• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What manga did you read?

It contradicts itself from one chapter to the next.

ofraP3H.jpg

Rutger

Banned
After seeing U7's kill count I find myself wishing they wouldn't get a single kill for the entire rest of the tournament until they're actually at the bottom of the pile.

Too bad that'll never happen.

Yes, I do wish these things out of spite. I hate seeing winners go unchallenged. I hate even more when they try to sell something as having serious stakes and then suck all the tension out of the events by making the heroes look untouchable.

I'm honestly kind of surprised how easy U7 has had it. Doesn't feel like Toriyama's typical approach, and makes the idea of there being something more to this arc beyond the tournament seem even more believable to me.

He also at least worried about his own friends' lives, something the anime isn't showing well even right now.

There are multiple cases before Super where Goku was willing to let someone go, including Frieza, even though they could become a big risk to everyone he cares about.

Good fights has always been a higher priority to Goku than the safety of his friends and loved ones, and right now he has many good fights to chase.

It warms my heart to see Gohan seriously fighting again. :') I never doubted the chosen one's return. I'm glad he's not home still being a family man (not that there's anything wrong with that, but yeah).

Now go watch episode 90. Tien does some stuff there.
Oh he certainly does some stuff there. :(

Slaythe

After seeing U7's kill count I find myself wishing they wouldn't get a single kill for the entire rest of the tournament until they're actually at the bottom of the pile.

Too bad that'll never happen.

Yes, I do wish these things out of spite. I hate seeing winners go unchallenged. I hate even more when they try to sell something as having serious stakes and then suck all the tension out of the events by making the heroes look untouchable.

This is gonna be a long arc. It's only been 10 minutes in universe.

You can't expect Goku Vegeta 17 and Gohan to lose right away. Come on.

HardRojo

Welp.

Cartoon Network will repeat the first 5 episodes again all week.

No chef Vegeta.

For real? No use in watching anything this week then lol, I had my Latam dub fix for the week already. What will they are on Saturday? The next 5 episodes? Seems stupid if you ask me.

For real? No use in watching anything this week then lol, I had my Latam dub fix for the week already. What will they are on Saturday? The next 5 episodes? Seems stupid if you ask me.

Nah i think its gonna be the same 5 eps.

I can see them doing it because its an event (DB Super is in LATAM) and they want to get the people who might have missed it.

Or maybe its just a fuckup lol

Skeeter49

Unpopular opinion, but with the main cast getting their ass kicked in most of the arcs in Super, I like that the U7 fighters are winning mostly with ease.

That'll change soon anyway.

It warms my heart to see Gohan seriously fighting again. :') I never doubted the chosen one's return. I'm glad he's not home still being a family man (not that there's anything wrong with that, but yeah).

Oh he certainly does some stuff there. :(
Just when you think Tien can't be humiliated any worse than 89, episode 90 happens.
To make it worse, when the previews came out for 90, they said Tien was using techniques that made him a threat.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Just when you think Tien can't be humiliated any worse than 89, episode 90 happens.
To make it worse, when the previews came out for 90, they said Tien was using techniques that made him a threat.

Gohan beat Tien like he looked at Videl funny. I'm not even sure it counts as a fight.

Weird about the LA's schedule. Maybe it's like Eylos said but I'm sure the page claimed we were getting a marathon of the 5 episodes of the week on Saturday, huh.

BTW, they just revealed who'll be Champa's and Vados' voices. Champa's voice is Martín Soto (who has voiced Professor Utonium, Marvin the Martian and Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh) and Vados' voice is Romina Marroquín (Frozen's Anna, Zootopia's Judy Hopps, Amy Adams).

I'll wait to see how Soto does Champa but Marroquín is perfect for Vados IMO

I mean, let's face it guys, things in Toyotaro's fan manga :

- Evil kai

- Evil Goku wannabe

- Broly is back

- 17 is back

- Gohan does shit

- Female super saiyans

It all seems to add up....

WAIT, I forgot

- Goten and Trunks actively participate in the plot

Never mind, forget it.

17 was in af? I can't believe I never heard that before.

When compared to the anime? Lol.

The manga has a lot less plot weirdness than the anime does, which is why I can enjoy the Black arc in the manga alongside the anime. Many of the shortcomings of the manga in comparison to the anime is due to its comparative amount of content. Therefore I feel like a lot of the hate thrown at Toyotaru for the manga is due to fans treating the manga like something it's not. I see it as an extra DB supplement to take alongside with the anime. The only way I think these many of these direct comparisons would be valid is if it was on a weekly schedule like the anime, and had room to cover the same amount of ground.

The thing I appreciate about the manga is it being "tighter" in terms of being consistent with itself and explained well, which the anime lacks in comparison, or else I wouldn't bother with the manga as much as I do.

I find the manga to make more sense too. I do think the Black arc is better in the anime up to the first return to the future after getting their asses kicked by Black the first time, but after that it falls apart and I prefer the manga ending simply because it's less stupid.

Slaythe

17 was in af? I can't believe I never heard that before.

Yes he was. But Toyotaro gave up his manga before concluding it, and 17 didn't join the battle.

Knowing Toyotaro, you can safely assume he would have made it so that 17 can transform into Super 17 at will now, somehow. He had Gohan shit out ssj4 with no tail nor machine after all.

Unpopular opinion, but with the main cast getting their ass kicked in most of the arcs in Super, I like that the U7 fighters are winning mostly with ease.

