolo jr was a corrupted, warrior-class Namek.

Dende was a healer.

Different gestation periods for either.

Real reason is Toriyama made it up on the go, but you get the idea.

Thats the first time i've ever seen the russian roulette scene on the princess snake episode of DBZ. That was cut on air in the UK I suppose.

Lololol.

Tizoc

Haven't been following much DB series news so if someone could clarify a few things
1- When is the new DB(Z) movie getting released in japan?
2- What's the latest update on the post Cell episodes getting the 'Kai' treatment?

Anth0ny

Supposedly there's a new form in the film.

Goku transforms into Super Saiyan God.

Sounds like something on a Geocities fan website in 1999.

Takao

Banned
Haven't been following much DB series news so if someone could clarify a few things
1- When is the new DB(Z) movie getting released in japan?
2- What's the latest update on the post Cell episodes getting the 'Kai' treatment?

1. March 13.
2. When the Japanese voice actors confirmed it late last year. No release date yet.

jaxword

Supposedly there's a new form in the film.

Goku transforms into Super Saiyan God.

Sounds like something on a Geocities fan website in 1999.

Yeah, that was my site, I made up SSJ level MAXXX when I was in grade 4.

Glad they finally read my fanfic, I sent it to them over 3000 times.

Takao

Banned
why can't i hold all of this news

Dragon Ball SD, that manga no one cares about is interrupting their regularily scheduled programming to bring us a Battle of Gods tie-in:

m6AkKkT.gif

zqaB8sO.gif

E4V8JaI.gif

FCtO0qL.gif

(From Saikyo Jump.com's preview, don't ban me)

NOTE: The chapter appears to tell the story from the early part of the upcoming movie, weaving together bits and pieces we have seen from the various trailers and promotional materials. Those wishing to avoid more detailed “spoilers” may wish to stop reading, though it is likely that events in the “SD” version will differ at least slightly from the theatrical version.

The story begins on Kaiō-sama‘s planet with him, Goku and Bubbles. Kaiō becomes extremely agitated when he senses Birusu’s awakening. Goku asks him what’s up, and Kaiō describes him using the narration from the first trailer for the movie. Kaiō stammers out Birusu’s name as he realizes the God of Destruction is standing right behind him (not the “lanky blue guy” that Goku thought, who is actually Birusu’s attendant), and proceeds to go into obsequious-mode as Birusu says it has been a while since they last met. Birusu is here, however, because he has business with the Saiyan.

The God of Destruction tells Goku of the prophetic dream about “Super Saiyan God”, but Goku says he has only heard of plain old Super Saiyan. Kaiō has not heard of it, either. Birusu decides to leave (at Uisu’s suggestion) to inquire with the Saiyan Prince on a planet called “Earth”, but before he leaves, he accedes to Goku’s request to fight with him, since Goku heard he’s super-duper strong. The God tells Goku to come at him with his full power. Goku revs up to Super Saiyan 3. Uisu is mildly impressed, and Birusu instructs Goku to come at him — Goku is surprised they are not taken aback. Goku comes flying in with a punch, and there is a large explosion… but when the smoke clears, the God is effortlessly holding Goku’s fist in his hand. Birusu flicks Goku in the forehead, sending him tumbling around Kaiō’s planet.

Birusu goes off to Earth to visit Vegeta, while Goku is down for the count, and Kaiō stands there with Bubbles, mouth agape, though he snaps out of it when he realizes he needs to warn Vegeta.

Back on Earth, everyone is gathered at Capsule Corporation for Bulma’s birthday party. Kuririn asks how old she is, but she retorts with a “Shut up!” while Vegeta mutters that it is the “same lousy thing” every single year. She eventually answers, “in SD, I’m always a youthful 16!!!” — Kuririn protests that, if that were the case, he would only be 13! Kaiō telepathically contacts Vegeta to explain the situation, and notes that whatever he does, he must not anger Birusu, lest he destroy not only the Earth, but the entire galaxy.

Vegeta is suitably freaked out, not least because of all the happy people enjoying themselves around him. As Kuririn plays with his daughter, Piccolo sings karaoke (much to the dismay of Goten and Trunks), and everyone toasts to Bulma’s good health, Vegeta looks over (eyes bugging out) to notice Birusu lounging on a deck chair across the way. Kaiō was not exaggerating: Birusu is indeed a big deal. The chapter closes on Birusu asking Vegeta about Super Saiyan God, and Vegeta repeating the words back at him. The ending narration says you will have to see the rest with your own eyes at the movie theater!

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2013/03/03/battle-of-gods-sd-in-april-2013-saikyo-jump/

So Kai Boo saga stuff:

The music will be new, not Kikuchi reuse. The music won't be composed by Takaki Hiroshi (Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans and Episode of Bardock).

MegalonJJ

Banned
Hi guys, I need some help from fans of the Bruce Faulconer soundtrack,

What is/(are) the name(s) of the tracks that play during 0.14-1.24?

I've figured out that it's mainly the track titled "Freiza transforms" but specifically I'm after the section that starts at 1.02.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7xFmD6OAeg

(Should have included it d'oh)

Top Bottom