• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Manga/Anime |OT| This isn't even our final thread

jaxword

0442703c0057a8cb25198ae298dc8e749b08329a.png

Alienous

What did people think of the DBZ Battle of Z demo.

I loved it. Much better than UT at least.

I respect that they are being lenient with the plot, It's nice to see an alternative take on the same events. And heck, it's a little more explicit than we're used too.

But the gameplay sucks hard. Step down from the Tenkaichi series, and certainly from the Budokai series. Tenkaichi 1 levels of bland.

Ataxia

Controls and camera are a little iffy. Could see myself picking it up just for fun. Still have Budokai 3 HD that I play regularly, so it will be nice to mix things up a bit.

I thought it was okay. Might pick it up once it's cheap but not something I'll be running out to buy. The whole 'multi-character arena brawler' thing is cool but I don't know if the combat really clicked with me.

Preferred the Macross <x> Frontier games as far as animu games from Artdink go.

Not sure where to post this but It's pretty cool So i'll make a post here about it.

Very recently a small team released a Budokai Tenkaichi 3 mod that updates the game to reflect some changes in the DBZ universe and make some nice additions to the roster.

Some noteable new additions include.

Super Sayian 3 Future Trunks (DB:Heroes)
Super Sayian 3 Vegeta (DB:Heroes/RB2)
Legendary Super Sayian 3 Broly (DB:Heroes/RB2)
Super Saiyan 3 Gogeta (DB:Heroes)
Super Saiyan 3 Vegito
Adult Gotenks base - SSJ3 (DB:Heroes)
Goku Super Saiyan God (DBZ:BOG)
Bills (DBZ:BOG)
Tarble (Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return)
Super Saiyan Bardock (Episode of Bardock)

Below is a few pictures so you can get an idea what things look like.

I'm running the game via PCSX2 but it's playable on any PS2 than can boot unsigned backups via the available methods. You have to patch your default game files by dumping them to pc and using a spanish program so it's abit complicated but I'm enjoying the new life It's given too BT3 (an excuse to play it more)

The lead on the team is working on making Hatchiyack now with more content planned in the future.

The one main issue is because the mod is mainly a development by a spanish team they choose to convert all the games menus and sounds to spanish. However I play with the Japanese VO so it's just the menu that is an issue. I've been speaking about a full English release with the team lead and it's likely that or a way to repatch in the english menus.

Details about the whole thing can be found Here The site however is in spanish so it's a bit of a nightmare for none speakers to navigate.

TCKaos

Not sure where to post this but It's pretty cool So i'll make a post here about it.

Very recently a small team released a Budokai Tenkaichi 3 mod that updates the game to reflect some changes in the DBZ universe and make some nice additions to the roster.

Super Saiyan 3 Vegito

I'm running the game via PCSX2 but it's playable on any PS2 than can boot unsigned backups via the available methods. You have to patch your default game files by dumping them to pc and using a spanish program so it's abit complicated but I'm enjoying the new life It's given too BT3 (an excuse to play it more)

The lead on the team is working on making Hatchiyack now with more content planned in the future.

The one main issue is because the mod is mainly a development by a spanish team they choose to convert all the games menus and sounds to spanish. However I play with the Japanese VO so it's just the menu that is an issue. I've been speaking about a full English release with the team lead and it's likely that or a way to repatch in the english menus.

Details about the whole thing can be found Here The site however is in spanish so it's a bit of a nightmare for none speakers to navigate.

As far as I can tell I've properly patched my iso but it won't load up in PCSX2. It's for the NTSC version, right? I followed the tutorial but I still can't get it to work. I'm figuring that I'm fucking something up in DKZ Studio, probably.

Also, I posted this in the Kill la Kill thread already, but I recreated the big fight scene in Battle of Gods with new sound effects and the song Before my Body is Dry from the KlK OST. DON'T LOSE YOUR WAAAAAAY.

Malajax

Super Saiyan 3 Vegito

Slightly unrelated, but maybe you would know: is it possible to patch in the original Japanese music to an US version of BT3? I'd seriously consider playing around with it again if I had the original music.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Unless I'm remembering REALLY wrong (which is definitely possible lol) I think people are selling Gotenks short a bit. I thought, even though he was a kid with horrible techniques, he was still powerful enough to almost win against Boo. And the only reason he didn't was cause he took to long and powered down, then split.

All the fusions had the same problem. They were really powerful but instantly went super cocky and started showboating.

MikeMyers

He did get absorbed on purpose, but bad writing bad air in Buu's body caused him to defuse; making Super Buu the last man standing. Also Gohan and co were killed anyway; so his plan failed.

As far as I can tell I've properly patched my iso but it won't load up in PCSX2. It's for the NTSC version, right? I followed the tutorial but I still can't get it to work. I'm figuring that I'm fucking something up in DKZ Studio, probably.

I wish I could help but I have very little idea what to tell you. Make sure when you rebuild the ISO you use "iso9660 + udf" if you are still having issues the only thing I can suggest is wait for the english release which he said to me is coming./

Lynd7

Lol one of the responses is just wrong and stupid!

"First off, going with widescreen over standard definition was a must."

MikeMyers

Finished rewatch of DB and Z. Loved DB; Z started to fall apart after Namek but the last two sagas had their moments.

On to GT! *Gulp*

Omni

It's not clear what Vegetto's goal was. He may have gotten himself absorbed on purpose, to release his sons and Piccolo from Buu.

Isn't that what happened in the manga? Even in the anime he says "Okay, this had better work" right before being absorbed.

I just stated reading Dragon Ball in Japanese as an aid for my studies, man there are many perverted panels ( sections ) in the manga .

I'm only half way done trough the first volume but having only watched the anime when Goku was already grown up, it has been pretty interesting to start from the beginning.

DeVeAn

They act like they make certain things for certain fans, I myself like the original 4:3 format but still feel compelled to purchase everything. The take advantage of the fans no question. The orange bricks were a way to finally own the entire series at the time. The singles were so costly and 3 episodes per disc was horrible. I wasted so much money at that time so I am very bitter towards Funimation.

I-hate-u

Who here liked the Bills movie? My GOD was it terrible especially for it being canon. I haven't watched any of the DBZ movies, but if they are like this than there is no point in watching them. GT was better than this crap.

How did Vegeta get more hits on Bills than SS3 Goku and Mysitc Gohan?

Top Bottom