• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Manga/Anime |OT| This isn't even our final thread

jaxword

Doesn't the Destructo Disk take awhile to do?

No, it's pretty quick to form, but it has to be thrown and not "shot" like the beam-spammers. So it's slightly slower.

Really, Krillin should have been able to take out a lot of villains but he suffered from comic sidekick syndrome.

MikeMyers

No, it's pretty quick to form, but it has to be thrown and not "shot" like the beam-spammers. So it's slightly slower.

Really, Krillin should have been able to take out a lot of villains but he suffered from comic sidekick syndrome.

At least he's the single most powerful being in the entire universe in GT.

MikeMyers

Toriyama Interview

Speaking of women who fight, there is No. 18.
Toriyama:
Ah, that’s right. No. 18 becomes Kuririn’s wife in the end.

Nozawa:
Ah, I was surprised at that, too! All the voice actors wondered, “Why did she choose Kuririn?” (laughs)

Toriyama:
Kuririn was originally supposed to be just a minor role, so to have him become Goku’s best friend in the blink of an eye…

Koyama:
Well, he is the strongest Earthling male.

Toriyama:
You’re right, he is the strongest among the Earthlings. But in spite of that, he tends to end up in a bad way, so I thought, “once in a while, I have to let him be happy,” and had him get married. (laughs)

DUN DUN DUN!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Toriyama Interview

Speaking of women who fight, there is No. 18.
Toriyama:
Ah, that’s right. No. 18 becomes Kuririn’s wife in the end.

Nozawa:
Ah, I was surprised at that, too! All the voice actors wondered, “Why did she choose Kuririn?” (laughs)

Toriyama:
Kuririn was originally supposed to be just a minor role, so to have him become Goku’s best friend in the blink of an eye…

Koyama:
Well, he is the strongest Earthling male.

Toriyama:
You’re right, he is the strongest among the Earthlings. But in spite of that, he tends to end up in a bad way, so I thought, “once in a while, I have to let him be happy,” and had him get married. (laughs)

DUN DUN DUN!

Was there ever any doubt?

Vyktal

Well, you just have to wonder at what point in the series Krillin is regarded as stronger than Tien. I reckon he's probably strongest up till he marries 18 and retires from fighting at the end of the Cell saga, after which Tien keeps training (superfluously as he can't compare to any saiyan/namekian) up till the end of the show.

FreeMufasa

Well, you just have to wonder at what point in the series Krillin is regarded as stronger than Tien. I reckon he's probably strongest up till he marries 18 and retires from fighting at the end of the Cell saga, after which Tien keeps training (superfluously as he can't compare to any saiyan/namekian) up till the end of the show.

Tien has always been stonger. Only time krill in surpassed him was the power up he got from guru.

Did Tien body berter and jeice in the manga?

MikeMyers

If we are going by filler it can be argued Yamcha is stronger than Cell, so I'm pretty sure Yamcha is the strongest human in the anime.

Also, I just realized Goku married the strongest female human! Never thought about that.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I just realized that the proficient solar flare users are bald

Also if it was Yamcha or Tienshinhan who replaced Krillin during their Namek Dragon Ball search arc, how would it fare?

MikeMyers

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

Because the one thing you really have to region lock is promotional material, Funi.

Basically, its a trailer for the Rock the Disc set.

As nostalgic as it is, I don't really want to spend $100 on episodes I own but with different audio.

Plus, I do have their Movie Dubs already, so its not like I'm completely missing out.

Yeah, I've no interest in buying it either (more than happy with my Dragon Boxes) just wanted to see the trailer. Somebody else will upload it sooner or later, I imagine.

I gave my brother our old Dead Zone DVD when I got the double packs so that's always there, and I still have some old Freeza saga tapes kicking around if I want to nostalgia a little. I'd actually probably buy a cheap triple pack of the original dubs of the first three movies.

MikeMyers

Yeah, I've no interest in buying it either (more than happy with my Dragon Boxes) just wanted to see the trailer. Somebody else will upload it sooner or later, I imagine.

I gave my brother our old Dead Zone DVD when I got the double packs, so that's always there if I want to nostalgia a little. I'd actually probably buy a cheap triple pack of the original dubs of the first three movies.

Same, I'm happy with the Dragon Boxes.

Dead Zone and World's Strongest are among my favs, and I have the Ocean Dub for it. I don't really care for Tree of Might, so I don't care what version of that I get.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
If we are going by filler it can be argued Yamcha is stronger than Cell, so I'm pretty sure Yamcha is the strongest human in the anime.

Also, I just realized Goku married the strongest female human! Never thought about that.

