• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Manga/Anime |OT| This isn't even our final thread

jaxword

I am watching the original dragon ball the first time. I find it funny how bulma complains about wearing the bunny dress, but willingly keeps on the bunny ears.

The amount of plot conveniences they use to get Bulma as randomly naked as possible just becomes ridiculous after a while.

MYE

The origin of Dragon Ball AF

Mind fucking blown. I always thought it was art from some long lost Japanese doujinshi.

The image was probably scanned with a shitty scanner from some old Spanish magazine, and after 13 years of quality loss on the internets, here it is:

Hau3b.jpg

And here's the original image, straight from the author:

crazy.

Oh shit. I had that magazine of HOBBY Consolas!!!

:O

Branson

See, I'm the opposite. I'll take the crappy video of the orange bricks just to have the American soundtrack. It really drastically changes the feel of the show. Yes, the music gets annoying a lot, but like somebody else mentioned it gets you hyped. The Japanese music does not.

I wouldn't say it's super drastic. I get the same feelings whether its either bgm. The BF stuff was never released in 5.1 was it? Both the bricks and boxes only have the Japanese bgm and English voices as 5.1. Which is nice if you have a 5.1 system.

Also I have the first two season sets of the orange bricks and decided to watch them and compare to the DBoxes and wow. It looks so zoomed in and blurry compared to the dbox. It's bright and saturated and I didn't really know how bad it was untill I compared the two.

I work every day with a bunch of kids age 6-12 or so and over the past week I saw probably 5-10 kids wearing DBZ shirts or hats. I got to talking to some of them the other day and they absolutely did not believe that there is a new movie coming out. I told them about how Goku has a new form or whatever and the color his hair turns and they were all saying no.

One kid pulled out his iPad and showed me that white hair AF picture posted above and said it was proof that Goku's god form looks like that. I couldn't help but think of this thread and laugh a bit. It's pretty funny that even today that image gets circulation.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I work every day with a bunch of kids age 6-12 or so and over the past week I saw probably 5-10 kids wearing DBZ shirts or hats. I got to talking to some of them the other day and they absolutely did not believe that there is a new movie coming out. I told them about how Goku has a new form or whatever and the color his hair turns and they were all saying no.

One kid pulled out his iPad and showed me that white hair AF picture posted above and said it was proof that Goku's god form looks like that. I couldn't help but think of this thread and laugh a bit. It's pretty funny that even today that image gets circulation.

Some things never change

MikeMyers

Or Gohan and his Shitty Friends (the various training filler eps during the saiyan saga)

Gohan gets trolled so much in that saga, especially with filler:
-Uncle kidnaps him
-Dad is killed
-Kidnapped by his dad's killer
-Dinosaur friend dies
-Robot friend dies
-Orphans get taken away
-Watch Bill Goldberg kill his Dads friends
-Only person who Gohan knew in the past year dies...because of Gohan's fault
-Dad returns, gets crushed by a Giant Ape.

The kids in my neighborhood call it "Dragon Ball Kai"

They'll never know the wonders of the Driving lesson episode.

I miss when the fast food places had sway before all that health conscious stuff showed up. Wasn't the only way to get that VHS was to go through Burger King at first?

CrazyDude

Gohan gets trolled so much in that saga, especially with filler:
-Uncle kidnaps him
-Dad is killed
-Kidnapped by his dad's killer
-Dinosaur friend dies
-Robot friend dies
-Orphans get taken away
-Watch Bill Goldberg kill his Dads friends
-Only person who Gohan knew in the past year dies...because of Gohan's fault
-Dad returns, gets crushed by a Giant Ape.

Gohan also suffers from Stockholm syndrome.

Also wasn't dragon ball kai doing better in the u.s than in japan?

CrazyDude

Another dbz box set is announced.

http://animecornerstore.blogspot.com/2013/05/funimation-announces-dragonball-z-rock.html

Contains Eps #1-53 + 3 Movies (Dead Zone, the Worlds Strongest, and Tree of Might) on 9 DVD's.
• Each Collector's Edition comes in a hardbound, full color 48 page book; which showcases the characters, history, and tropes that helped elevate Dragon Ball Z to the pop culture phenomenon it is today
• Never before released in a DVD collection - this is deep in the Funimation vault!
• This release includes the original opening theme song "Rock The Dragon"
• The original Canadian voice cast can only be found on this release

TCKaos

Vegeta ate him.

He only existed in filler & films, if I remember correctly he was never in the manga

You're correct. Icarus is a filler character. He shows up in the first five movies and in the Garlic Jr. Saga. After that he's never seen again.

Gregory and Bubbles are complete filler characters too, I think. I don't have any manga volumes that take place on Kaio's planet, though.

You're correct. Icarus is a filler character. He shows up in the first five movies and in the Garlic Jr. Saga. After that he's never seen again.

Gregory and Bubbles are complete filler characters too, I think. I don't have any manga volumes that take place on Kaio's planet, though.

Gohan had an imaginary friend. :lol

Azn_Boy

Neo Member
What the hell happened to Icarus the dragon?

Icarus isn't canon. He appears in the movies and the filler episodes of DBZ.

TCKaos said:

Icarus appears during the Goku/Piccolo learns to drive episode.

Dragon_Ball_Z_Driving_School_367.jpg

Top Bottom