• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElyrionX

Finally caught up on the episodes. So much for taking that scrub Krillin for his "battle experience" wtf. Goten and Trunks would have been far more useful. Utterly ridiculous.

Finally caught up on the episodes. So much for taking that scrub Krillin for his "battle experience" wtf. Goten and Trunks would have been far more useful. Utterly ridiculous.
Kicked out by gloating if they were gonna pull that wouldn't that have been better pulled on the kids? Not the veteran who's been fighting all his life

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
As it should be my man.
This is the saiyans show, not the half saiyans.
Vegeta and Goku will be always the top characters in DBS.
Goku is obnoxious and Vegeta is only interesting in slice of life situations in Super. They needed the other characters to come back to shift the focus away from such a boring dynamic. Future Trunks was just the start.

Kicked out by gloating if they were gonna pull that wouldn't that have been better pulled on the kids? Not the veteran who's been fighting all his life

Yeah that was pretty dumb. Especially since he made the mistake twice in one episode. I have no idea why they went with that when they could have easily had Frost overpower him and knock him out anyway without making Krillin look like a total idiot.

Anth0ny

Goten and trunks can't damage base vegeta when fused and ss3
Got left outta not one but two tournaments
Was told to stay home when freaking tien and roshi was allowed to come
Did nothing when their future selves either
A)suffered a bunch(mention that dumb speech I dare you)
B) literally got killed
is that not literal hell enough. 😩

I hope they're training on the island right now against poachers using the bolded as inspiration

"tousan made us look silly. the great gotenks, who bounced majin boo around like a volleyball, reduced to a joke!"

hire me toei

caliph95

Like those two would last longer
Saying as someone who wanted krillin to survive

Yeah that was pretty dumb. Especially since he made the mistake twice in one episode. I have no idea why they went with that when they could have easily had Frost overpower him and knock him out anyway without making Krillin look like a total idiot.
I doubt anyone would be upset he lost to frost straight up. So idk why it was done that way

Well I mean they're stronger than him...

You know what I'll take that back idek anymore

ElyrionX

They probably would have because a kick with enough power to send Krillin flying without killing him would probably not even move Trunks or Goten.

And Krillin's "battle experience" is shit. All he's done post-Frieza was to be the group's designated Senzu bean deliveryboy, literally. And let's not even talk about Tien or Roshi. For those three useless bodies, they gave up two Super fucking Saiyans who even have the option of fusing into SSJ3?

I get why the show creators would put in Krillin, Tien and Roshi into the team. Having half the team be Super Saiyans would be kind of boring but that's the legacy of the IP. They can choose to write themselves out of this situation but not in this way of shoehorning obviously-underpowered characters into an important team in a series where literally nothing else have mattered in the past but pure raw power.

Eylos

Banned
Latam brothers, i asked to an admin of a Br Fan page, he said nobody knows exactly what Cartoon Will do on saturday that the schedule is different in each place you check, only watching on saturday to know what Will happen.

Edit: in another Fan page they confirmed episode 6 for saturday.

Ugh i know nothing anymore

They probably would have because a kick with enough power to send Krillin flying without killing him would probably not even move Trunks or Goten.

And Krillin's "battle experience" is shit. All he's done post-Frieza was to be the group's designated Senzu bean deliveryboy, literally. And let's not even talk about Tien or Roshi. For those three useless bodies, they gave up two Super fucking Saiyans who even have the option of fusing into SSJ3?

I get why the show creators would put in Krillin, Tien and Roshi into the team. Having half the team be Super Saiyans would be kind of boring but that's the legacy of the IP. They can choose to write themselves out of this situation but not in this way of shoehorning obviously-underpowered characters into an important team in a series where literally nothing else have mattered in the past but pure raw power.
Shoehorning is exactly what they did, they brought in weakass Roshi, freaking Roshi.

Ingeniero

Goku is obnoxious and Vegeta is only interesting in slice of life situations in Super. They needed the other characters to come back to shift the focus away from such a boring dynamic. Future Trunks was just the start.
Goku is so dumb its funny to watch, hilarious screen time.
And Vegeta slice of life moments are always good and funny indeed, but also his fighting moments are badass, win or lose, excelent screen time always.

I agree with you that other characters should shift the focus a bit tho... but not the old boring cast, we need the U6 characters to gain relevance.

Kuririn is literally a joke character, only on screen for comedy relief purposes.
So him being eliminated in a humilliating way is perfect and fit his arc.
Also is was so funny to watch.

