• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Manga/Anime |OT| This isn't even our final thread

Dereck

I thought that Vegeta was the greatest character in the series during the Namek saga for about 20 episodes. I swear dude killed like 5 characters within a month and beasted the fuck out.

Takao

Banned
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.namcobandaigames.dragonballtap.apk

TZkwZjg.jpg

9vGrK60.jpg

iGdtVVT.jpg

emyPX4I.jpg

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bB6--qewEY

Wiseblade

I was searching DBZ vids and watched a vid of Bardock turning super saiyan and defeating a midget Freiza.

http://i.minus.com/ibi5eUtUC7JIUe.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Don't you get it? He travelled back in time and became the Super Saiyan of legend AND the reason Frieza killed all the Saiyans in the first place! It ties everything back together!

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/i0xliHWDilNpj.gif

Don't you get it? He travelled back in time and became the Super Saiyan of legend AND the reason Frieza killed all the Saiyans in the first place! It ties everything back together!

i0xliHWDilNpj.gif

He just didn't feel like turning Super Saiyan in front of his buddies then?

Also, yay, Ty Lee

Takao

Banned
So is Tarble canon?

What's canon is up for you to decide. I don't consider any of these post-finale projects to be genuine pieces of the lore. They all have issues with fitting into the original story.

Battle of Gods references the 2008 JSAT with a sly mention of Tarble. So if you consider BoG to be canon, you should consider the JSAT to be too.

Wiseblade

What's canon is up for you to decide. I don't consider any of these post-finale projects to be genuine pieces of the lore. They all have issues with fitting into the original story.

Battle of Gods references the 2008 JSAT with a sly mention of Tarble. So if you consider BoG to be canon, you should consider the JSAT to be too.

The original story has issues fitting with the original story.

EVERYTHING IS CANON

Takao

Banned
The original story has issues fitting with the original story.

EVERYTHING IS CANON

That is true. I just can't accept that Vegeta completely forgot he has a brother.

How old is Tarble anyways? He is Vegeta's younger brother, but Vegeta was a child when Planet Vegeta was blown up. Goku was a newborn when that happened, yet he looks a tonne older than Tarble.

Wiseblade

That is true. I just can't accept that Vegeta completely forgot he has a brother.

How old is Tarble anyways? He is Vegeta's younger brother, but Vegeta was a child when Planet Vegeta was blown up. Goku was a newborn when that happened, yet he looks a tonne older than Tarble.

Tarble is married... Wouldn't be the first time somebody in Dragon Ball was older than they looked.

Nairume

Banned
I started going through the manga for the first time a couple days ago and am just getting to them teasing the appearance of Cell.

The funny thing about how relatively fast the manga moves along is finding out what all of the animes were filler. I was already aware of the really obvious stuff (Garlic Jr and the amazing drivers license episode) but it was kind of surprising to find out that stuff I always figured was there to begin with was filler (like Goku going to help Nam's village out, all of Goku's adventures on Snake Road or Fake Namek).

Kind of surprised that the Dr. Slump crossover wasn't anime filler, though.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

Oh so it's essentially up to the person then...

...so I consider Bardock episode non-canon because he just winds up elsewhere after that and it doesn't make sense!

Don't ever accept Tarble. Vegeta mentioned multiple times that the last full saiyans were Goku and himself. This fuck being introduced isn't going to change that.

Takao

Banned
Don't ever accept Tarble. Vegeta mentioned multiple times that the last full saiyans were Goku and himself. This fuck being introduced isn't going to change that.

Tarble is indirectly mentioned in this new movie. If you view that as canon, you kind of have to accept the JSAT and all the issues that brings. Toei could've skirted that by having Vegeta say he thought Tarble was dead. Instead, Vegeta just forgot about his brother because he was weak.

Anyways, there are the TV spots for the upcoming One Piece, Toriko, and Dragon Ball TV specials:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DkcaNtmQSF4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WA3NQMFzwIE

Instead, Vegeta just forgot about his brother because he was weak.

This seems entirely in character to me. Vegeta expresses multiple times that a weakling Saiyan is as good as no Saiyan at all. He kills Nappa for being too weak, acting like someone is nonexistent isn't really a stretch.

Busaiku

Viz's literal translation of Dragon Ball Z is absolutely terrible.
I can't believe I subscribed to Shonen Jump for this.

This seems entirely in character to me. Vegeta expresses multiple times that a weakling Saiyan is as good as no Saiyan as all. He kills Nappa for being too weak, acting like someone is nonexistent isn't really a stretch.

That is a stretch. Mocking their power and killing them for being weak doesn't translate to just forgetting they exist.

Malajax

Viz's literal translation of Dragon Ball Z is absolutely terrible.
I can't believe I subscribed to Shonen Jump for this.

Yeah, it's pretty... Odd. Was weird to see that the Makkankosappo was translated at all. Figured that they'd call it special beam cannon if anything. And I've seen that Piccolo spoke in a peculiar way, but Viz takes it way over the top!

Let's not get into the whole "Evil Djinn Boo" thing either...

Why? Refusing to acknowledge your own weakling brother in a Spartan culture is easy to believe.

Then how does that explain the Future Trunks situation? He absolutely did not believe Trunks was a saiyan despite seeing Trunks turn super saiyan purely because he thought the only saiyans were himself, Goku, and Gohan. Or how about Vegeta's speech claiming that that all saiyans were destroyed. Even Radditz stated that there was only himself, Goku, Vegeta, and Nappa left. Radditz stated that they needed all of the saiyans, even if weak, to help conquer more planets. That was the whole reason why he came to Earth in the first place. They all somehow forgot just because they were weak?

Radditz stated that they needed all of the saiyans, even if weak, to help conquer more planets. That was the whole reason why he came to Earth in the first place. They all somehow forgot?

It's possible that King Vegeta sent Tarble away without the general public even knowing he existed. They wouldn't want to be publicising the fact that the king had sired such a low-class warrior. The Royal Family's shameful secret.

Xzeon

Banned
Then how does that explain the Future Trunks situation? He absolutely did not believe Trunks was a saiyan despite seeing Trunks turn super saiyan purely because he thought the only saiyans were himself, Goku, and Gohan. Or how about Vegeta's speech claiming that that all saiyans were destroyed. Even Radditz stated that there was only himself, Goku, Vegeta, and Nappa left. Radditz stated that they needed all of the saiyans, even if weak, to help conquer more planets. That was the whole reason why he came to Earth in the first place. They all somehow forgot just because they were weak?

cuz retcons make plot holes.

thats what happens when the entire series is not planned out in advance.

cuz retcons make plot holes.

thats what happens when the entire series is not planned out in advance.

Yeah, also this. Dragon Ball is just about the worst franchise to be concerned about things that are introduced later not entirely matching up with earlier details.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah. Like the concept of Saiyans and Namekians are completely pulled out of Toriyama's ass. "Uh I dunno make them aliens I guess?"

Then how does that explain the Future Trunks situation? He absolutely did not believe Trunks was a saiyan despite seeing Trunks turn super saiyan purely because he thought the only saiyans were himself, Goku, and Gohan. Or how about Vegeta's speech claiming that that all saiyans were destroyed. Even Radditz stated that there was only himself, Goku, Vegeta, and Nappa left.

Knowing about Tarble and revealing his existence at that point wouldn't change anything. There'd still be four Saiyans and Trunks is not one of them, so Vegeta'd still be suspicious. There'd be no point mentioning Tarble. Perhaps Radditz didn't know Tarble existed.

While I know Tarble probably wasn't even in Toriyama's head at that point, it can still work.

Top Bottom