That'll change soon anyway.

Seriously. After B-Dubs' post I was expecting my boy Tien to actually contribute. He out there looking like a training dummy. He's just way out of his league at the moment. I hope things change but I'm not holding my breath.

I thought you were cool, B-Dubs.

dci260

Seriously. After B-Dubs' post I was expecting my boy Tien to actually contribute. He out there looking like a training dummy. He's just way out of his league at the moment. I hope things change but I'm not holding my breath.

mzgpSC3.gif

I'm sorry, but I thought this post was hilarious.

Eylos

Banned
Weird about the LA's schedule. Maybe it's like Eylos said but I'm sure the page claimed we were getting a marathon of the 5 episodes of the week on Saturday, huh.

BTW, they just revealed who'll be Champa's and Vados' voices. Champa's voice is Martín Soto (who has voiced Professor Utonium, Marvin the Martian and Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh) and Vados' voice is Romina Marroquín (Frozen's Anna, Zootopia's Judy Hopps, Amy Adams).

I'll wait to see how Soto does Champa but Marroquín is perfect for Vados IMO

I think even Cartoon is a little Lost, nobody knew It would re-start only looking at the schedule to know that, then there's they Changed from 4 episodes to 5 on saturday.

Btw i Checked on Cartoon website the sixth episode is scheduled for monday, and there's no dragon ball on saturday on the schedule.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Lmao. Gohan taking out all his frustrations on Tenshinhan.

I read a little of Toyotarou's fan manga up until like the end of the first chapter where the main villian revealed Goku had an affair with a Supreme Kai, and he was their son.

I stopped there and never looked back.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I read a little of Toyotarou's fan manga up until like the end of the first chapter where the main villian revealed Goku had an affair with a Supreme Kai, and he was their son.

Wut? That's just stupid. And they gave this guy the manga? No wonder it sucks.

HardRojo

Man, I'm watching all these weirdass cartoons on CN before DBS is up, and I'm so glad I didn't have to grow up with all this weird shit. Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Lab, Ed, Edd 'n Eddy, Powerpuff Girls... those were the times.

Laiza

I'm honestly kind of surprised how easy U7 has had it. Doesn't feel like Toriyama's typical approach, and makes the idea of there being something more to this arc beyond the tournament seem even more believable to me.
I'm pretty sure there's something beyond the tournament going on too, yeah. That being said, U7 having it so easy reminds me strongly of the Otherworld Tournament filler where Goku had a trivial time all the way up to Pikkon. I guess it's just typical Toei at this point to play up the protagonists this hard.
This is gonna be a long arc. It's only been 10 minutes in universe.

You can't expect Goku Vegeta 17 and Gohan to lose right away. Come on.
I didn't say I expected that. What I would have liked would have been for them to play up other universes' abilities by showing them getting a bunch of knockouts instead of U7 taking them all. They started strong with U9 getting a surprising amount of attention and then ruined everything as soon as U7 became the focus.

U7 is the villain group of this story at this point. Straight-up. I can't root for them anymore.
Should have been Dragon Garow Lee.
Exactly.

Wut? That's just stupid. And they gave this guy the manga? No wonder it sucks.

It to this day, continues to baffle me. It doesn't help that a lot of the pages were plagiarized from the original manga.

Even all these years later, he can't help himself and manages to slip in his bad old habits into the current Super manga.

Man, I'm watching all these weirdass cartoons on CN before DBS is up, and I'm so glad I didn't have to grow up with all this weird shit. Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Lab, Ed, Edd 'n Eddy, Powerpuff Girls... those were the times.
TTGo and the Powerpuff Girls reboot suck. Regular Show, Steven Universe and We Bare Bears are cool cartoons. Dunno what's up with Adventure Time these days.

Gumball is pretty funny as well.
tumblr_nzn3sgjIZ31tgmoq9o1_500.gif

c7b8b1caa1b15b3aec98f69d7d6b6134.gif

YoungOne

I remember reading about this awhile back I didn't know toyo was the one that did it.

I hate not having cable :(
But well hahaha, I believe the schedule is Monday to Friday and I suppose we will get a new episode every weekday like the old times?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah but guys the last chapter has Broly coming back because they need a certain amount of Saiyans for something.

It wasn't to make a god but it definitely was stupid

Anth0ny

Still expecting the tournament to be interrupted somehow

Same.

There's no way all of those universes are getting eliminated permanently. Too many good character designs going to waste in that case.

Either the tournament is interrupted and not finished, or they actually go all the way to the finish and in the end the Zenohs bring back all the eliminated universes.

Reivaxe

Still expecting the tournament to be interrupted somehow

I agree.

IDK if they can wish back universes or not and I'm DAMN sure U6 is gonna stick around for future arcs so no way they're gone gone.

What I think is that someone will confront the Zenos and instigate a conflict between them, they will disagree and as the spoiled pos all powerful characters they are they will destroy each other. Enter the GP as the next big bad as apparently he wants fewer universes.

So either someone wins and wishes for all the verses to merge (so Zeno gets fewer universes to deal with and all these amazing fighters get to live on in a forever cross over movie ... yay!) or the whole thing ends by something bigger taking center stage.

Maybe some angels KNOW their universes are garbage and after being freed from a certain amount they go "ok, time to flip the table on this Zeno shit. He trimmed enuff fat for us"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom