• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Manga/Anime |OT| This isn't even our final thread

TCKaos

That forum has gone crazy, its infested by newbies who are so convinced they correctly interpreted every scene in the most correct fashion or they understand that one snippet of dialogue can only mean whatever.

But very cool images!

One of the reasons I left way back when. Kids think they know everything because they watched a few episodes of the Japanese version once. I've got nothing but respect for VegettoEX and the rest of the staff, though (though I don't think I've listened to a podcast in forever).

Busaiku

Man, I was hyped to be buying the color volumes once Viz released them, but given those terrible translations, I just don't know...

Anth0ny

That forum has gone crazy, its infested by newbies who are so convinced they correctly interpreted every scene in the most correct fashion or they understand that one snippet of dialogue can only mean whatever.

But very cool images!

It's like the NeoGAF of Dragon Ball forums. It gets crazy at times, but is still infinitely more sane/strict than any other Dragon Ball forum. The admins physically spell check posts with god awful spelling/punctuation using bold red letters :lol

MikeMyers

It's like the NeoGAF of Dragon Ball forums. It gets crazy at times, but is still infinitely more sane/strict than any other Dragon Ball forum. The admins physically spell check posts with god awful spelling/punctuation using bold red letters :lol

Pretty much.

Crazy forum, but I love VegettoEX, Herms, Hujio, etc.

But I've been on Dragon Ball Forums since 2004, I've seen pretty much everything at this point.

MikeMyers

579725_3241589560414_487956514_n.jpg

Did anybody here use to be a member of the Planet Namek forums back in the real old days? I think I was still on dial up when I joined back in 2000. It was good fun discussing power levels and all the nonsense from back then when only so few of us had seen everything. I think the site shut down permanently in 2002 or so.

I still remember going back and forth with this crazed Vegeta fan who believed in all his heart that Vegeta from the Buu Saga would have beaten SSJ3 Goku if they had fought. Then their was this guy who repeatedly trolled us by constantly telling us that Superman would beat Goku and always gave a really stupid answer as to why. To us he just seemed like retard at the time because he wasn't debating, just being a idiot. But I see now what he was really doing because he did get under the skin of a lot of us and that was his intent all along. But yeah, it was a great site for DBZ back then. Too bad it went away in such a short time.

MikeMyers

Did anyone see ScrewAttacks' Goku Vs Superman video?

I still remember going back and forth with this crazed Vegeta fan who believed in all his heart that Vegeta from the Buu Saga would have beaten SSJ3 Goku if they had fought.

There is a scene in BoG where Vegeta is said to be stronger than SSJ3 Goku, lol

Takao

Banned
so usually in Arabic dubbed anime, they just take the original music and slap on new lyrics.

I couldn't find the original of his particular opening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LLsRlD3zZw

Thanks in advance.

As far as I can tell that's an original track. I've never heard of it before.

The actual footage is probably from Dragon Ball Heroes (an arcade/card game in Japan) adverts, the whole Hosi/Abalon business is basically just a continuation of the AF phenomenon of people wanting more Dragon Ball so much that they make it up themselves to trick people.

Hoshi is nonsense from fans relabeling animation from the video games as a new series. Absalon is a fan made series with original animation.

I was rewatching Dragoball and I noticed that the English dub changed some of Bulma's lines whenever she took a liking towards Goku. For example, in Japanese, she says that Goku really became cool. In the English dub that line was changed to say Yamcha's pony tail looks good.

wtf is the point of that

Goku should have smanged that shit. Chichi ruined that shit though.

Goku's like 12 when he first meets Bulma ... Anyways, Toriyama did state he had plans on making their relationship a romantic one but he dropped that since he can't write romance. Honestly, their relationship is pretty sibling like anyways.

I never said it was her fault. I only mentioned it to show that Goku wasn't leaving her back then like he did in the later arcs. Chicha's complete 180 is annoying. From being a fighter and realizing how much fighting did for her and everyone else to hating it. From being obsessed with Goku to not giving a fuck.

You have to remember that both Goku and Chi-Chi grew up in seclusion. Goku had never met another human being outside of Grandpa Gohan until he was 12. Chi-Chi had a more normal life than that, but she still came from a small village.

Goku's like 12 when he first meets Bulma ... Anyways, Toriyama did state he had plans on making their relationship a romantic one but he dropped that since he can't write romance. Honestly, their relationship is pretty sibling like anyways.

You have to remember that both Goku and Chi-Chi grew up in seclusion. Goku had never met another human being outside of Grandpa Gohan until he was 12. Chi-Chi had a more normal life than that, but she still came from a small village.

