• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Manga/Anime |OT| This isn't even our final thread

K' Dash

finished watching BotG right now, I really like the light hearted feeling of it, it was like watching the original Dragon Ball, wich I love with all my heart.

Just a thought, Goku, Pilaf & Co. turn into kids in GT by accident when they summoned "Dark" Sheng Long, so yeah, this movie completely ignores GT, wich is fine by me, I didn't hate it, but I like to think it is it's own thing.

CHusson91

Banned
finished watching BotG right now, I really like the light hearted feeling of it, it was like watching the original Dragon Ball, wich I love with all my heart.

Just a thought, Goku, Pilaf & Co. turn into kids in GT by accident when they summoned "Dark" Sheng Long, so yeah, this movie completely ignores GT, wich is fine by me, I didn't hate it, but I like to think it is it's own thing.

Huh? I thought Goku was the only one who turned into a kid.

jaxword

I have a rare Dragonball video I took in Japan that I want to share with the community, but it's in portrait mode and it's sideways. If someone could please help me convert it, I'm sure people here would like to see.

MikeMyers

So I'm rewatching the series and starting to find myself bored in the Cell arc, the middle portion lack of Goku and Vegeta really hurts. The only thing I like is Imperfect Cell and his B-Movie Horror feel he has to him.

Also, pre-Buu arc Gohan and Future Trunks have no personality, why do they have fans?

I have a rare Dragonball video I took in Japan that I want to share with the community, but it's in portrait mode and it's sideways. If someone could please help me convert it, I'm sure people here would like to see.

Sure, I'm a filmmaker, so I might be able to fix it for you.

Takao

Banned
Second week sales for Battle of Gods:
[DVD] Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods - 4,598 / 18,860
[DVD] Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods Special Limited Edition - 3,558 / 15,856

[BD] Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods Special Limited Edition - 2,861 / 20,805
[BD] Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods - 2,606 / 8,483

stanley1993

Neo Member
Goku is pretty much in permanent Super Saiyan God form now.
Even after he lost the initial transformation, he still kept the power gain (he did go back into the form later, and it did provide a brief boost).
Goku didn't even notice he lost Super Saiyan God for a while.

So basically, yes he can go back into Super Saiyan God at will.

What I got from the movie was that Goku didn't lose all of his powers because he absorbed powers from everything after god powers went away. I might have read translation wrong and I have only watched it once but it was great to see the short amount of time vegeta passing goku in strength.

Very entertaining movie.

Takao

Banned
Jaco the Galactic Patrolman Dragon Ball tie-in spoilers:

In next week’s chapter, it is revealed that Jaco was indeed sent to Earth to stop a Saiyan from Planet Vegeta. This Saiyan ends up at Son Gohan’s house, eating up a ton. He is super-strong, so it is a good thing Gohan is a martial arts master. Gohan offers to let him stay and learn with him if he does not have a home to go back to. Returning to the present (from the decade-earlier timeframe of the main story), Omori narrates how, not too long ago, Tights’ sister Bulma stopped by — everyone has met before when Tights’ family visited, including a child Bulma and Dr. Brief, who knows Omori by reputation for his work in space-time research. Being a super-genius, Bulma had already graduated from university and had set out on a trip. She had said something about looking for mysterious orbs that grant you any wish when brought together. She showed off two, which were made of a substance that does not exist on Earth, so she reasoned they came from outer space. It all sounds quite suspicious, but space is vast, so perhaps this sort of mysterious orb exists out there somewhere. Omori notes that he will ask Jaco about it next time he stops by. Meanwhile, Son Goku is dragging his catch back to the house…

There are obviously a few contradictions between the events depicted here in Jaco and how they transpire in the original Dragon Ball manga (things such as Bulma heading back to school after the Pilaf story arc), but the tie-in status is clearly undeniable at this point.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2013/09/25/jaco-galactic-patrolman-dragon-ball-tie-confirmed/

Also, Toyble is totally doing that Dragon Ball Heroes manga: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2013/09/25/confirmation-fan-toyble-victory-mission-artist-toyotaro/

Anth0ny

IT CAME. It finally came!

sidcackling3bss6.png

*ahem*

Excuse the shitty lighting and iphone quality:

iAVx6UPdNBdbD.JPG

iG6ytJl45yld0.JPG

iHgJOjDSkuptK.JPG

I gotta say, it's a really nice set. The Super Saiyan God figure/picture frame thing isn't as cheap looking as I thought it would be. Also, CD Japan couldn't have rolled that poster any tighter, I'm going to have to put some phonebooks on that thing to make it stay flat.

Anyways, I'm happy I finally have it. I've been avoiding fan subs, so I'm about to watch Battle of Gods for the first time. Exciting ^_^

Man God

Non-Canon Member
For no good reason I started going on the Grand Tour a few days ago.

The first three episodes were quite entertaining. The fourth one put me to sleep almost immediately. I can't imagine it gets better.

Show really should have been kid goku being kid goku, Vegeta running roughshod over everyone, Gotenks trying to get laid and Pan trying to be a young girl and a superhero. Instead...well...I have vague memories of what is to come and its not good.