Oh yeah, the filler had him beating up on Olibu at the Grand Kai's place when Buu showed up, right? The same guy that exchanged blows with Pikkon, who one shotted cell. LOL

MikeMyers

Oh yeah, the filler had him beating up on Olibu at the Grand Kai's place when Buu showed up, right? The same guy that exchanged blows with Pikkon, who one shotted cell. LOL

Don't forget in the anime Yamcha and Kuririn were Plan B if Goku and Vegeta lost to Majin Buu. Filler Yamcha is top tier.

jaxword

Filler is all contradictory stuff anyways.

But you could argue that Yamcha and Krillin were able to train way better in the afterlife than when alive.

MikeMyers

Fans in the West pick the Top 10 fights in the series:

10: Gohan Vs. Buu
09: Baby Gohan Vs. Vegeta
08: Trunks Vs. Freeza
07: Super Buu Vs. Super Vegeta (They spelled Vegito wrong.)
06: Goku Vs. Fat Buu
05: Goku and Vegeta Vs. Meta Cooler
04: Gohan Vs. Cell
03: Gohan Vs. Broly
02: Vegito Vs. Buu
01: SS4 Gogeta Vs. Omega Shenron

Source

Wiseblade

Fans in the West pick the Top 10 fights in the series:

10: Gohan Vs. Buu
09: Baby Gohan Vs. Vegeta
08: Trunks Vs. Freeza
07: Super Buu Vs. Super Vegeta (They spelled Vegito wrong.)
06: Goku Vs. Fat Buu
05: Goku and Vegeta Vs. Meta Cooler
04: Gohan Vs. Cell
03: Gohan Vs. Broly
02: Vegito Vs. Buu
01: SS4 Gogeta Vs. Omega Shenron

Source

BOO! Goku vs Tien is far and away the best.

MikeMyers

Here's my top 10 fights, dunno about the order:

Goku vs Jackie Chun
Yamcha Vs The Invisible Man
Goku vs Tien
Goku vs King Piccolo
Goku & Piccolo vs Raditz
Goku, Gohan, Krillin, & Yajirobe vs Vegeta
Trunks vs Frieza
Vegeta vs Android 18
Gotenks vs Majin Buu
Vegito vs Majin Buu

Wiseblade

My real top 5 (There aren't enough good fights to do a top 10):

Goku vs Tien
Goku vs Demon King Piccolo
Goku vs Krillin
Piccolo vs Android 17
Goku vs Cell

Takao

Banned
Here we go again ...

FUNimation’s high definition, remastered Blu-ray release of the Dragon Ball Z TV series lasted all of two volumes and about six months between original announcement and a release hiatus/suspension.

The company has mostly avoided talking about continuing the series in such a format since then, falling back on promoting the (cropped/widescreen) orange brick season sets originally released from 2007-2009 after completing the “Dragon Box” run and working on the “refreshed” Dragon Ball Kai TV series.

Today, FUNimation launched a new survey asking fans about their purchase history with the franchise and continuing with a new Blu-ray release, which would tentatively span nine volumes (similar to the DVD bricks) and cost $44.98.

Perhaps most interestingly, the company is specifically asking about aspect ratio preferences:

funi_bd_survey.png

While the orange brick sets were cropped to 16:9 removing approximately 20% of the original picture, FUNimation’s “Level” Blu-ray sets remained in their original 4:3 aspect ratio. FUNimation also released Dragon Ball Kai on both Blu-ray and DVD in its original 4:3 production aspect ratio.

FUNimation’s question about which year you started watching the series starts with 1996, the year that FUNimation themselves began airing their dub of Dragon Ball Z in syndication.

Visitors of Kanzenshuu that select a 16:9 preferred viewing option for a 4:3 original production will be considered non-canonical readers and will promptly be shot out of a cannon.

jaxword

The Superman movie was what the Dragonball Z movie should have been.

Replace Zod with Vegeta and you could do a Saiyan movie.

Bio-Frost

So me and my fiancee just finished watching all of Dragonball. She had never seen it before so we started from the beginning and went all the way though to GT.

I just don't get the GT hate, I never watched it after Z because I kept hearing how its the most horrible thing ever, but you know what its not that bad. Is it as good as DB and DBZ, no, but I enjoyed it. Feel stupid for avoiding it all those years.

MikeMyers

So me and my fiancee just finished watching all of Dragonball. She had never seen it before so we started from the beginning and went all the way though to GT.

I just don't get the GT hate, I never watched it after Z because I kept hearing how its the most horrible thing ever, but you know what its not that bad. Is it as good as DB and DBZ, no, but I enjoyed it. Feel stupid for avoiding it all those years.

I like it all the way until Piccolo's death episode. My main problem with the Super 17 and Shadow Dragons arc is that its mostly just battles, and the battles aren't as interesting as most of it is just boring KI Spam.

Top Bottom