What the hell does him being 12 have to do with their relationship in the future? Bulma still saw him in a different light once he grew up.

Goku and Bulma had a huge build up. Almost as much as Goku and Krillin or Goku and Master Roshi. Chi Chi popped up and disappeared soon after and gone awol for a long time. Goku and Bulma I would say is one of the biggest relationship in Dragonball, behind Krillin. They even had a saga with just the 2 of them.

Goku and Bulma had a huge build up. Almost as much as Goku and Krillin or Goku and Master Roshi. Chi Chi popped up and disappeared soon after and gone awol for a long time. Goku and Bulma I would say is one of the biggest relationship in Dragonball, behind Krillin. They even had a saga with just the 2 of them.

Which is why I despised ChiChi and Goku as a couple.

Bulma was a far better character and INFINITELY less annoying.

Ostinatto

dumb question maybe

in that episode when goku, krillin and bulma escape from the pirates cave (after they defeat general blue), Bulma is hiding a diamond down into her crotch and then Krillin smells the diamond Bulma gave to him cuz he is a perv..WTF is this he doesnt have a nose right?

Fyxckyk.PNG

Bulma reaching into her panties for her diamond

Takao

Banned
Well thats how the anime says it. I grew up with that so thats what I say myself.

At one point the English anime says Bardock was a brilliant scientist. Do you agree with that?

What the hell does him being 12 have to do with their relationship in the future? Bulma still saw him in a different light once he grew up.

You mentioned that you were watching Dragon Ball, and said Goku could've got with her. When someone mentions Goku and Bulma's relationship that's pretty much when he was a kid. 12 year old Goku isn't going to care about that, and by the time he could Bulma was in a relationship with Yamcha, and Goku was to be married. I never really felt their relationship was a romantic one either.

dumb question maybe

in that episode when goku, krillin and bulma escape from the pirates cave (after they defeat general blue), Bulma is hiding a diamond down into her crotch and then Krillin smells the diamond Bulma gave to him cuz he is a perv..WTF is this he doesnt have a nose right?

Fyxckyk.PNG

Bulma reaching into her panties for her diamond

It's a joke. He doesn't have a nose. The fact that he doesn't have one is also a joke.

jaxword

Krillin IS Goku's best friend since childhood; that's why the loss of him on Namek was part of his trigger for unlocking SSJ.

Bulma, on the other hand, is boy-crazy and goes for any prettyboy, so Goku and her were never "intended" to hook up. Besides, Goku barely understands sex in general, even as an adult.

Krillin IS Goku's best friend since childhood; that's why the loss of him on Namek was part of his trigger for unlocking SSJ.

Bulma, on the other hand, is boy-crazy and goes for any prettyboy, so Goku and her were never "intended" to hook up. Besides, Goku barely understands sex in general, even as an adult.

To be honest, I think Gohan or Bulma dying would have triggered him also.

Sex must have been awkward.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
But no one pronounces it that way.

Official pronunciation it seems. By "sayin" I mean "I'm just sayin".

Well thats how the anime says it. I grew up with that so thats what I say myself.

Hmm I guess.

I actually like the local dub before they used Tagalog dub, especially how they gave Vegeta a weird snobbish accent :/

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

She grew up in a castle pampered by her father and the things he stole/conned/threatened others out of. Then they lived in a small village at the base of the mountain (but her dad still pampered her)

Tizoc

Is it me or did the Z and Kai anime poorly adapt Goku vs. Cell's first fight from the Cell Games Saga? I loved that fight in the manga.

MikeMyers

Is it me or did the Z and Kai anime poorly adapt Goku vs. Cell's first fight from the Cell Games Saga? I loved that fight in the manga.

I liked it.

If anything, Vs. Frieza had the poor adaption. There was literally an episode where all they did was stare at each other and flashback.

CrazyDude

So what is everyone's preference sub or dub for DBZ? I can't get over how high Goku's voice is in Japanese. DB is the opposite for me, I can't stand Goku's dubbed voice.

MikeMyers

So what is everyone's preference sub or dub for DBZ? I can't get over how high Goku's voice is in Japanese. DB is the opposite for me, I can't stand Goku's dubbed voice.

Sub.

I find it amusing though.

Dub Fans - "Sub sucks, Goku sounds like a woman"

Sub Fans - "Dub subs, Frieza sounds like a woman"

I'm okay with dubs if they generally capture the spirit of the show, but DBZ never really did that. The dub has a kind of nostalgic appeal for me and is fun to riff on, but I usually just watch the Japanese version.

If the whole show had a Kai quality dub I'd watch that.

Top Bottom