I started watching the series last week from Dragonball. I'm sticking to the Japanese voices, with Dragon Box versions of the episodes. From what I've seen, those are the best. And the music in the Japanese is apparently the best, so...

Loving it so far. Hate Bulma, though.

And what the fuck at using her peeing in fear as comedy?

Ultratech

Future Trunks has a sword and looked cool at the time.

Pretty much.

That and owning Frieza was pretty damn cool.

But when you think about it, he really doesn't do a lot after that.

For no good reason I started going on the Grand Tour a few days ago.

The first three episodes were quite entertaining. The fourth one put me to sleep almost immediately. I can't imagine it gets better.

Show really should have been kid goku being kid goku, Vegeta running roughshod over everyone, Gotenks trying to get laid and Pan trying to be a young girl and a superhero. Instead...well...I have vague memories of what is to come and its not good.

I never really could get too far into GT.

Just lots of really annoying things about it.

At least SSJ4 was pretty cool though (or better than the massive forehead bearing SSJ3)

Takao

Banned
Oricon's third week Japanese home video sales:

[DVD] Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods - 1,973 /20,833
[DVD] Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods Special Limited Edition - 1,192 / 17,048

The Blu-Rays dropped off the charts due to a bevy of new releases, indicating sales under 5600 copies. The previous known total has the Special Limited Edition at 20,805 copies sold, while the regular release last charted with 8,483 copies.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-10-01/japan-animation-dvd-ranking-september-23-29
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-10-01/japan-animation-blu-ray-disc-ranking-september-23-29

Additionally, the film opened strongly in Mexico: http://www.anmtvla.com/2013/09/mexico-dragon-ball-z-batalla-de-dioses.html

Saw the new movie and I really liked it. They can totally make a new awesome series that picks up from this movie.

Since there are 12 Universes, there is so much they can do

I for one would buff the humans and Piccolo up a little.

With so many extremely powerful potential threats, It would be nice if the Z fighters worked together to defeat the foes, like in early DBZ and even Naruto. Not just having Goku being a deadly killer

Possible future transformations

- SSJG 2
- SSJ G3
- SSJ G Oozaru

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
So, adult Gotenks is going to be in Dragonball Heroes.

One of the many things GT could have showcased, but never did.

jstripes

Banned
I watched Battle of the Gods last night, and it was a whole lot of fun. It's nice that it wasn't serious.

That said, it's hard watching DBZ without the Abridged voices now...

I think so. I think Mark Menza did a good job with the soundtrack in my view. Different atmosphere between Z and GT. You definitely felt it in the show.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fTIwd8X2jg

Menza's score was terrible nothing but background noise with droning guitars.

The Japanese score was god tier and one of the few things I enjoyed about GT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiiIrhu-JKQ&list=PL5E81A9D16B7DC8AE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWpGSIPG_jw&list=PL5E81A9D16B7DC8AE

Goku

Banned
I'm baffled that people are accepting Battle of Gods to be cannon. Super Saiyan God? I mean really? And it's cannon? Fuck that.

By the way, Brolly deserved his own Saga/ season. Dude is awesome and deserved to be in the main timeline for a longer period.

Saw the new movie and I really liked it. They can totally make a new awesome series that picks up from this movie.

Since there are 12 Universes, there is so much they can do

I for one would buff the humans and Piccolo up a little.

With so many extremely powerful potential threats, It would be nice if the Z fighters worked together to defeat the foes, like in early DBZ and even Naruto. Not just having Goku being a deadly killer

Possible future transformations

- SSJG 2
- SSJ G3
- SSJ G Oozaru

I think a rematch would be in order for the whole Goku vs Superman fight, if Goku manged to surpass the gods of the multiverse.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Battle of Gods seemed like an unfinished story. It introduced a megaton
the 12 multiverses, Bils only using 70% of his power and still exisiting as a threat, Whis being stronger than him
of info and
Goku lost!

I feel like they need to continue off of this... there's so much there.

jstripes

Banned
Battle of Gods seemed like an unfinished story. It introduced a megaton
the 12 multiverses, Bils only using 70% of his power and still exisiting as a threat, Whis being stronger than him
of info and
Goku lost!

I feel like they need to continue off of this... there's so much there.

That's probably the idea. It's like they're testing the waters to see if people want more.

Takao

Banned
Mark Menza's best work is on Wishbone.

I'm baffled that people are accepting Battle of Gods to be cannon. Super Saiyan God? I mean really? And it's cannon? Fuck that.

By the way, Brolly deserved his own Saga/ season. Dude is awesome and deserved to be in the main timeline for a longer period.

No.

Elchele

Is there something planned after the DBZ movie? Because the latin american dub cast hinted at this being the beginning of more to come.

Anth0ny

you know, I kinda got my childhood wish with a Fire/Dragon Charizard, so fuck it... I want SSJ5 in the next DBZ movie. Make it happen Toriyama, even though you didn't even make a SSJ4.

And yes, it has to have the silver fur like in the fan art.

Top Bottom