And Vegeta slice of life moments are always good and funny indeed, but also his fighting moments are badass, win or lose, excelent screen time always.

I agree with you that other characters should shift the focus a bit tho... but not the old boring cast, we need the U6 characters to gain relevance.

Kuririn is literally a joke character, only on screen for comedy relief purposes.
Yamcha,Jaco, buu

Style

Banned
I want to believe in Goku and Gohan fusing, and the Ultimate form winning as the fusion form over SSJ.

The only time Goku has canonically resorted to fusion is when his opponent is merged too. So unless the Pride Troopers combine in to some giant mech, it's never going to happen.

caliph95

The only time Goku has canonically resorted to fusion is when his opponent is merged too. So unless the Pride Troopers combine in to some giant mech, it's never going to happen.
They wouldn't fuse again with buu when everything hangs in the balance and crushed the potara's

Yeah, realistically, they should've subbed out the three humans for Goten, Trunks, and Buu.

But then, the writers have been pandering to Pre-Buu Saga nostalgia since Resurrection F, so it's not surprising.

I agree. Domestic Vegeta is best Vegeta. Especially since even when he does fight he doesn't really have the arrogance or flaunting that he used to. The man is now just diet Goku these days. Less stupidity, less power, less filling.

Red Devil

Still waiting for Piccolo to stop doing nothing.

So far he's as useless as Tien.

Well even more useless than him, at least Tenshinhan defeated somebody even if he had to team up with Roshi. Piccolo and Gohan haven't done anything yet.

The Namekian character options in Xenoverse and DBO have generally been pretty ugly, so I'm not terribly surprised that they look so similar... That being said, now we have Broly and Slug, which movie character will get a counterpart next?

I'll go there and say that U9 GoD was Bojack.

Wait WTF is the schedule? I thought they'd be airing new episodes from Mon to Fri, then repeat them all on Saturday. I don't get it.

From what I understood on Saturday they'll be showing the same episodes they'll show this week, so yeah 1-5 again.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

The old cast is not boring at all. They're certainly more interesting than the one-dimensional Universe 6 screw.

Gin-Shiio

The old cast is not boring at all. They're certainly more interesting than the one-dimensional Universe 6 screw.

The former-core-now-support-cast has been and still is heavily underutilized, and comes off as one-dimensional to me now. I'll exclude Krillin, 18 and 17 from that since they've been doing a good job with them this arc, but other than that, I can't say Picollo, Tien, and even Gohan have been seeing much and meaningful development. The latter to some extent, but all they did is bring him back to his old status from Z. From that point of view, I agree with the previous poster; U6 is fresh and full of possibilities.

caliph95

The former-core-now-support-cast has been and still is heavily underutilized, and comes off as one-dimensional to me now. I'll exclude Krillin, 18 and 17 from that since they've been doing a good job with them this arc, but other than that, I can't say Picollo, Tien, and even Gohan have been seeing much and meaningful development. The latter to some extent, but all they did is bring him back to his old status from Z. From that point of view, I agree with the previous poster; U6 is fresh and full of possibilities.
We have universes of possibilities but we're doing little with them besides fodder at least for now

Skeeter49

Goten and Trunks would have looked at the pride troopers, and fused to take on Jiren in the first minute.

They would have at least left Gohan's circle.

The only one I really fault for not having a lot of development is Cabba, since he's had over 60 episodes.
And they did nothing with the reason he wanted to learn SSJ in the first place. Salada was having a lot of issues and wars and he wanted to be a help in putting a stop to it. Yet they just ignored that.

caliph95

Goten and Trunks would have looked at the pride troopers, and fused to take on Jiren in the first minute.

They would so be the guys that got one shot by jiren, toppo, Ribranne, kale or hit as a joke or hell bergamo
I'm willing to sacrifice Gohan so Kale and Caulifla become part of the main crew
image.php

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

I guess you missed the pre-tournament episodes? Gohan's had the second most development this arc aside from Goku.

I'm willing to sacrifice Gohan so Kale and Caulifla become part of the main crew

Get out.

Skeeter49

The one thing I kind of like with the tournament now, or I guess the future of Super, is the unconventional "SSJ's."

I'm tired of SSB, and tired of everyone getting SSJ, so seeing two different types of "SSJ's", with Ultimate Gohan and Kale is nice. It's one of the reasons I liked that Gohan had an Ultimate form, he was different when SSJ was the big thing.

Can we sacrifice Tien? :(

Gin-Shiio

I guess you missed the pre-tournament episodes? Gohan's had the second most development this arc aside from Goku.

