• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Manga/Anime |OT| This isn't even our final thread

Takao

Banned
While Revenge of King Piccolo looks nice it's super repetitive. I also remember buying it for like $10 two months after release. #ripthirdpartywiigames

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There not being sequels to Attack of the Saiyans for the rest of the plot is one of the biggest crime in anime game history. That game was boss.

Supersonic Warriors should make a comeback for 3DS. That or BT. I know its way too late for that now but a man can dream.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'd blame Nintendo for no Attack of the Saiyans sequel, but then Project X Zone ...

They have absolutely no problem unleashing the b team at monolith soft to do whatever the fuck Bandai Namco has going on for DS/3DS. That team has done more work for them then they have for first party Nintendo titles both before and after they were bought out.

Hurley

Busaiku

I was honestly surprised by Battle of Gods.
I really thought it'd be a lot more serious and I'm really glad it wasn't.

It honestly felt much more like the early episodes of Dragon Ball.

The CG was really bad though.

Mai/Trunks though, I dunno about that.
I am pretty creeped out.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I was honestly surprised by Battle of Gods.
I really thought it'd be a lot more serious and I'm really glad it wasn't.

It honestly felt much more like the early episodes of Dragon Ball.

The CG was really bad though.

Mai/Trunks though, I dunno about that.
I am pretty creeped out.

Eh, as the son of Bulma and Vegeta, he was pretty much doomed in that department.

Plus its yet another attempt to erase GT from existence so at least there's that.

Busaiku

I do like how there are lot of Dr. Slump-like things in here.
And Whis feels like he was totally pulled out of Dragon Quest, which I thought was great too.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Is BotG the first in a series of new films(aka the new Eva movies) or was it just a one off type deal cuz they felt like it?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Being watching though all of Dragon Ball Recently, I really do feel the Pre-Z material is the best, everything starting at Piccolo starts getting too drawn out. Also liked the design choices and VA's Dragon Ball had. Though the Filler in Dragon Ball was so much worse then what Z's.

The worst filler in Dragon Ball was the filler where they tried to explain stuff. For example, there was an episode where they tried to explain what the Dragon Balls were, but it wasn't the canonical explanation so it just felt wrong.

dan2026

Where the fuck is my news on the Kai version of the Buu arc?
Where is it Toei?

I do want to watch it again, but I'll be damned if I'm going to deal with the terrible pacing of DBZ.

Talents

Banned
I've got a question about Super Saiyan God.

Can Goku now turn Super Super Saiyan God anytime he wants like regular Super Saiyan, or does he have to do the same thing he did in the movie
where him, Vegeta, Gohan, Trunks, Goten, and Pan/Videl join together and unlock it
. Been bugging at me for a while.

Busaiku

Can Goku now turn Super Super Saiyan God anytime he wants like regular Super Saiyan, or does he have to do the same thing he did in the movie
where him, Vegeta, Gohan, Trunks, Goten, and Pan/Videl join together and unlock it
. Been bugging at me for a while.

Goku is pretty much in permanent Super Saiyan God form now.
Even after he lost the initial transformation, he still kept the power gain (he did go back into the form later, and it did provide a brief boost).
Goku didn't even notice he lost Super Saiyan God for a while.

So basically, yes he can go back into Super Saiyan God at will.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I've really been wanting to watch Kai, but those Blu-rays are so expensive. I've seen a few samples of the new dub on Youtube, and it's so much better than the original that it's staggering.

I don't mind Bruce Faulconer's "mood music" so much, and he actually had a few really good tracks, but I much prefer the original style. I don't think there's a single moment without music of some sort playing in the background of the original dubs.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
ib2eAhVVaf5O9Q.gif

http://i.minus.com/ibpG8ZdTxnQwtm.gif
http://i.minus.com/ib1i8VL9tsOcVY.gif
http://i.minus.com/iEQHMK64pteqP.gif
http://i.minus.com/iD4qUhhNEDAgP.gif
http://i.minus.com/iH0jtKnhSmELJ.gif - money shot
http://i.minus.com/imBVmc4jhU4uR.gif

wut, isn't she probably like 40 by Dragonball Z? I repeat, wut.

you need to watch the movie proceed with caution
her, Emperor Pilaf, and the Dog (can't remember his name) wished for youth from the dragon and accidentally became kids... apparently this happened off screen somewhere before the movies current event... Trunks get a crush on her... and yah love eventually blossoms

Edit
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd like to also add that officially this year Dragon Ball Z Battle of the Gods has offically cancelled the existence of Dragon Ball GT
ibuqnr3v8gxdC7.gif

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Is that good or bad? 50k sounds pretty ehh. .Wonder how much it costed to produce the dvds?

The Japanese DVD/Blu-ray market is pretty weak. Battle of the Gods was still the best selling of the week and similar to the openings of other popular anime like One Piece and Attack on Titan. Its only really Ghibli & Pixar films that do insanely well.

So yes, its pretty good.

They sold like hotcakes because they were cheap and the only available Dragon Ball Z release at the time.

I know and what a coincidence that the new Blu-ray is also going to be cheap and the only HD edition of the main series on the market. I just know how much money I'll be saving they just made it that much easier for me.

Top Bottom