I didn't. As I said, all they did is make him not suck again. Something they never should have done in the first place. I can't really say he is very different from how he was in Z right now. All they did was reestablish the status quo.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

No.

I didn't. As I said, all they did is make him not suck again. Something they never should have done in the first place. I can't really say he is very different from how he was in Z right now. All they did was reestablish the status quo.

While I agree Toriyama made a mistake in retreading previous plot ideas, they've still developed Gohan in Super past Z in several respects. Here he's actively shown to want to protect his family, he wants to get better and they touched on his fatal flaw from Z back in episode 88. He's getting focus again this week so I expect those sort of developments to go further now that he's "super serious."

Anth0ny

man I don't know what dragon ball you read/watched but the whole reason why I like this show is because of how likeable the characters are

I would never be "happy" about a character not getting attention. I think Goten and Trunks have a ton of potential for fun stories... maybe harkening back to the original adventures Kid Goku used to have. like that episode where they went to get the water for Videl was adorable.

I also think there's a fun story to tell about the parents being over protective and the kids wanting to go out there and prove themselves. Contrast with Gohan, who was pressured since the beginning to unleash his true potential against his wishes, you can have Goten and Trunks who want to get out there and kick ass only for dad to keep saying "No, it's too dangerous, you're staying home"

The one thing I kind of like with the tournament now, or I guess the future of Super, is the unconventional "SSJ's."

I'm tired of SSB, and tired of everyone getting SSJ, so seeing two different types of "SSJ's", with Ultimate Gohan and Kale is nice. It's one of the reasons I liked that Gohan had an Ultimate form, he was different when SSJ was the big thing.

Yes. He's boring as hell.

In all seriousness, I think this Tournament of killing other universes so your Universe can live might be too heavy for the boys. I mean yeah you'll say Gohan fought world-destroying monsters as a child but he didn't like kill the namekian so the earthlings could live or something like that.
This really wasn't the place for kids.

You'll get Tien and you'll like it.

So much redemption for that character when I get FighterZ....

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Yes, the individualized stuff is great. I was afraid they were gonna take the easy way out and do a SSB bargain sale but that doesn't look like it will ever happen, nor should it.

Skeeter49

Yes, the individualized stuff is great. I was afraid they were gonna take the easy way out and do a SSB bargain sale but that doesn't look like it will ever happen, nor should it.

One reason I still hope, even if it wasn't intended, that Future Trunks form can be retconned into a hybrid form of trying to achieve SSB.
A new form, and a more interesting form for Goten and Trunks.

I'm pretty sure at that point people writing the show have absolutely no idea where they wanna go with the characters, they just try to write cool or funny stuff without any regard at all to past dragon ball development or power level in the least.

You don't have to care that much about continuity but the level at which dragon ball writers don't care about it is just frustrating.
Stuff like spending 10 minutes to explain how the ring is almost unbreakable, you have to be GoD level of power, to have it destroy easily by the first fighter around, just 2 minutes after is a prime example of how they just have abandoned any semblance of rules governing their universe. Put at least a bit of logic or continuity in your stuff...come on. Just the minimum..

In that regard, it's not really shocking how they forgot or don't care about Goten and Trunks or just decided to revert them to not so strong child..
I don't think they ever stated it was on God level, and the one person who did the most damage to it was on Blue level to be fair.

I think the idea was just to reassure it wasn't going to breakdown completely in the fight. Frieza can't do a death ball and destroy the whole ring in order to win.

Bossun

I'm pretty sure at that point people writing the show have absolutely no idea where they wanna go with the characters, they just try to write cool or funny stuff without any regard at all to past dragon ball development or power level in the least.

You don't have to care that much about continuity but the level at which dragon ball writers don't care about it is just frustrating.
Stuff like spending 10 minutes to explain how the ring is almost unbreakable, you have to be GoD level of power, to have it destroy easily by the first fighter around, just 2 minutes after is a prime example of how they just have abandoned any semblance of rules governing their universe. Put at least a bit of logic or continuity in your stuff...come on. Just the minimum..

In that regard, it's not really shocking how they forgot or don't care about Goten and Trunks or just decided to revert them to not so strong child..

caliph95

They want to show how strong characters are and to have change in settings but they might as well never bring up the material it was made from plus it's not really impressive since it was never shown how tough it is. I think it just to say it won't be destroyed by jiren and such but we could have assume that it was made by the priest

Rutger

Banned

It is pretty great, and hopefully it will lead to the non-Saiyans learning some tricks that can let them finally get on the same level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom